[Q] Totallay LOST.

Search This thread

Totalneewb

Jan 28, 2014
So hi there, i am going to give as much detail as possible so that hopefully someone can help me as i know NOTHING about rooting phones or any of the jargon. So please be patient.

SO...

Bought an HTC desire from gumtree here in the UK about 3 months ago not knowing it was a rooted phone, when the phone started it used to say RC MIX and i know it was on RUNNYMEDE, but i have bno idea which version.
Sadly the SD card has gone BUST leaving me with a hanging screen on the boot screeen (not the white HTC screen but the BEATS screen after the white screen)

SO after ALOT of googling i came across the RUNNYMEDE tutorial and download with had the stable and beta versions so i downloaded the stable version.
Heres where things got a bit funny for me.

After transferring the Runnymede ZIP file to the 4gb sd card and doing the doing the partion ext4 thing it will not allow me to install from zip as it does not find the ZIP file after doing the partition, although before doing the partion the ZIP file showed file in EXT4 recovery. SO me being me i just reformatted the sd card to FAT32, the put the ZIP file onto card and installed runnymede using the installer which al went well.
Then i Transferred the files from sd to PC, Partitioned the SD card and put the stuff BACK onto the SD card from PC.
Sadly none of this has worked for me and ia m at a total loss.

Bravo PVT3 SHIP S-off
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCHPANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.09.00.20

ANY help would be great and if any moreinfo is needed PLEASE just ask.

Thanks for your time

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Partitioning ur sdcard wipes it clean, thats why zip file aint there. So partition ur sdcard again, 1gb (1024) ext4 then copy the rom zip to sdcard, then go to wipe/format and press format all partitions except sdcsrd then flash the rom. Should boot fine then.

Totalneewb

Jan 28, 2014
Thanks for the answers. In the end i went to the top of this forum to troubleshooting and used the TUT and installed Cryro, which is now working great on the phone.

I just need one more teeny bit of help if possible.

Now my SD card is registering as DAMAGED, which its not lol and will not mount (it is fat32 formatted and has zip files for crya mod and runnymede, that is ALL) Can i just format the sd again? Will thephone still run or are there files needed for the phone to boot on the SD card?

I have NO android market app and need it soooooooo bad.. whats the quickest way to get it on there... cheers again.

:)

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Thanks for the answers. In the end i went to the top of this forum to troubleshooting and used the TUT and installed Cryro, which is now working great on the phone.

I just need one more teeny bit of help if possible.

Now my SD card is registering as DAMAGED, which its not lol and will not mount (it is fat32 formatted and has zip files for crya mod and runnymede, that is ALL) Can i just format the sd again? Will thephone still run or are there files needed for the phone to boot on the SD card?

I have NO android market app and need it soooooooo bad.. whats the quickest way to get it on there... cheers again.

:)

For runnymede rom u need to make a partition on ur sdcard for the rom to work, because of the size of the rom. So if uv anything on ur sdcard u want to keep then copy it to pc. Now we have to partition ur sdcard, so boot into recovery,

go to tools and choose partition sdcard,

then choose remove all partitions and start from scratch,

then choose 1024,

then press skip then skip again,

it will then ask to choose ext3 or ext4? Choose ext4.

When its finished go to main menu and choose

wipe/format then format all partitions except sdcard.

Once thats done, copy runnymede rom back to sdcard then install the rom and once thats done reboot. First boot will take up to 10 mins so dont pull battery after 5 haha. Theres a guide here on xda by abaaaabbb on how to partition sdcard if u get stuck but ul be fine if u just follow my instructions.

Totalneewb

Jan 28, 2014
For runnymede rom u need to make a partition on ur sdcard for the rom to work, because of the size of the rom. So if uv anything on ur sdcard u want to keep then copy it to pc. Now we have to partition ur sdcard, so boot into recovery,

go to tools and choose partition sdcard,

then choose remove all partitions and start from scratch,

then choose 1024,

then press skip then skip again,

it will then ask to choose ext3 or ext4? Choose ext4.

When its finished go to main menu and choose

wipe/format then format all partitions except sdcard.

Once thats done, copy runnymede rom back to sdcard then install the rom and once thats done reboot. First boot will take up to 10 mins so dont pull battery after 5 haha. Theres a guide here on xda by abaaaabbb on how to partition sdcard if u get stuck but ul be fine if u just follow my instructions.

Thanks but as i said i have given up on runnymede and installed cyanogenmod which is working great i can make calls and texts no worries now .
My only issues now are the ones i said above :)

Cheers for the help from a fellow scot lol (well you have the scottish flag)

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Thanks but as i said i have given up on runnymede and installed cyanogenmod which is working great i can make calls and texts no worries now .
My only issues now are the ones i said above :)

Cheers for the help from a fellow scot lol (well you have the scottish flag)

haha i am scottish, just living in ireland now. just so u know, if u plan on changing roms them ur probably gona have partition ur sdcard at some point.

Anyway.. so what do u want now? playstore? so with cyanogenmod roms u need to flash g'apps (google apps) in recovery. what cyanogenmod rom did u install?

Last edited: