Screen goes berserk underwater

Search This thread

sushi143

Oct 8, 2009
Michigan
So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

halleyrokz

Mine Too

So I recently got to try to take pictures with my phone underwater.... But one problem I came upon is that once my screen touches the water, it goes berserk and basically exits the camera app. I know I'm suppose to use the physical camera button but I can't even do that if the phone exits the camera app. How are people able to take videos and pictures under water???

Oh I thought it was just my phone. Mine too goes crazy when used in shower or underwater, the screen starts to have a mind of it's own.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek

Try with this...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2376305

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

SafiXS

Oct 4, 2011
Try to restart the camera with physical camera button when it exit

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL

I'm not sure what else you may be expecting. The phone can't tell the difference between your finger and water. That's why there's a hardware camera button....

Also, you'll notice that if there is water on the screen and you turn the screen off then back on, it learns to ignore that water and the touch works well. Obviously this doesn't work underwater or with water constantly falling on the phone.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

sushi143

Oct 8, 2009
Michigan
I'm not expecting it to work well under water or anything more. You've totally missed my question, I just want to know how people are able to do this

http://youtu.be/O3k3szQDmHM

Obviously their screen is not going crazy I assume and stays within the camera app to be able to record/ take pictures

Gemc666

Feb 27, 2011
I'm not expecting it to work well under water or anything more. You've totally missed my question, I just want to know how people are able to do this

Obviously their screen is not going crazy I assume and stays within the camera app to be able to record/ take pictures

use touch block on the mini apps after you open the camera

Reactions: sushi143

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

use touch block on the mini apps after you open the camera