Why?????

Search This thread

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
What bloatware can I actually get rid of, bar star battlion(sp?)? I'm tempted to use Adb but really despite being told on here I'm not sure I still quite understand. also, how does it actually make your phone faster? Thanks

Sent from my R800i using XDA

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Also, my phone almost bricked I think... I updated ss launcher and powered off my phone, restarted it and it got stuck on Sony Ericsson logo. I took the battery out and it happened again but it's working now.. Should I be worried?

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Unlock your bootloader and root your phone and unleash the full potential of your device .. I have 3.5gb of internal data ;)

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
How? I seriously don't get what I could remove. And how, just by unlocking, will I increase my phone performance?

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
Unlocking your bootloader will cost money if you want to keep your warranty in check & you will be technically lieing if you do ever claim warranty.
By rooting as i've said before you can remove many apps which you dont need/use and save valuable space. As well as being able to force more apps onto your sd card. Here's an outdated list (but all of these and more can still be removed) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1046699
Making more space on internal storage to a certain point will speed up your phone (if you still have insufficient storage space) - Internal memory is one of the most annoying points about the xperia play and should have been much higher =|.

Reactions: UndisputedGuy

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
so what else would rooting allow me to do? I used to think supercharger increased speed and stuff but...

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
How do you get that much space for apps????? I only have 40mb left.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Check out the "apps2sd with amarullz" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1483256

I didnt not make it im only using it, and be sure to read everything and make a sd card backup cuz you will need to partition your sd card in CWM an it will wipe it. I posted a picture in that thread also you can see the internal storage. Also did the standard issue stuff like debloat the phone itself of useless apps. Just pls read everything so it works flawlessly like it is for me :)

DanielEGVi

Nov 20, 2011
this rooting and things is such a hassle...lol

Oh, come on man! Just root! If you don't ever use its potential, it won't slow your system down nor anything! Rooting is just the proccess of putting this little program called su here and another one called busybox there to unleash your phone's potential! If you are scared still here I give you all the good things about rooting:
  • It's so easy you could just run the program again and again and again with no problems!
  • If rooting fails, it will clean up and abort. Simple as that. Nothing happens.
  • When you have root, get Titanium Backup and backup and delete about every app on the phone! You just deinstall them and install them again like you give a damn and still nothing happens!
  • Force apps to move to SD.
  • Supercharger: Play Battlefield Bad Company 2 while listening to PowerAMP, get a call, go to homescreen, launch SMS app, compose SMS and continue playing where you left off! And it's fast as hell!
  • Lots of tricks and safe mods to brag your phone and make it (more) sexier!
  • ICS Update out? W00T! Just make a batch restore with Titanium Backup to restore every system app to how they were. Easy peasy!
  • IT'S FREE.
  • Doesn't void warranty!
  • No app can use root permissions without first asking you! (Unless you use the remember option lol)
  • IT'S FREE.
  • Doesn't wipe anything!
  • Come on already!
  • You can unroot, but that will oficially make your phone UGLY.
  • Customize whatever you want!
  • CWM: Backup your entire phone to SD Card and when you f--- it up (deleted system32 xd) you may just rewind time! And Titanium Backup does the rest!
  • ROOT + SUPERCHARGER = GOD MODE
  • UNLOCK BOOTLOADER (voids warranty unless yours is a non-Verizon R800i and relock it) = NOCLIP
  • JUST DO IT NOW. THERE ARE NO REGRETS.
  • Still scared? If your answer is yes, what the heck is wrong with you?! ROOT RITE NAO.

That's it. Hope it helped! :D
EDIT: By the way... Xperia Play is un-hard-brickable. Unless you... ***** it up to... you know where...

Last edited:

savage24x

Jul 5, 2011
Check out the "apps2sd with amarullz" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1483256

I didnt not make it im only using it, and be sure to read everything and make a sd card backup cuz you will need to partition your sd card in CWM an it will wipe it. I posted a picture in that thread also you can see the internal storage. Also did the standard issue stuff like debloat the phone itself of useless apps. Just pls read everything so it works flawlessly like it is for me :)

I don't have DooMKerneL. I have the Boot 2.3.3 with the Verizon Timescape UI made by 007shark. Dammit!

Sent from my R800x using XDA

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Oh, come on man! Just root! If you don't ever use its potential, it won't slow your system down nor anything! Rooting is just the proccess of putting this little program called su here and another one called busybox there to unleash your phone's potential! If you are scared still here I give you all the good things about rooting:
  • It's so easy you could just run the program again and again and again with no problems!
  • If rooting fails, it will clean up and abort. Simple as that. Nothing happens.
  • When you have root, get Titanium Backup and backup and delete about every app on the phone! You just deinstall them and install them again like you give a damn and still nothing happens!
  • Force apps to move to SD.
  • Supercharger: Play Battlefield Bad Company 2 while listening to PowerAMP, get a call, go to homescreen, launch SMS app, compose SMS and continue playing where you left off! And it's fast as hell!
  • Lots of tricks and safe mods to brag your phone and make it (more) sexier!
  • ICS Update out? W00T! Just make a batch restore with Titanium Backup to restore every system app to how they were. Easy peasy!
  • IT'S FREE.
  • Doesn't void warranty!
  • No app can use root permissions without first asking you! (Unless you use the remember option lol)
  • IT'S FREE.
  • Doesn't wipe anything!
  • Come on already!
  • You can unroot, but that will oficially make your phone UGLY.
  • Customize whatever you want!
  • CWM: Backup your entire phone to SD Card and when you f--- it up (deleted system32 xd) you may just rewind time! And Titanium Backup does the rest!
  • ROOT + SUPERCHARGER = GOD MODE
  • UNLOCK BOOTLOADER (voids warranty unless yours is a non-Verizon R800i and relock it) = NOCLIP
  • JUST DO IT NOW. THERE ARE NO REGRETS.
  • Still scared? If your answer is yes, what the heck is wrong with you?! ROOT RITE NAO.

That's it. Hope it helped! :D
EDIT: By the way... Xperia Play is un-hard-brickable. Unless you... ***** it up to... you know where...

It does void the warranty.

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Nope. I've learnt and my initial question wasn't about rooting and now I may root later whereas otherwise I May have not

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Nope. I've learnt and my initial question wasn't about rooting and now I may root later whereas otherwise I May have not

Well incase your having second thoughts on rooting or unlocking your bootloader let me just say..

I have an r800x , the cdma American Xperia play on verizon. After unlocking my BL and rooting I was able to flash a new kernel that took max cpu from 1ghz max possible to 2ghz max possible! I was able to delete bloatware apps and mod internal storage taking max storage from 248mb to now having 3.5gb of internal storage. Ontop of that I was able to fastboot UK firmware onto my device and it runs great.

So if a faster cpu , a ton of storage space , and better operating system on your phone are NOT something you want , then dont root your phone.

But if you DO want to be using your device to its full potential then unlock it root it and you will be so happy you did.

Also, with flashtool and fastboot its pretty much impossible to brick your phone. Just like the Droid 1 was pretty much impossible to brick because of sbf files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then i suggest you root ; it helps alot. All the stock games that come with the phone take up around 50mb of space ; I've moved both adobe flash player and google maps to sd, deleted stuff i dont use i.e. default browser,timescape,all the SE facebook stuff, most of my apps are on my sd card and all of my games run smoothly (around half my apps are games) , another thing you might want to look into if you decide to root is the supercharger v6 which really speeds up the phone ( no idea how laggy your phone may or may not be with that much free space).
    It might be that you need a portion of that space to have available for the android market to store the download as its downloading, then to install it....

I think thats what I read a while ago.
    39mb of free space is just not enough ; the apps have to download the apk and install them-which requires seperate space and so much more space than the apps original file size (what it says on the market) is needed ; try moving apps to sd and if you have root uninstalling SE's bloatware.
    Also, my phone almost bricked I think... I updated ss launcher and powered off my phone, restarted it and it got stuck on Sony Ericsson logo. I took the battery out and it happened again but it's working now.. Should I be worried?

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

That happend me when i was rooting but i fixed it
    I dont think so ; the phone in my experience is unbrickable ( i have a locked bootloader) - Root should not brick your phone - use the zerg rush exploit/method and I have no experience with ss launcher. If you ever have a similar situation to what happened to you remove your battery for around 30 seconds and then put it back in , try a few reboots. If that doesn't work , download Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) and keep on trying to update/repair the software using that no to be confused with Sony Ericsson Pc Companion.

EDIT- I've rooted numerous times (due to me theming,trying out different things on my phone and generally just wanting a fresh install) and I have never had a problem with it - make sure you follow all instructions - if done correctly you should not brick and your data will be kept...