[All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions

Search This thread

TeamERA

Nov 2, 2011
Everywhere
You have the correct framework resources installed?

Ah I forgot to load the framework file, good call man...

And you know whats funny, is Ive found the name/location of this file the hard way, and Ive been told twice before. Either the files are just really wacky this time around, or that file name/location is a curse for me :(. Ive seen it be a single dot.9 patch fill file (really small), and Ive seen it be a bigger image, and Im still looking. But my eyes are killing me now.

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
Ah I forgot to load the framework file, good call man...

And you know whats funny, is Ive found the name/location of this file the hard way, and Ive been told twice before. Either the files are just really wacky this time around, or that file name/location is a curse for me :(. Ive seen it be a single dot.9 patch fill file (really small), and Ive seen it be a bigger image, and Im still looking. But my eyes are killing me now.

I remember you saying something about that a few months ago on the ET4G. I looked but couldn't find anything that looked like it might be it, more importantly I didn't find anything in the xml files that would point to that.

If you haven't seen it go back to my last post on page 2. That is what I found in the xml files.

TeamERA

Nov 2, 2011
Everywhere
Yeah, well if I remember right it was always a file, not an xml edit. The hard way was to add diff color dots to each black image I came across in drawable-hdpi on the et4g, now xhdpi, but that took forever. I may have to do the same thing. But ill ask around first, maybe tomorrow. Im about to be gettin down for the fourth ;) At home this year, but still fun. So I wont post in anyones theme thread just yet, since Id rather people have fun today :)

Edit, and the thread your thinking of was for the actually notification box, like when you get a text message. But I have had several of those threads also. The one where you helped was an xml edit because it was for cm9 I think.

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Just the thread I was looking for...

Haven't done a whole lot of ICS themeing (GB use to be so much easier), and especially not with TouchWiz. Anyway, I have the following questions in reference to the screen shot below. Most of these changes, if not all, I believe are in the SystemUI. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1) How the hell do you get rid of the carrier ID? Also, if I wanted to move it to where the date currently is in the notification menu, how would this be accomplished?

2) How do I change the quick menu toggle color? Is it a hexcode or a png... haven't been able to find it anywhere? Maybe in the framework-res?

3) For future's sake & reference which xml is this color at (the background for the toggles)?

4) How do I right align the date by the settings button?

5) Text color location for this?

6) Background Color for this?

71689693.png

F.Y.I. This apk manager works perfect for decompiling and recompiling the systemui and framework-res, for the SGS3. Don't forget to install your framework-res first.
http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=30

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
Ok, I guess it's time for me to dig in. I'll start working on xml's tonight.

2 is tw_quick_panel_off.9.png & tw_quick_panel_on.9.png

Bizdady

Jul 24, 2010
Just the thread I was looking for...

Haven't done a whole lot of ICS themeing (GB use to be so much easier), and especially not with TouchWiz. Anyway, I have the following questions in reference to the screen shot below. Most of these changes, if not all, I believe are in the SystemUI. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1) How the hell do you get rid of the carrier ID? Also, if I wanted to move it to where the date currently is in the notification menu, how would this be accomplished?

2) How do I change the quick menu toggle color? Is it a hexcode or a png... haven't been able to find it anywhere? Maybe in the framework-res?

3) For future's sake & reference which xml is this color at (the background for the toggles)?

4) How do I right align the date by the settings button?

5) Text color location for this?

6) Background Color for this?

71689693.png

F.Y.I. This apk manager works perfect for decompiling and recompiling the systemui and framework-res, for the SGS3. Don't forget to install your framework-res first.
http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=30

I believe 2 and 6 are png files. 3 for sure is a very small .9 dot image

#2 i think is tw_quick_panel_on.9.png

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2010
How do I de-compile any of the touchwiz apk's.
ApkManager doesn't work anymore.
Is there anything else fairly simple that we could use to de-compile?

EDIT: saw the post above with the link to the new apkmanager.
thanks.
will give that a try.

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
@TeamERA:

Found it, and it is an xml. tw_status_bar_tracking.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView android:orientation="vertical" android:paddingLeft="0.0px" android:paddingRight="0.0px" android:paddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <FrameLayout [COLOR="Red"]android:background="#ff000000"[/COLOR] android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/close" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_status_bar_close_on" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView>
I changed it to #88000000 and it became semi-transparent.

@Swiftks: We don't have the carrier in the status bar on the Sprint version. It's in the location where you want it on yours, same with the date.

Bizdady

Jul 24, 2010
nicely done shane! Can't wait to try it out lol

TeamERA

Nov 2, 2011
Everywhere
@TeamERA:

Found it, and it is an xml. tw_status_bar_tracking.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView android:orientation="vertical" android:paddingLeft="0.0px" android:paddingRight="0.0px" android:paddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <FrameLayout [COLOR="Red"]android:background="#ff000000"[/COLOR] android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/close" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_status_bar_close_on" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView>
I changed it to #88000000 and it became semi-transparent.

@Swiftks: We don't have the carrier in the status bar on the Sprint version. It's in the location where you want it on yours, same with the date.

So whats the color code for 95% transparent?

Edit: actually, Im thinking gimp, what I mean to say is adding 5% transparency.

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
So whats the color code for 95% transparent?

Edit: actually, Im thinking gimp, what I mean to say is adding 5% transparency.
#F2000000 would be very close.

Think I might have found the location of the carrier id label for those that have it on the status bar.

tw_status_bar.xml
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/carrierLabel" android:background="#ff000000" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:paddingRight="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Could anyone help me on how to revert a transparent status bar (not pull down) back to being 100% non transparent?

Also could anyone tell me what to edit to change the order for which the toggles appear?

"All this knowledge is giving me a raging brainer!"

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
Could anyone help me on how to revert a transparent status bar (not pull down) back to being 100% non transparent?

Also could anyone tell me what to edit to change the order for which the toggles appear?

Why is the status bar not transparent? So far I've found 2 places where you can change the status bar back ground. One is the drawables.xml and the other is in the tw_status_bar.xml.

The toggles is smali. If you would want to tackle that sbrissen or Maddoggin is who I would ask, but you had better have some java and smali experience before even asking them about this.

Bizdady

Jul 24, 2010

Off top of my head you need to change the color in drawables xml back to black and change the status bar smali back to const 0x4 (transparent line is -0x3).

Ok in StatusBar.smali
Code:
const/16 v16, -0x3
needs to be changed back to
Code:
const/16 v16, 0x4

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

So got it to stick, went with 50% but it looks a little funny lol

Screenshot_2012-07-04-23-12-07.png

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
Off top of my head you need to change the color in drawables xml back to black and change the status bar smali back to const 0x4 (transparent line is -0x3).

Ok in StatusBar.smali
Code:
const/16 v16, -0x3
needs to be changed back to
Code:
const/16 v16, 0x4

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

So got it to stick, went with 50% but it looks a little funny lol

Screenshot_2012-07-04-23-12-07.png

Did you have to adjust the status bar smali or were you able to do it with an alpha adjustment in the drawables.xml?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the carriers were split up and the most posts in the original thread came from the AT&T themers, I think we should make that the main thread.
    [All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions
    Please post in the thread linked above so we can keep all the info in one thread.

Since themeing Samsung's TouchWiz UI is not quite as simple as AOSP, and sometimes even device specific, I thought it would be nice to have thread for the themers here to help each other, post tips and things like that so we can all learn and get some killer themes going on this thing.

Also, (if this gets becomes a sticky) we can keep the themeing question threads to a minimum.

For those of you that don't know me, I've been themeing Android for about a year and a half now. I started on the Epic 4G then moved over to the Nexus S 4G. I'm always willing to help others at time permits.

Happy Themeing!

Since the US carriers were combined into one forum, please note the carrier for you device when posting.

When people are helping you make sure you use the "Thanks" button to show your appreciation!

Here are some goodies that have been posted so far.

Remove Carrier ID from status bar on AT&T rom: Thanks to mrvirginia & deserted1 Here

Guide to remove Carrier ID / Clock from the status bar by deserted1

How to center the clock by Swiftks

Some more status bar mods thanks to freeza

There are many other tips, hints, how to's, and tools in the thread so please search to help keep the thread clean.
    Hmm. The only images I see on the ROM from there are the toggles. I also changed the extended power menu icons at framework-res, but I haven't had any luck finding how to edit the background color of the menus. I've been told it is in res/values/styles.xml but I don't know which line(s) to edit. There are more than 2000 lines in there.

I was told it's the popup dark pngs in framework res drawable xhdpi. :D

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY
    Thanks, I'll check once more.

Popup dark top, middle, and bottom. There's 3.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY
    Can someone explain why I cant decompile any 4.2 systemui's? I am using apk multitool. I can decompile and recompile framework-res all day long but systemui's always error out saying that the file can not be found? Any help would be appreciated.

You probably need to add the latest APKTOOL to your system path. There should be three files you can add there.
    does anyone know what controls the color of the text in the header titles that are blocked off so i can change the hex to transparent.
    I'm thinking SecContacts.apk res/values/colors.xml but not sure which one, if anyone could help out it would be much appreciated,

device20130330004403.png
    In the layout folder, open actionbar_custom_tab.xml

There is a text view line...add

android:visibility="gone"

to that line and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317