[Q&A][Evita] AICP

Search This thread

taomun

Jan 5, 2010
Hello.

I need some advice as to what could be the issue with my AICP ROM install.

I just performed a clean install and upon initial set-up I'm getting the following repeat error message as I go though the set-up process.

"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

Like mentioned above this is a clean install. I'm running s-off with hboot 2.14, flashed with the nodded twrp 2.6.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Hello.

I need some advice as to what could be the issue with my AICP ROM install.

I just performed a clean install and upon initial set-up I'm getting the following repeat error message as I go though the set-up process.

"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

Like mentioned above this is a clean install. I'm running s-off with hboot 2.14, flashed with the nodded twrp 2.6.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try an RUU. I had those issues, and they were solved via RUU

taomun

Jan 5, 2010
Run the 5.18 RUU to get your H-boot to 2.18 After going up to h-boot 2.18 i have no more of those issues.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

OK...

I just re-ran the 3.18 RUU and the problem persisted. If I run the 5.18 RUU to get to hboot 2.18 does this offer any other limitations like not being able to downgrade back down if I want to or any thing else?

Also would you be able to point me to the 5.18 RUU file?

taomun

Jan 5, 2010
Run the 5.18 RUU to get your H-boot to 2.18 After going up to h-boot 2.18 i have no more of those issues.

Just ran the 5.18 RUU and I'm having the same issue. The message keeps popping up over and over again? Any clue what else it could possibly be?

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Just ran the 5.18 RUU and I'm having the same issue. The message keeps popping up over and over again? Any clue what else it could possibly be?

Could it possibly be the GAPPs package, I'm using the PA Mini-Modular Package...

53l3c7a

Nov 13, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Normally I would say yes, that sounds Gapps-related.... Except that I'm running the same ROM and PA Gapps.

Try re-downloading Gapps - it looks like the posted a 20140321a version, so perhaps an error was addressed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (Flo) running AICP 3.0 and ElementalX 2.6.

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I've noticed 0321a version is coming into errors as well. Flash 0321

taomun

Jan 5, 2010
I've noticed 0321a version is coming into errors as well. Flash 0321

So is 0321 or 0321a the one with errors?

I just checked and the version I installed was 0316. So updating to one of those two may solve my issue? Just curious if the 0321a was the one put out with a bugfix of some sort...

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Idk honestly ..but I downloaded the 0321a and I kept getting issues..so I kept 0321

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
it says that it is an evita and yours is endavoru

Now i have downloaded the CM11 Nightly endavoru but still installation aborted (some change not done something like that) and Phone stuck in CWM Recovery mode
Help

Well dude, there's 2 things wrong here

1) you didn't even give any info to help us help you

2) you're in the wrong forum. Your phone is the One X international (endeavoru). This is the One XL (Evita)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    be patient. its not like OP has to update this...he brought the ROM in his free time, and maintains it in his free time too

at any rate, never ask for ETA's

@Scozzar @pandasa123 @chris906 I will have update coming soon. I will have three versions. Such as AICP 2 , AICP2.5 <-- next version , AICP3. AICP versions with the .5s will be only for this rom other AICP rom maintainers wont release .5 versions but I will to update its base source codes. Updating it like this should fix some errors.

I have been busy with my school work but I also erased my last OS and am setting upa VM and dedicating 500gbs to it along with 4 or more gbs of ram. I have 16 gbs of ram and can allocate ram b/w pc and virtual machine depending on what Im doing. Im doing it like this so I have more storage space available.

I will be releasing AICP 2.5 this weekend or earlier as soon as my virtual machine is all set up. >.- My other rom will also be updated at the same time. Im doing it like this because now I can play games like BF4, AC4, Titanfall at the same time as building roms and coding. Couldnt do it at same time w/out vm so no Im more motivated. Just setting up build enviroment. Then going to set up workspaces for 6 roms im maintaining and finish 2 eng111 essays. :D Thats why Ive been busy.

@nicolahaye this only works on devices with navbars already. Ill ask about getting an option to enable one.

Uh oh....you're in trouble.. Lol

@oranget sorry just have been extremely busy and setting up a build enviroment on vm for more space for school and other stuff. updates for all roms I maintain will be coming soon
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

AICP
    http://i.imgur.com/9wtSOkh.jpg
    For the HTC One XL

Click link here>> [ROM][Evita][Official] AICP - 2.0 - KK <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP.

z7e6jQa.jpg
    Are your active notifications turned on? If so, turn them off, see if they go away.

That was it. Actually, there's a setting for lockscreen notifications that I turned off. Still can get active notifications, but no more of the other. Thanks!

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    OK. Force closes on messaging.

Well report to the team thanks for letting us know!
    @chrisb906 try wiping cache and data off sms app? then reboot see what happens might work. If not full wipe or try third part sms app like google hangouts as main sms app or Textra.
    @cbasse + @oranget thanks for help each other to solve each others problems! If anyone finds bugs please do @Techinstein or if major bug pm me or also the bug option on top of tab section!

Glad its super stable for you guys! Is on my testing device. A little birdie told me an update is coming. >.- Making AICP for a legacy xperia device also official. Now going to be managing at least 6 roms! :p Thank others and me included if we help you in any way!
    What happened? This place just died?

In only guesting but it looks like development has ended for this ROM, there's been no activity for nearly a month now. It's a real shame because this is an excellent ROM, easily one of the best we've had for the Evita.

Sent from my Evita