[Q&A] [GAPPS][2015-06-01] Open GApps for Android 5.1, 5.0, 4.4

Search This thread

laska.levin

Im using a Zenfone 2 Z00A with RR and official Gapps flashed. However, I don't see trusted face option in smart lock, only body detection, trusted place, trusted device and trusted voice are included. When I direct to root/system/app/FaceLock, there is only lib and no apk is included. Is it normal? Do I have any way to fix it? :confused:

Isn't that a problem of RR, not OpenGApps?

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
So, I've got a Nexus 7 WiFi (flo) device that I'm getting ready for LineageOS and was wondering what's the best gapps package for it? I see this page detailing advanced options, a package comparison chart & then the gapps page itself. Any suggestions would be great.

There is no best. The packages are broken up the way they are to fit one's needs. If you plan to always update your Google apps from the Play Store you can go with something like nano and get everything else from the store.

If you want to replace the default LOS apps with Google equivalents (keyboard, dialer, contacts, photos, clock, etc.) then go for the package with most of that stuff in it.

BTW, you didn't specify if you're talking about Nougat or Oreo. If the latter, there are no Oreo gapps here. You'll have to go for the unofficial builds mentioned in previous posts/pages.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, SL!M4 DF!NR B09 ROM, Multiboot, Tapatalk 4.9.5

celebi23

Jul 4, 2007
There is no best. The packages are broken up the way they are to fit one's needs. If you plan to always update your Google apps from the Play Store you can go with something like nano and get everything else from the store.

If you want to replace the default LOS apps with Google equivalents (keyboard, dialer, contacts, photos, clock, etc.) then go for the package with most of that stuff in it.

BTW, you didn't specify if you're talking about Nougat or Oreo. If the latter, there are no Oreo gapps here. You'll have to go for the unofficial builds mentioned in previous posts/pages.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, SL!M4 DF!NR B09 ROM, Multiboot, Tapatalk 4.9.5
Whoops, yeah, going with LOS 14.1. Ok, I'll go with Nano or Pico then. Thanks!

Reactions: marcdw

elRaw

Feb 21, 2018
Dialer empty history

Hello guys,
When I'm in my main account in Android (G account synced etc.) my call history is empty in the dialer app.
(When I'm in guest mode I can view it)
The log gives SQL error transcription_state column doesn't exist.

Anybody had the same issue?

Lineage 15.1 - Capricorn

ffonz

Nov 15, 2007
GApps config

Hi,
I found on the wiki pages of opengapps an item about Advanced Features and Options. In this article there are excellent examples of a config file. I tried to copy and paste one of the config files with Chrome on my Android device, but what a mess: All new lines and tabs are lost!

I have been struggling with this config file to get it right, but I don't have any confidence about the file. The text editor wraps the text, so there might be a chance of missing some new line characters (which means missing some apps)! I tried to find a link to download the file (or another example), but I couldn't find any good (general) ones. :(

Finally I went back to my old PC and copied and pasted the example there. Everything looked well! But to me, going back to a PC feels like going back in time. It means creating a GApps config, is depending on another OS!!!! :crying: Can't it be made easier to get these examples on my Android device?

Possible solutions:
  1. Edit the example in such a way, new lines and tabs are copied from Chrome.
  2. Or, if that is technically not possible, create some links on the wiki page where users can download a proper example.
  3. Or, (more work) create an online configurator with a lot of checkboxes, where you can create and download a config file instantly!

ffonz

Nov 15, 2007
Problem installing GApps

For 2 days I am trying to install lineage-14.1-20170810-UNOFFICIAL-n8013.zip with GApps. As you can see in the Open GApps log file, I DO have enough space in memory to install the apps.

First I tried a 'full' install, but it crashed after installing ’drive'. Then I tried a mini install. Also failed. And now I have been trying a custom configured install from a super image for several times, even without reinstalling Lineage. Coincidence or not, but it looks like I am getting further every next attempt. First it crashed after 'drive', then after 'search', then 'sheets' and the last time after 'youtube', almost there!

In the recovery logging you can see, there is this error:
Code:
/tmp/tar-arm: Child died with signal 9
/tmp/tar-arm: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

So what is going wrong?

PS I am using twrp-2.8.6.0-gt-n8010 installed with odin3 v1.85. And the n8010 and n8013 are using the same Lineage image.

Attachments

• open_gapps_log.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 1
  • recovery.log
    91.1 KB · Views: 8

Gedablo666

Sep 26, 2013
Lithuania
I dont know is it gapps fault or not, but I cant download or update anything on google play store. First time getting this issue. Im using Beltz rom and 8.1 stock gapps. Tried to clear cache etc for play store but nothing happens.

ffonz

Nov 15, 2007
For 2 days I am trying to install lineage-14.1-20170810-UNOFFICIAL-n8013.zip with GApps. As you can see in the Open GApps log file, I DO have enough space in memory to install the apps.

First I tried a 'full' install, but it crashed after installing ’drive'. Then I tried a mini install. Also failed. And now I have been trying a custom configured install from a super image for several times, even without reinstalling Lineage. Coincidence or not, but it looks like I am getting further every next attempt. First it crashed after 'drive', then after 'search', then 'sheets' and the last time after 'youtube', almost there!

In the recovery logging you can see, there is this error:
Code:
/tmp/tar-arm: Child died with signal 9
/tmp/tar-arm: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

So what is going wrong?

PS I am using twrp-2.8.6.0-gt-n8010 installed with odin3 v1.85. And the n8010 and n8013 are using the same Lineage image.

Found it. I had to use a different twrp version of ANOTHER device! twrp-2.8.7.0-n8013.zip from this thread:
https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=12926#downloads even though I have a n8010 and not a n8013!

Sizzlechest

Dec 18, 2010
I installed the ARM (32-bit) version of Opengapps on my Moto E4 Plus, but I believe I should have used ARM64. If I flash the ARM64 zip in TWRP, will that uninstall the ARM version and replace it with the ARM64 one or do I have to wipe out the system partition and reinstall the rom, too?

Jan 5, 2017
This is not too important, but could you please update the OpenGApps App so it supports Android 8.0-8.1? It would mainly just be a convenience for me but it's not too important, so I understand if you're too busy.

Reactions: Blackeyedangel

seriosbrad

Sep 2, 2010
Alberta
What is the minimum package (or required Google apps/services) to make "OK Google" detection work?

I installed Pico yesterday and then spent a couple hours trying to get OK Google to work lol. All the enabling sliders were grey'd out. Then I installed the Full gapps and it worked great.

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
What is the minimum package (or required Google apps/services) to make "OK Google" detection work?

I installed Pico yesterday and then spent a couple hours trying to get OK Google to work lol. All the enabling sliders were grey'd out. Then I installed the Full gapps and it worked great.

Nano is the minimum that will work. Reason you had trouble is because Google App/Now/Search/Velvet needs to be a system app for OK Google to work properly.
It's included in all packages starting with Nano.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, GZOSP_PixelExperience, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

Reactions: seriosbrad

bghyt

Aug 30, 2016
OnePlus 6T
cannot see option selected

when i select back, middle circle to exit or info, next (in the aroma installer) i cannot see which is selected, there's no highlight or anything, my phone is huawei p9 lite c432 3gb model, i was able to use the aroma installer with a lot of guess work but for people that don't know what they're doing it would help if you could add a highlight or chance colour of the selected option like when you want to include apps

ArK96

Jan 26, 2018
Bangalore, Karnataka
Hello,
Thanks to the developers behind opengapps and of course thanks to google for their support.
The builds on opengapps.org for 8.1 have been last updated on 1st of April, and AFAIK builds are updated on a daily basis.
So my question is, why has there not been any update since April 1st. Has it got something to do with the April security patch or the new Google's device certification method?
If anyone has any knowledge regarding the subject, kindly share it with us.

Kevanness

Nov 5, 2016
Nexus 6
Hello,
Thanks to the developers behind opengapps and of course thanks to google for their support.
The builds on opengapps.org for 8.1 have been last updated on 1st of April, and AFAIK builds are updated on a daily basis.
So my question is, why has there not been any update since April 1st. Has it got something to do with the April security patch or the new Google's device certification method?
If anyone has any knowledge regarding the subject, kindly share it with us.

Daily builds are still being built, just not for arm, if you look at arm64 you'll see the latest build as April 9th (yesterday). If you look at x86 (and x86_64) you'll see they haven't been built since March 26th. I don't know what's going on with either, I know arm used to be built daily before April 1st, not sure about x86. This is just something I noticed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20151219.zip:
    Code:
    Installation error in /sideload/package.zip
    (Status 255)
    Installation aborted.

So with that package actually the verification was OK again. But CM recovery has replaced their busybox with a still half-broken 'Toybox' that doesn't like our /usr/bin/ash line and demands /usr/bin/sh
    It is updated in the source and I have forced that a new ARM build will be created coming night, that should resolve this issue for you.
    I have just clean-installed the latest cm12.1 nightly (march 18th) for Moto-G (2015) on my device, followed by the latest 5.1 Aroma package.
    The installation went fine. No errors. After restarting my phone, I keep getting a notification of "com.google.process.gapps has stopped", and I can't really use my phone.
    I tried repeating the process, with and without wiping data/cache/dalvik/system, with and without reinstalling the ROM. Nothing seems to change.
    My log files are here and here.

I also see the following exception in my logcat:

Thank you for your help.
    Last night I added dex2oat experimental code that doesn't seem to work nice on all 5.x ROMs. I adjusted it to be 6.0+ only, so please try with tomorrow's build again, probably the problem will be gone. If you need to have it work now, you can use the this keyword: https://github.com/opengapps/openga...es-and-Options#skip-smart-pre-odexing-of-apks
    I use open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico and I have AOSP keyboard FC with gesture typing. This gapps don't have libjni_latinimegoogle.so.
    Are there plans to include a libjni_latinimegoogle.so in the gapps_pico?
    Yes this the plan, but we have to fix some lib-handling in the scripts per android version, which is not implemented yet.

Aroma 6.0 not working in cm 13 sultanxda rom. Pico works fine. Aroma freezes in "installing"
    Aroma GApps 5.1.1 is not working on my TWRP (osprey). Is this a problem specific to my phone or...?
    Aroma has known issues. We are dependent of the release of a new libaroma of the Aroma developer. We can't fix it ourselves unfortunately. Try to use the non-aroma packages instead.

Is there a reason why the Google Dialer has been removed from the Stock pacakge? I have a Nexus 6P and I'm not sure how to get it back.
    Google Dialer didn't work on most ROMs, we are still trying to figure out why with some other devs, but for now it is not in the package. If you wipe /system/, flash your ROM and then Open GApps you should be fine!

Okay, I know this most likely has been asked before. Is it possible to create a gapps package that installs all the gapps possible leaving necessary amount of space to /system partition for Android to operate and install the rest of the apps that didn't fit in the /system to /data partition?

Or is it possible to resize the /system partition of Nexus 5 to acommodate full stock gapps package? This is a bit iffier solution but eh.
    I just enjoy having a full gapps package that removes all the stock AOSP apps and CM apps that have their equivalent in gapps package. The picking and choosing what to install into /system and what not leaves me weird - now I have to go to play store and download the app and... Dunno.
    Nope, sorry this isn't easily possible. And we rather don't mess with the /data/ partition to prevent damaging any of the user's data. Try to pick a GApps version that matches the size of your system partition, and if you want to replace AOPS with CM apps you can use stock with a gapps-config file or aroma. Apps that don't fit on your system you can install via the Play Store on your data partition instead.

Please excuse me for this newbie question. Had downloaded the Aroma zip. I just want to install Google Backup Transport as I had installed all others through Gapps Installer.
    When I flash the zip through TWRP recovery, will there be options to choose ? I don't want to flash other google apks. I couldn't find the answer in the whole thread.
    No sorry, that isn't possible. You can't combine Open GApps with any other GApps. So make sure you don't have any GApps installed before flasing Open GApps.
    @MastahF @TKruzze @raulx222 @Rapper_skull @osm0sis
    Hi I use Android One device by google... In stock i was having FaceUnlock
    but after moving to CM i was not able to install it using ANY gapps packge

so i was looking for whats wrong
    And here is what i found

After skimming through update-binary and update-script of your and others' gapps packages i observed that it check for android.camera.harware.front.xml for front camera compatibility
    but some devices(like mine) have front camera compatibility mentioned in android.hardware.camera.xml

So even if there devices are compatible , they will be shown incompatible because of this checking method

Hope you improve it soon to fix this issue
    i'm attaching my phone's system/etc/permissions zip so that you can have a look at it
    Its from stock and they have mentioned front camera compatibility in android.hardware.camera.xml
    @MastahF @TKruzze @raulx222 @Rapper_skull @osm0sis
    Hi I use Android One device by google... In stock i was having FaceUnlock
    but after moving to CM i was not able to install it using ANY gapps packge

so i was looking for whats wrong
    And here is what i found

After skimming through update-binary and update-script of your and others' gapps packages i observed that it check for android.camera.harware.front.xml for front camera compatibility
    but some devices(like mine) have front camera compatibility mentioned in android.hardware.camera.xml

So even if there devices are compatible , they will be shown incompatible because of this checking method

Hope you improve it soon to fix this issue
    i'm attaching my phone's system/etc/permissions zip so that you can have a look at it
    Its from stock and they have mentioned front camera compatibility in android.hardware.camera.xml

Thank you for your input and research!

I fixed the code and am testing it now. If it works I will commit it and you'll be able to find it in tomorrow's nightly.