Help can't put rom on phone in TWRP, cant boot

Search This thread

KiLLa007

Jul 30, 2010
Hello I was going to flash a rom from stock firmware with TWRP recovery installed when I accidentally wiped the system partition as well so there is now no rom on the internal storage and i cannot boot back into the normal firmware cause it just hangs at the LG logo on startup. I tried a USB OTG device in TWRP but it is not being detected and I don't know how to use the phone in mass storage mode inside TWRP. :crying:

Help would be much appreciated!

KapteinKing

Nov 14, 2010
Arendal
Have you tried adb sideload? I did the same, wiped everything, system and internal , bacups and all. I managed to sideload a flashable rom, flashed it and managed to boot up. So: ADB Sideload through twrp is your answer.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KiLLa007

Jul 30, 2010
Have you tried adb sideload? I did the same, wiped everything, system and internal , bacups and all. I managed to sideload a flashable rom, flashed it and managed to boot up. So: ADB Sideload through twrp is your answer.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Was about to try sideload but then just used the flashtool and went back to stock. Thanks anyway!

atticustcx

Aug 10, 2012
Was about to try sideload but then just used the flashtool and went back to stock. Thanks anyway!

I'm stuck with the same problem didn't make a back up. I have a ROM but it won't flash because of 12B OTA on G2. So i'm stuck on twrp. Can you send me a link to get flashtool? What else do I need beside flashtool to go back to stock? Thank you

B

bachera

its not system thats the problem, you wiped internal..
adb push the rom to internal. many accurate how to do that with search. dont know top of head

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
Well if you do end up fixing it upgrade to TWRP 2.6.3.4 because it has OTG support! :p

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

simonsez2die

Feb 21, 2012
I'm in the same boat here except I've already tried adb sideload with twrp 2.6.3.3 and it returns an error "cannot read rom.zip" I've tried 3 different zips, many combinations of renaming the zip files. My machine is set to always show file extensions. I've also tried both ways of trying to flash back to stock in download mode. One of them just hangs at BIN CRC check the other will get to 49% and error out. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

geosnipe

Mar 7, 2011
RVA
files and carrier

I'm in the same boat here except I've already tried adb sideload with twrp 2.6.3.3 and it returns an error "cannot read rom.zip" I've tried 3 different zips, many combinations of renaming the zip files. My machine is set to always show file extensions. I've also tried both ways of trying to flash back to stock in download mode. One of them just hangs at BIN CRC check the other will get to 49% and error out. Any suggestions?

what carrier and flies are you using? What com port is your G2 using? Have you tried using the LG mobile support tool?

I have tried but cant brick this phone, so many ways to communicate :)

simonsez2die

Feb 21, 2012
what carrier and flies are you using? What com port is your G2 using? Have you tried using the LG mobile support tool?

I have tried but cant brick this phone, so many ways to communicate :)

VS980 Verizon. I've tried Lg flashtool with "LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll"

and VS98010B_13.tot. on com port 41. This one hangs at BIN CRC Check for hours. Won't go any further. I've also tried the uptest method found here in the forums with the files that are in the OP. It gets to 49% and stops and tells me to retry. When I retry it will always stop at 49%\
I can get into download mode and TWRP .While in TWRP, adb recognizes my device and shows recovery next to it. When I go to adb sideload and type adb devices again it will show that I'm in sideload mode but no files will transfer. It just returns error cannot read filename.extension. I've to sideload all kinds of files with different extension types and it always returns the same thing.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I just remembered that I had a backup made from a week or 2 ago when I was using cwm recovery. Which isnt recognized in twrp. I didn't loose all of my sdcard content with all this. I was just a moron and forgot to make a twrp backup before wiping my system. And the only rom I have on my sdcard aborts about halfway through.

simonsez2die

Feb 21, 2012
Ok...so I was able to adb push a file to my sdcard using "adb push filename.zip /sdcard/filename.zip. It returned the size and time it took to transfer. But adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/ROM.zip gives me nothing and seems as tho it may have froze up the command prompt. GRR!

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Got it...thanks anyway.

geosnipe

Mar 7, 2011
RVA
VS980 Verizon. I've tried Lg flashtool with "LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll"

and VS98010B_13.tot. on com port 41. This one hangs at BIN CRC Check for hours. Won't go any further. I've also tried the uptest method found here in the forums with the files that are in the OP. It gets to 49% and stops and tells me to retry. When I retry it will always stop at 49%\
I can get into download mode and TWRP .While in TWRP, adb recognizes my device and shows recovery next to it. When I go to adb sideload and type adb devices again it will show that I'm in sideload mode but no files will transfer. It just returns error cannot read filename.extension. I've to sideload all kinds of files with different extension types and it always returns the same thing.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I just remembered that I had a backup made from a week or 2 ago when I was using cwm recovery. Which isnt recognized in twrp. I didn't loose all of my sdcard content with all this. I was just a moron and forgot to make a twrp backup before wiping my system. And the only rom I have on my sdcard aborts about halfway through.

The LG Flash Tool and Mobile Support Tool are 2 different utilities for the phone.

Glad to hear you are back up and running!

simonsez2die

Feb 21, 2012
The LG Flash Tool and Mobile Support Tool are 2 different utilities for the phone.

I actually tried both utilities but both resulted in error. I ended up getting it with "adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/ROM.zip" . It took a really long time, I ended up just trying one last time and left it alone for about 10 mins. When I came back to it, it showed the size of file and time it took to push. I figured I'd post all of this on the off chance it may help someone who has a Custom recovery but no backup or Rom zips to flash on the device.

pablomoca

Aug 5, 2011
Los Angeles
I actually tried both utilities but both resulted in error. I ended up getting it with "adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/ROM.zip" . It took a really long time, I ended up just trying one last time and left it alone for about 10 mins. When I came back to it, it showed the size of file and time it took to push. I figured I'd post all of this on the off chance it may help someone who has a Custom recovery but no backup or Rom zips to flash on the device.

Man you are a life saver. Thanks for coming back and posting your solution for this problem. I had the exact same issue and after hours of trying to install different "rom.zip" files with the same "cannot read rom.zip" error, this finally worked.

I cannot stress enough, how helpful it is when someone like you finds an answer to a problem and takes the time to come back and post the solution.

Thanks again!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.