[ICS PATCH][CWM] Dear XDA, I present to you...the rotation fix :)

Search This thread

fuse1820

Oct 28, 2006
ONLY FOR ICS LEAK-BASED ROMS

If you have Gingerbread, don't read further!!

Auto-rotate! :-D
Specifically, this fixes the accelerometer issue altogether. Its a deep fix, going down to the driver level. So games and camera work too.

This should work on all ICS leak-derivative ROMs, including my own (and will be baked into my upcoming release).
Long story short, this was made possible due to the ATT Galaxy Note leak (a cousin of the T989)
In theory we can now start pushing out functional ICS ROMs. But there is still the pesky call echo issue, looking into that.

Feel free to include it in your ROMs...although I do ask for some credit since I spent countless hours in the past few days investigating and investigating. My eyes are sore :eek:

Warning: Please make a NANDROID backup prior to flashing this.
You never know what can go wrong.
There is no need to clear Dalvik, but I'd do it anyway if I were you.

This file needs to be flashed with ClockworkMod
So you can put it on your SD card, boot into recovery, and install it.

Be careful though. Make a backup first. Always make backups.

IMPORTANT
After installation, remember to:
1) Enable auto-rotation on your launcher / whatever you prefer. Remember we had a little era of no accelerometer so its a little bit foreign ATM :p
2) Calibrate your Gyroscope via the Settings -> Display menu

Attachments

• AutoRotateHotfix.zip
    278.5 KB · Views: 6,959
Last edited:

defconoi

Oct 31, 2008
SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
www.android-unleashed.com
confirmed

working on racing's original ICS leak!

camera settings menu isnt retarded no more and pictures are the right orientation w00t

downloaded bubble level in the market and sensors are working perfectly

nice work yaldak, will be waiting on your new rom release, sing racings right now cuz video recording is broke in ravers, see if u can improve the call echo

check it out:
dial:
*#0*# - menu "Sensor"

Last edited:

hazard99

Jun 13, 2009
I was so just about to use the rotation lock bandaid.... thank you ever so much!

Works perfect. no problems during the flash. Just make sure whatever launcher you are running has the auto rotate turned on.

Last edited:

yoft1

Feb 15, 2012
Everyone thought that this would be a problem only source could fix... Congratulations on proving them wrong :cool:

hazard99

Jun 13, 2009
Can someone else who hasnt applied the mod download android sensor or something else that will interact with the gyroscope.

It seems like its working in reverse. left and right seems to control for and aft.

I could be crazy. So I would like someone else to confirm.

tuffballa

Jul 12, 2010
it works like a charm on the ICS Perfection ROM!! also played temple run and the accelerometer works beautifully!! Thanks for this bro

Reactions: diamantericos

ShermCraig

Oct 26, 2009
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Use Thanks button

Folks, I'm speaking for all of us that subscribe to threads. Instead of posting "Thanks man" or something similar, just hit the "Thanks" button! We don't all need to be alerted when Joe Shmoe writes "thank you". We all appreciate the hard work of the devs - if you want to show your appreciation, keep the threads clean, or better yet, send them money/buy them a drink, if you are so inclined.

Thanks for your indulgence!

olm3ca

Apr 11, 2011
this is fantastic. Was hoping it would fix Instagram, but it doesn't. I guess there are more issues with our ICS ports than just the auto-rotate. But we're getting closer!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you have Gingerbread, don't read further!!

Auto-rotate! :-D
    Specifically, this fixes the accelerometer issue altogether. Its a deep fix, going down to the driver level. So games and camera work too.

This should work on all ICS leak-derivative ROMs, including my own (and will be baked into my upcoming release).
    Long story short, this was made possible due to the ATT Galaxy Note leak (a cousin of the T989)
    In theory we can now start pushing out functional ICS ROMs. But there is still the pesky call echo issue, looking into that.

Feel free to include it in your ROMs...although I do ask for some credit since I spent countless hours in the past few days investigating and investigating. My eyes are sore :eek:

Warning: Please make a NANDROID backup prior to flashing this.
    You never know what can go wrong.
    There is no need to clear Dalvik, but I'd do it anyway if I were you.

This file needs to be flashed with ClockworkMod
    So you can put it on your SD card, boot into recovery, and install it.

Be careful though. Make a backup first. Always make backups.

IMPORTANT
    After installation, remember to:
    1) Enable auto-rotation on your launcher / whatever you prefer. Remember we had a little era of no accelerometer so its a little bit foreign ATM :p
    2) Calibrate your Gyroscope via the Settings -> Display menu
    I have absolutely no idea how or why you've gotten 200 thanks in 14 hours since posting this lmao.

you guys seem to really love your accelerometer!

Based on the fact that you have 200 thanks exactly in less than 24 hours of posting this tells me this actually matters. Expect it on the XDA Portal in the next couple of days :)

Yes, XDA was spying on you, several members, in fact, didn't believe me when I said you had this many thanks lol.

Have a great evening everyone :) I hope you like the article I'm about to write about it!

That's awesome. Thank you :)
    And thanks all for feedback.

We do love our accelerometer. :p
    As annoying as the accelerometer can be sometimes...I think I took it for granted it and missed it very much
    Use Thanks button

Folks, I'm speaking for all of us that subscribe to threads. Instead of posting "Thanks man" or something similar, just hit the "Thanks" button! We don't all need to be alerted when Joe Shmoe writes "thank you". We all appreciate the hard work of the devs - if you want to show your appreciation, keep the threads clean, or better yet, send them money/buy them a drink, if you are so inclined.

Thanks for your indulgence!
    To all:

I've been MIA because of summer classes & work taking a heavy toll lately....but I'm not gone just yet. I've been quietly working on my ROM and now that the Rogers 4.0.4 official is out, I'm porting my work over to the new base.

My Galaxy S2 in the past month has:
    • fallen into the sink
    • played dead for 2 days
    • run through a clothes dryer
    • a corroded steel frame
    • had borked soft keys (again)
    • ...but survived all of this miraculously and works like new :)

There are a lot of questions and PMs I will answer within the next week. Look forward to a new thread for the ROM and a new thread that organizes all of the patches for cross-compatibility with I727 roms.

Possibly a compass patch too ;-)

Cheers
    I have absolutely no idea how or why you've gotten 200 thanks in 14 hours since posting this lmao.

you guys seem to really love your accelerometer!

Based on the fact that you have 200 thanks exactly in less than 24 hours of posting this tells me this actually matters. Expect it on the XDA Portal in the next couple of days :)

Yes, XDA was spying on you, several members, in fact, didn't believe me when I said you had this many thanks lol.

Have a great evening everyone :) I hope you like the article I'm about to write about it!

Context: T989 owners are desperate, we've been foaming at the mouth for a working ICS build. We felt left out, we felt neglected... UNTIL... we got a half-working Skyrocket leak, joy overcame us, we were in fact getting ICS! To hell with it if it doesn't work correctly, we're members of XDA and we believe in the power of community.

Today, our hope and patience has paid off thanks to the community! There is no sweeter fruit than that which you watched grow yourself...