[APP] YouTube (by Lazyworm) -[R]- 8 NOV 2010 -[U]- 30 APRIL 2011 -[V]- 2.2

Search This thread
Feature packed, beautifully designed, ad free YouTube app that won't cost you a penny. A must have if you want to watch YouTube videos on your windows phone 7.

Version 2.2

attachment.php

attachment.php

New features
- Lazylist (customizable video feed)
- Author details and subscription
- Regional settings
- Recently played videos (history)

Improvements
- Subtle interface animations
- Selectable description text (Nodo only)
- Preview playback while browsing comments & author
- Usability improvements
- Bug fixes

Full feature list
- HQ video streaming over 3G
- YouTube "like" and "dislike" support
- Custom video player with seek, rotate lock & mute
- Zune hub integration
- Subscriptions, favourites and commenting support
- Advanced video search and filtering
- Video sharing via facebook, twitter, SMS and email
- Author details & subscription
- Regional settings
- Recently played videos (history feed)
- Customizable navigation
- Low quality streaming option
- Sleek ‘Metro’ style interface

DOWNLOAD via Zune

Comments, suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated as we are always looking to improve the app!

youtube1949.png

For further info please visit www.lazywormapps.com

Attachments

• 1-Featured.jpg
    1-Featured.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 2-CategoryFilters.jpg
    2-CategoryFilters.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 4-LazylistSettings.jpg
    4-LazylistSettings.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 8-GeneralSettings.jpg
    8-GeneralSettings.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 7-HQVideoPlayer.jpg
    7-HQVideoPlayer.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,303
  • NewFeatures.jpg
    NewFeatures.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,029
Last edited:

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
I prefered the LazyTube tile with the youtube colors rather than the theme color. Too many developers do that, it get boring having a whole main page made of the same color.
As for features, I just love the app.

Sent from my Omnia 7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

I prefered the LazyTube tile with the youtube colors rather than the theme color. Too many developers do that, it get boring having a whole main page made of the same color.

Glad you like the app! Will try and do something about the tile but we've had quite a bit of positive feedback from the introduction of the latest one/

Reactions: Cumi

Cumi

Jun 6, 2008
The apps itself is great (thx for ad free version). I am living in marketplace unsupported country. Once there will be a possibility for buying the app in my country so I will buy it.

Thank you for good work.

dkp1977

Oct 6, 2009
Stolberg
www.opinion-control.de
Glad you like the app! Will try and do something about the tile but we've had quite a bit of positive feedback from the introduction of the latest one/

Now don't you dare to change that tile again! :p Honestly, it's great. It's just that small area around the word "tube" that adepts the style color. It fits perfectly into the homescreen. I like it exactly the way it is. :)

The apps itself is great (thx for ad free version). I am living in marketplace unsupported country. Once there will be a possibility for buying the app in my country so I will buy it.

Thank you for good work.

Thanks for your support, we HATE useless ads cluttering our interface and will try and avoid them for as long as we possibly can!

Now don't you dare to change that tile again! :p Honestly, it's great. It's just that small area around the word "tube" that adepts the style color. It fits perfectly into the homescreen. I like it exactly the way it is. :)

Yeh, we are really quite happy with how the tile is now and at the end of the day it's nearly impossible to please everyone but we'll continue doing our best.

RoboDad

Mar 6, 2008
Boise, ID
That's odd. The tile icon on my copy (v 2.2) doesn't change at all. It looks exactly like the icon in the OP. Maybe I need to uninstall/reinstall?

[Edit] Never mind. I just figured out that the complaint was about the Lazy Tube icon, not the free version.

Last edited:

lawender

Mar 5, 2008
I need to say that I like your app so much. And I am also in the country which cannot buy the app. But if I can in near future, I will buy it for sure.

Just another shallow comment. Would you mind to re-design your application logo?

wetplums

Apr 22, 2010
good app

good app. using it from Decembre010,
bout Design:

Make Theme Switcher,Simply,
whanna exlusive - make Wormy Theme , like u scrolling down worm body
anyway I'm Designer , PM me if u whanna somthn Fresh Looking.

Last edited:

wud_e

Mar 8, 2008
good app. using it from Decembre010,
bout Design:

Make Theme Switcher,Simply,
whanna exlusive - make Wormy Theme , like u scrolling down worm body
anyway I'm Designer , PM me if u whanna somthn Fresh Looking.

If you make a theme scrolling down Wormy's body please make that just an add-in skin. That would be Ugly IMO. Sorry.

I have a Question about the Lazylist. You say it's customizeable but how? Also can I make a suggestion? How about a way to make playlist on Youtube(Desktop) that can be imported to your fine App? :)

Last edited:

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Hi,

Is there something you could do to improve the Favorites please?

Certain videos do not appear in the said list. The mobile phone restriction shall not apply to smartphones.

HTC YouTube and SuperTube apps give me access to these videos.

I need to say that I like your app so much. And I am also in the country which cannot buy the app. But if I can in near future, I will buy it for sure.

Just another shallow comment. Would you mind to re-design your application logo?

Hi, we will constantly be looking to improve our brand image so yes the logo will no doubt change over time. We are currently focusing on some new and exciting functionality so it may be a little bit before we have the time to address the logo but we'll definitely consider it.

If you make a theme scrolling down Wormy's body please make that just an add-in skin. That would be Ugly IMO. Sorry.

I have a Question about the Lazylist. You say it's customizeable but how? Also can I make a suggestion? How about a way to make playlist on Youtube(Desktop) that can be imported to your fine App? :)

Yeh, we've had a very mixed reaction to our beloved lazy worm and it seems like it's very much love/hate. I think for the mean time we'll probably focus on providing an amazing experience rather than skinning the app.

The content displayed within the Lazylist can be selected from within the 'Lazylist' settings screen. So it will populate video content from your preferred feeds and mash them into one list.

We will also definitely consider playlist support for future updates.

Hi,

Certain videos do not appear in the said list. The mobile phone restriction shall not apply to smartphones.

Could you please send us an email (support@lazywormapps[DOT]com) with the exact list of videos that are not displaying. We will do our best to get to the bottom of it, if HTC displays them I'm assuming perhaps it is a bug from our end.

Thanks for the fantastic feedback guys!

By the way, expect a little update to be out soon. Although it's a minor update that addresses some pretty nasty bugs we've found we also added in a few features we think you will like :).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sholokov

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Could you please send us an email (support@lazywormapps[DOT]com) with the exact list of videos that are not displaying. We will do our best to get to the bottom of it, if HTC displays them I'm assuming perhaps it is a bug from our end.

These videos are indicated on the website as "cannot be played on mobile phones".

But in my opinion we are not concerned, they are talking about formats that shall not be played on basic phones. Not smartphones. If SuperTube can play them LazyTube shall play them too, seriously. You are limiting your app too much.

Regarding the current LazyTube logo, I shall admit that I do not like it too much. I really did not like the Worm, but the new one is a bit boring. Especially the name "LazyTube" is not very positive. Hard to like somehing that is "Lazy" :(

Why not a real Metro icon, I mean totally the color of the theme, and just the name in transparency? Anyway, I am sure we can do better.

I am a terrible designer, but why not this spirit (just an humble suggestion):

profil10.png

Last edited:

Sholokov

Dec 28, 2007
Love the app

I have been using this app since I got my Focus over a month ago. I love it and am waiting anxiously on what new features are in the works. Any hints ;)

These videos are indicated on the website as "cannot be played on mobile phones".

But in my opinion we are not concerned, they are talking about formats that shall not be played on basic phones. Not smartphones. If SuperTube can play them LazyTube shall play them too, seriously. You are limiting your app too much.

We will investigate it further, as I said before we're just trying to be cautious. You mentioned that the HTC app displays them? Can you confirm this, like I said we'd be interested in knowing exactly which videos are not being displayed so we can look into it properly.

Regarding the current LazyTube logo, I shall admit that I do not like it too much. I really did not like the Worm, but the new one is a bit boring. Especially the name "LazyTube" is not very positive. Hard to like somehing that is "Lazy" :(

Why not a real Metro icon, I mean totally the color of the theme, and just the name in transparency? Anyway, I am sure we can do better.

I am a terrible designer, but why not this spirit (just an humble suggestion):

profil10.png

Our name and brand is not something that we can change at this stage, admittedly perhaps we went a little too far with the 'light hearted' approach but we wanted to have a little fun with it.

We are a two geeks who like to work through the night and often find ourselves sleeping in so 'lazyworm apps' was kind of a way of making fun of ourselves.

We were hoping people would not take the "lazy" too seriously and see it for what it is, a light hearted way of distinguishing our brand from the rest.

We have had mixed reactions to it and so far people either love it or hate it... so at least we are not 'mediocre' :D

Finally, the icon has been a really tough one as nearly every revision has a similar reaction to that of our brand. Either love or hate, we will no doubt work very hard to improve our brand but as I mentioned we will be focusing on streamlining the app and adding in new features at this stage.

I have been using this app since I got my Focus over a month ago. I love it and am waiting anxiously on what new features are in the works. Any hints ;)

Glad you like it!

Sorry, super secret at this stage ;)

X_Splinter

May 21, 2010
Can I get this app from my phone. Since I am on Linux (which doesn't have a Zune)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Feature packed, beautifully designed, ad free YouTube app that won't cost you a penny. A must have if you want to watch YouTube videos on your windows phone 7.

Version 2.2

attachment.php

attachment.php

New features
    - Author details and subscription
    - Regional settings
    - Recently played videos (history)

Improvements
    - Subtle interface animations
    - Selectable description text (Nodo only)
    - Preview playback while browsing comments & author
    - Usability improvements
    - Bug fixes

Full feature list
    - HQ video streaming over 3G
    - YouTube "like" and "dislike" support
    - Custom video player with seek, rotate lock & mute
    - Zune hub integration
    - Subscriptions, favourites and commenting support
    - Advanced video search and filtering
    - Video sharing via facebook, twitter, SMS and email
    - Author details & subscription
    - Regional settings
    - Recently played videos (history feed)
    - Customizable navigation
    - Low quality streaming option
    - Sleek ‘Metro’ style interface

DOWNLOAD via Zune

Comments, suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated as we are always looking to improve the app!

youtube1949.png

For further info please visit www.lazywormapps.com

Hi, we will constantly be looking to improve our brand image so yes the logo will no doubt change over time. We are currently focusing on some new and exciting functionality so it may be a little bit before we have the time to address the logo but we'll definitely consider it.

Yeh, we've had a very mixed reaction to our beloved lazy worm and it seems like it's very much love/hate. I think for the mean time we'll probably focus on providing an amazing experience rather than skinning the app.

The content displayed within the Lazylist can be selected from within the 'Lazylist' settings screen. So it will populate video content from your preferred feeds and mash them into one list.

We will also definitely consider playlist support for future updates.

Hi,

Thanks for the fantastic feedback guys!

By the way, expect a little update to be out soon. Although it's a minor update that addresses some pretty nasty bugs we've found we also added in a few features we think you will like :).