6.7.242 ics

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
A new build has leaked. Same security as 235/238 so no ability to fxz to 905 if you install it. Confirmed that it's still rootable. I've added a support file to my house of Bionic for it but don't recommend installing it if you're 232 or lower. I'm hoping this means soak within 3 weeks. We shall see.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

zoompastu

Nov 24, 2011
Portland, OR
GRRR... These new leaks come out and I can't enjoy them. Its like watching all the other kids get ice cream except me. Haha.. no pun intended. I hope the soak test has started cause I'm tired of waiting and sitting on .232. Oh well, still better then being on .905

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
I am just curious if there is any noticeable difference from any of the earlier builds in 242. Hopefully this will be the official OTA and we can start looking forward to Jelly Bean leaks.....

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
That literally made me LOL. :) I didn't have any issues myself with any of the 235/238 leaks but I do know of at least one bug in smart actions that they hopefully fixed. I haven't had a chance to test it myself. Supposedly the big reason this build was done was for flash but someone was reporting issues with that already. I just pray it's OTA so we can get a new FXZ.

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
Personally I am still on 232 and will be here till the official update hits. Overall it works very well but every now and then it slows to almost a grinding halt for a few seconds. I've also had other random bugs such as media audio failing to work and Chrome hanging when its first opened if I try to scroll down a site too early.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Yes. It won't start over Labor Day weekend. I'm hearing rumors that they may fast track this thing though and soak as early as next weekend. I have my doubts. I'm figuring 2-3 weeks out at the earliest. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong on that....in the positive not negative side of that equation. :D

dylanear

Mar 10, 2011
Just darn happy to see anything new trickle out. Has been darn quiet lately.

Any sign that a soak might be close is welcome!

Epsinyan

Jul 1, 2012
House of Bionic

A new build has leaked. Same security as 235/238 so no ability to fxz to 905 if you install it. Confirmed that it's still rootable. I've added a support file to my house of Bionic for it but don't recommend installing it if you're 232 or lower. I'm hoping this means soak within 3 weeks. We shall see.

Is it possible that you could add a new mirror for House of Bionic, the four that I've found have all died by now.
Appreciate it.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Reactions: Epsinyan

geekabilly

Jul 18, 2009
Personally I am still on 232 and will be here till the official update hits. Overall it works very well but every now and then it slows to almost a grinding halt for a few seconds. I've also had other random bugs such as media audio failing to work and Chrome hanging when its first opened if I try to scroll down a site too early.

I am sticking with 232 as well & see those exact same symptoms -- and even with them, it's the best the phone has been since launch.

Reactions: xtramoney

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Those that stuck with 232 are pretty smart to do so. Best of both worlds. You get to play with ics while waiting for the ota. And when that comes out you have more choices. Either fxz back to 905 and start clean with the ota or those that don't want to lose data and apps can come see me in the house of Bionic and will be able to move forward from 232 without data loss. Gotta love options!

Reactions: TnTitan86

feyWANG

Nov 25, 2011
not knowing the changelog, what is really fixed or updated or added, of new leak roms is the only thing bothers me

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
242 fixes all the known bugs from 238 that we've seen. I don't remember them all but there's a smart action bug if creating a rule using location that was fixed. Supposedly flash will work better now. And there was one more that I can't think of off the top of my head. So far I don't believe any new bugs have been found.

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
Sorry if this is a newb question but im reading about this leak everywhere and can't find it anywhere. Please help. I'm on .235 and would like 242

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

SonicJoe

Dec 25, 2011
Some 242 testing:

Flash is much improved, with one caveat. If you used HoB and kept data, uninstall and reinstall flash. It is still available to download from the market, if you go via adobe's site on the web. Also, go into the Flash Settings and clear local content.

If we get word that this is the official ota, I will probably wipe data and start fresh any way.

Motocast says this device is unsupported (had the same issue on 238).

Top Liked Posts