Factory reset question...

Search This thread

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
I've wiped multiple times in twrp 2.6.3.3 and done it three four times before flashing a ROM through Odin again. I even went as far as doing an advanced wipe and wiped everything including the system. Buy my problem I'm having is I'm a little confused as to why when I flash a ROM with Odin, I keep getting the same wallpaper I had with that firmware. I didn't even have that wallpaper before I started this from stock. Its the p600ztubnb1_p600zztbnb1_home.tar.md5 file. Its like my tablet just remembers what wallpaper I had with that firmware. Even though I wiped everything. I even took my SD card out before wiping. Any ideas? Or am I a worry wart?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
Just trying to be to the point. yeah maybe Google is backing up and restoring it every time you reset I don't know just an option. Unless the recovery is not really resetting the tablet

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RussellEstridge25

aelaan

May 26, 2011
Guelph, Ontario
Just trying to be to the point. yeah maybe Google is backing up and restoring it every time you reset I don't know just an option. Unless the recovery is not really resetting the tablet

Is the OP using Samsung backup/restore services? That one saves the wallpaper for sure, I have been teaching myself to the point of softbricking the device how to recover, to bring it back to the same state I like it etc. So yes, sometimes online services might be giving you options that drive you betty. You can call me Al. :cool:

Reactions: RussellEstridge25

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Are you using a Samsung account? That will backup and restore your wallpaper automatically

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
Is the OP using Samsung backup/restore services? That one saves the wallpaper for sure, I have been teaching myself to the point of softbricking the device how to recover, to bring it back to the same state I like it etc. So yes, sometimes online services might be giving you options that drive you betty. You can call me Al. :cool:

I do but, not the restore part. And the last few times I've been skipping the Samsung login.

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch

I understand. Just wanted an explanation cause I don't get it. Maybe twrp isn't actually wiping I don't know

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
I know Google has the backup and restore setting and you'll see it checked when setting up your ROM on first run. A quick look on the net some people think it also backs up wallpaper. I've never had that happen but then I don't flash much anymore...

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
I know Google has the backup and restore setting and you'll see it checked when setting up your ROM on first run. A quick look on the net some people think it also backs up wallpaper. I've never had that happen but then I don't flash much anymore...

Yea I'm wondering if that's what it is... I'll have to test that theory

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.