[APP]DroidSheep : ARP-Spoofing App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

virus786

Feb 23, 2012
Cape Town

DroidSheep is an Android app for Security analysis in wireless networks and capturing facebook, twitter, linkedin and other accounts.

DroidSheep requires ROOT!

Please note:
DroidSheep was developed as a tool for testing the security of your accounts.
This software is neither made for using it in public networks, nor for hijacking any other persons account.
It should only demonstrate the poor security properties network connections without encryption have.
So do not get DroidSheep to harm anybody or use it in order to gain unauthorized access to any account you do not own! Use this software only for analyzing your own security!​

How does this work?
As already announced DroidsSheep supports almost every website – also “big” webservices like facebook and Yahoo.​

How does that work this simple?
There are many users that do not known that air is the transmission medium when using WiFi.
Therefore information is not only transfered to its receiver but also to any other party in the network within the range of the radio waves.

03_Wireless_network-1024x928.png

Usually nothing special happens because the WiFi users discard packets that are not destined to themselves.
DroidSheep does not do this. It reads all the packets looking at their contents.
Is a website sending a clear recognition feature within a message’s content, which can identify a user (“SessionID”), then DroidSheep is able to read it although it is not intended to external users.
Moreover DroidSheep can use this token to use it as its own.
The server can’t decide whether the authorized user or DroidSheep has sent the request.

04_Attack_attack021-1024x633.png

How can I protect myself?
The only satisfying answer is: SSL respectively HTTPS.
Many providers already offer HTTPS, even facebook, however it must often be enabled in the settings first.
When using HTTPS the data are still sent to alle participants in the WiFi-network, too, but because the data has been encrypted it is impossible for DroidSheep to decrypt the contect of a message - remaining only a complete mess of letters, with which an attacker can’t do anything.
The real problem is that not every website provides SSL. What to do when you are in a public network (hotel, airport, etc.), you also want to use this and the site does not offer HTTPS though?
You can use a VPN-connection
For this the computer sets up an encrypted channel to a confidential computer which again transfers the data to the website.​

Please note this is NOT my work I am simply sharing this and giving a direct link to the APK (it was removed from droidsheep.de because of German rules).

Source: http://droidsheep.de

Build 14: http://www.iuptech.com/public/SD/download/droidsheep-current.apk <-- Thanks mbirth for build 14 link.

Build 15: Attached to this post - compiled by mbirth <-- Thanks

All credit goes to Andreas Koch for this amazing app! - Thanks a million!

Attachments

• de.trier.infsec.koch.droidsheep-15.apk
    302.4 KB · Views: 370,805
Last edited:

innocence07

Feb 9, 2012
Lower Caloocan
not working xperia neo cant search for anything i leave it for about 10min still nothing i also done what youtube tells me to do still nothing im using my home router with password....

safeelhd2

Jan 12, 2010
Bradford
Ive just come accross this app and have downloaded, but Nobody tested this with ICS? thats surprising! lol
Will test it this eve and report tomorrow.

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
It works for me, but there's a mess with sessions. Probably you should consider mapping each session to each Wifi network and not showing old ones with new networks... Just a suggestion

Emaaans

May 28, 2012
Not working for me on Galaxy Note ICS... Do you think it's related to my conection? How should I change it?

EDIT i installed the v15 version and know it's perfect!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DroidSheep is an Android app for Security analysis in wireless networks and capturing facebook, twitter, linkedin and other accounts.

DroidSheep requires ROOT!

Please note:
    DroidSheep was developed as a tool for testing the security of your accounts.
    This software is neither made for using it in public networks, nor for hijacking any other persons account.
    It should only demonstrate the poor security properties network connections without encryption have.
    So do not get DroidSheep to harm anybody or use it in order to gain unauthorized access to any account you do not own! Use this software only for analyzing your own security!​

How does this work?
    As already announced DroidsSheep supports almost every website – also “big” webservices like facebook and Yahoo.​

How does that work this simple?
    There are many users that do not known that air is the transmission medium when using WiFi.
    Therefore information is not only transfered to its receiver but also to any other party in the network within the range of the radio waves.

03_Wireless_network-1024x928.png

Usually nothing special happens because the WiFi users discard packets that are not destined to themselves.
    DroidSheep does not do this. It reads all the packets looking at their contents.
    Is a website sending a clear recognition feature within a message’s content, which can identify a user (“SessionID”), then DroidSheep is able to read it although it is not intended to external users.
    Moreover DroidSheep can use this token to use it as its own.
    The server can’t decide whether the authorized user or DroidSheep has sent the request.

04_Attack_attack021-1024x633.png

How can I protect myself?
    The only satisfying answer is: SSL respectively HTTPS.
    Many providers already offer HTTPS, even facebook, however it must often be enabled in the settings first.
    When using HTTPS the data are still sent to alle participants in the WiFi-network, too, but because the data has been encrypted it is impossible for DroidSheep to decrypt the contect of a message - remaining only a complete mess of letters, with which an attacker can’t do anything.
    The real problem is that not every website provides SSL. What to do when you are in a public network (hotel, airport, etc.), you also want to use this and the site does not offer HTTPS though?
    You can use a VPN-connection
    For this the computer sets up an encrypted channel to a confidential computer which again transfers the data to the website.​

Please note this is NOT my work I am simply sharing this and giving a direct link to the APK (it was removed from droidsheep.de because of German rules).

Source: http://droidsheep.de

Build 14: http://www.iuptech.com/public/SD/download/droidsheep-current.apk <-- Thanks mbirth for build 14 link.

Build 15: Attached to this post - compiled by mbirth <-- Thanks

All credit goes to Andreas Koch for this amazing app! - Thanks a million!
    The v15 is in the official SVN: https://code.google.com/p/droidshee...idsheep/DroidSheep_public/AndroidManifest.xml

And since there's no official APK, you have to compile it yourself. Thus the different signature.

Attached is v15 compiled by myself.
    FFS people its not a virus
    Google the thing and read the authors web site. You think XDA would leave this thread up if it was a virus.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium
    There's build 14: http://www.iuptech.com/public/SD/download/droidsheep-current.apk

Build 15 is nowhere to be found for now…