Testers Needed TW 4.4.2 - beta 2 5/26/14

Search This thread

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
For t-mobile the build.prop should be as follows.

ro.product.model=SGH-T889

ro.product.device=t0ltetmo

ro.product.name=t0ltetmo

Be sure to save changes and reboot.

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
i did but still on 4g for some reason.
I even checked the apn.
But still on 4g. Maybe modem? Which 1 should i try.

are you sure you are in the area where T Mobile has LTE? Or you are just in the refarmed 1900 region? have you run speed test to see if you are getting let speed and the icon just showing 4G as oppose to LTE? Is your phone T Mobile note 2 or ATT Note 2? Mine is ATT note 2 and hence I change the build prop to t0lteatt

btw, I noticed that in your screen shot, you have the ro.product.device list at "t0lte", I have that as "t0lteatt" and the line above as "t0lteatt". If you are on the T Mobile, you prob need to match both name and device to the Tmo version.

britdude

Nov 25, 2012
Caledonia
OnePlus 6T
Android is Upgrading on reboots

Have installed with a clean slate the beta 2, as when i did a dirty upgrade from beta 1 to beta 2 some time back , when it reboots it always has the Android is upgrading.....starting apps

well even with wiping my internal and putting a clean fresh beta 2 on, it still does the Android is upgrading on a reboot...starting apps

Can anyone let em know if they get this?:confused:

Last edited:

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
are you sure you are in the area where T Mobile has LTE? Or you are just in the refarmed 1900 region? have you run speed test to see if you are getting let speed and the icon just showing 4G as oppose to LTE? Is your phone T Mobile note 2 or ATT Note 2? Mine is ATT note 2 and hence I change the build prop to t0lteatt

btw, I noticed that in your screen shot, you have the ro.product.device list at "t0lte", I have that as "t0lteatt" and the line above as "t0lteatt". If you are on the T Mobile, you prob need to match both name and device to the Tmo version.

I have a T889 on 4.3 bootloader and Iget the 4g lte icon on both beta 1 and beta2. I am using AGNi kernel also. No need to change build.prop from my end. See image with 4g lte icon.

To other post yes it does. Android upgrading every time it reboots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-10-09-57-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-10-09-57-52.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

justforgot

Oct 11, 2012
I did check my about phone its umts and hspa+ and I have a t-mobile s4 which gets lte in my area. And installed beta 2 from different Rom by wiping off everything (data, system and internal memory) but still on 4G aka umts and hspa+. My Device is the Att Note 2 and ive done the speed test mostly around 5 mb/s to 8mb/s down and 2mb/s to 3mb/s for upload.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

justforgot

Oct 11, 2012

This is what I get. I have Att Note 2

Attachments

• 1402506878894.jpg
    1402506878894.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 90

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
This is what I get. I have Att Note 2

this is odd as I am also using this on T mobile and was able to get let speed and signal icon without any issue after adjusting the build.prop. maybe you want to check the radio band to make sure it is enabled and not set to hspa. Unfortunately, I cannot use *#*#4636#*#* after flashing this rom, so you may need to use playstore app for that.

justforgot

Oct 11, 2012
this is odd as I am also using this on T mobile and was able to get let speed and signal icon without any issue after adjusting the build.prop. maybe you want to check the radio band to make sure it is enabled and not set to hspa. Unfortunately, I cannot use *#*#4636#*#* after flashing this rom, so you may need to use playstore app for that.

What app would you prefer me to use and what is your baseband version.

Attachments

• 1402523103355.jpg
    1402523103355.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 72

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
What app would you prefer me to use and what is your baseband version.

when I looked at my network mode. I see mine is set as "manual". I originally unlock my phone with the thread posted in the the main page (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176720) and I do believe I also use the same setting there to lock to LTE as well. not sure if that make any difference.

justforgot

Oct 11, 2012
when I looked at my network mode. I see mine is set as "manual". I originally unlock my phone with the thread posted in the the main page (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176720) and I do believe I also use the same setting there to lock to LTE as well. not sure if that make any difference.

I've used the same method to unlock as well but I've flashed many more baseband. Tell me the name you have in yours right now.

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
I've used the same method to unlock as well but I've flashed many more baseband. Tell me the name you have in yours right now.

I only flashed the the modem that came with the 4.3 rom with the zip file that was posted. other than that I had flashed the 4.3 paran and file posted in the general forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

justforgot

Oct 11, 2012
Does anyone know about the font issue. Usually samsung own firmware support Asian font but it's not included in this Rom. Anyway to fix that issue let me know. Thanks.

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Anybody install this on the T-mobile Note II? If so how does it run?

Thank you

Yes been running beta 2 with Agni 4.2.1 kernel for over a week. rebooted once on fist day, Also today audio went out after installing Viper4Android and had to reboot.

But all the 4.4.2 and S5 features work very nice.

My install: in installation I installed with out tweaks and stock kernel let fir for about 10 minutes
then flashed SU and Agni Kernel.

Shutting off all sync I had 41% battery left after 15 hours with 3.23 hours of on screen.
Also installed in Xposed DVFS Disabler and Battery calibrator.
in settings >wifi >advance >un-ticked always allow scanning.

No need to flash modem, note it does now have the ATT model number not tmobile.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gorguts

Gorguts

Jun 27, 2007
Westminster CO
Rock n roll!

Yes been running beta 2 with Agni 4.2.1 kernel for over a week. rebooted once on fist day, Also today audio went out after installing Viper4Android and had to reboot.

But all the 4.4.2 and S5 features work very nice.

My install: in installation I installed with out tracks and stock kernel let fir for about 10 minutes
then flashed SU and Agni Kernel.

Shutting off all sync I had 41% battery left after 15 hours with 3.23 hours of on screen.
Also installed in Xposed DVFS Disabler and Battery calibrator.
in settings >wifi >advance >un-ticked always allow scanning.

No need to flash modem, note it does now have the ATT model number not tmobile.

Enjoy.

This is all good stuff. Thank you my friend.

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
audio issues:

1) When head phones are plugged in and receiving a text messages, the audio notification goes out to in phone speaker and head set, impossible to be discreet in quiet areas..
2) Audio completely dies out until phone is rebooted, happens when watching a video and leave and comes back to it. This causes all sound to stop working.
3) When phone calls come in and I leave phone on my desk at work and i'm away, the phone reads out the name of who is calling.

does anyone have a fix or know a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
Back again this Rom and I can confirm that with the latest kernel upgrade is beta now agni is all solid rock, thanks bsb wherever you are ...?

Enviado desde mi SGH-I317 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: CharliexCharger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Need testers. Based off official Samsung firmware . Everyone welcome to test. Please leave constructive feed back in this thread. I will monitor, and use your feedback to create a solid note 2 Rom. It will never have note 3 features, only ones that come in official note 2 firmware. That being said, I will add as many S5 apps as possible. I will move this to the development section once it's out of testing.

So far contains:

Build prop edicts - thanks E-Team - removed for now.
    S5 launcher w/pullup & pullup2
    S5 weather
    S5 mms
    De-odexed
    Secthemechooser in launcher menu

more - will update later with more thanks and features soon.

Instructions:

Make A backup

Flash Rom, make a few decisions, let boot and settle, go back into recovery, then flash su zip, reboot, let settle till you get signal bars, then continue setup. Once setup is done,, set ATT APN, reboot, then test it.

If you don't understand these instructions, you should not be a tester. :sly:

The Rom

Beta

https://mega.co.nz/#!WB5nzCSK!invDQGeT2kpuKPViy56bNUjnYV53iBHyOXC7lCXxQpM

Beta 1

https://mega.co.nz/#!CY5BlIrS!zycWVMMuwP0ZIEJTG02kaNUqH0DFAVEv2PCcYPsAvi8

Added more S5 apps

Snote
    Multiwindow
    Wallpaper Picker
    Frameworks
    UI stuff
    Bunch of other apps also..

Beta 2

https://mega.co.nz/#!iJ4XiSAL!MjXmOlc2WFbfftw3TtoFHFFW2u4m6rDVu4f7KEYS6c4

Re-based
    Aroma
    more S5 stuff
    build prop Tweaks by Maw2607 - let me know your experience with these, little different than mine.
    stock or agni kernel 4.0
    4 way reboot - built in
    more...
    Mirror - https://www.mediafire.com/?ug8c5jijqxjx9bd

SU

https://mega.co.nz/#!fR433ZzB!p9mgmPZE1hKrzBnIO2aZyGtkiOsg38VSeIJQf_ER3Tg

Thanks to @Chainfire
    Thanks to @Arsaw
    Thanks to @ayoubadri
    Thanks to @sunajkram23
    Thanks to @Mr Bola
    Thanks to @psndna88
    Thanks to @Maw2607
    Thanks to @fake_japanese_guy

All contributed to this rom.

Peace.

bsbachert.....

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Update coming soon....more S5 apps..and other tweaks.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thank you all for your input. I'll get beta 3 out soon. Hell week at work, and I am working 12hour days.

Take care..

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Added Beta 1 link. After I get the S5 system UI to boot from a fresh install, I'll move to development.

Thanks everyone for trying this out.

Take care..
    Beta 2 is ready. Let me know what you think. I will try to find a mirror, I know mega can be crappy some days.