I'm a technician Trying to help someone that can afford insurance can someone help me

Search This thread

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
I'm a repair technician that's wants to help a mother in need. Who can help me, help her?

She has no TEP aka insurance so she's dead in the water if I don't help her..

She came into the store with a RED M7 that won't boot past the HTC One screen. I've tried to factory reset but no go.. I downloaded a RUU from the development section but it errors out on me. I doubt she even knows how to root and un lock device. So any help since I don't really work on this device would be cool.. if not then at least I tried and thank you!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I'm a repair technician that's wants to help a mother in need. Who can help me, help her?

She came into the store with a RED M7 that won't boot past the HTC One screen. I've tried to factory reset but no go.. I downloaded a RUU from the development section but it errors out on me. I doubt she even knows how to root and un lock device. So any help since I don't really work on this device would be cool.. if not then at least I tried and thank you!

What type of errors are you getting when you run the RUU?
Did you re-lock the bootloader before running the RUU?
If you can access the bootloader it can most likely be saved...just need more info.

Reactions: luigi311

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011

If u have access to the hboot the device can most likely be saved. Access the hboot and post the information from the top of the device that would probably help us out abit. While we are no experts, the people around here seem to know abit more then the average folk so it's nice to see a repair technician amongst us.
RUU must be run with a locked/relocked bootloader unless the device is s-off also note not all RUUs will work if the hboot has is not on the version previous to the RUU version at least, being on a version passed it does not affect it and will give u the ok. If not s-off its impossible to go to a previous software version meaning if she's on a update with no available RUU then running a older RUU will failed 100% of the time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: dincdoes.me

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
If u have access to the hboot the device can most likely be saved. Access the hboot and post the information from the top of the device that would probably help us out abit. While we are no experts, the people around here seem to know abit more then the average folk so it's nice to see a repair technician amongst us.
RUU must be run with a locked/relocked bootloader unless the device is s-off also note not all RUUs will work if the hboot has is not on the version previous to the RUU version at least, being on a version passed it does not affect it and will give u the ok. If not s-off its impossible to go to a previous software version meaning if she's on a update with no available RUU then running a older RUU will failed 100% of the time.

I wish I would have snapped photos when I was at work.. and tha is for the kind words. If I had the device I would have more input but as soon as I start in a few hours I will if it helps. And to answer a couple of your questions I can get into hboot and bootloader on her phone with no issues. I really doubt this mother of 2 would have time and I asked I was replied with a blank stare lol .. thanks for helping me try to solve this lady's issues...

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Picture of bootloader
ajyvu9ub.jpg

Hope that helps

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
And picture of me doing something I'm not supposed to do at work well it's up in the air anyway.. but a pic of the latest RUU I can find attempt to flash 5.03.651.2 odd part the ruu flashing tool states different ..
5e6yreza.jpg
negugegy.jpg

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
And picture of me doing something I'm not supposed to do at work well it's up in the air anyway.. but a pic of the latest RUU I can find attempt to flash 5.03.651.2 odd part the ruu flashing tool states different ..
5e6yreza.jpg
negugegy.jpg

Just a heads up, you're downgrading as the RUU screen says "From 4.06.651.9 to 3.04.651.2" which won't work unless you have S-OFF. And by your HBOOT screenshot, you have S-ON. You can S-OFF using firewater (Google it to know more if you'd like), but that voids your warranty (I think, not sure, I don't live in the U.S. anymore)

You can try following the steps here I found by Googling: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/downl...e-with-android-4-4-2-kitkat-build-5-03-651-3/

Be careful not to void the warranty though..

Last edited:

smokin901

5e6yreza.jpg
negugegy.jpg

look like you are trying to install older version. which will not work unless you s-off. try this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910
or bootloader install TWRP and flash stock ROM from here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2766604

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
See in your pic it says:
From
Image version 4.06.651.9
To
Image version 3.04.651.2

Since she is s-on these have to match or the "To" version has to be greater/newer then the "From" version.
The latest RUU available on XDA anyways, is 4.06.651.4, without a compatible RUU the only way to fix it would be to unlock the bootloader then follow my guide below.
But I don't know if that would be something she would want to do.
You can follow my guide found HERE and it will get you back up and running.
Use the 4.06.651.9 or 5.03.651.3 s-on firmware and roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    See in your pic it says:
    From
    Image version 4.06.651.9
    To
    Image version 3.04.651.2

Since she is s-on these have to match or the "To" version has to be greater/newer then the "From" version.
    The latest RUU available on XDA anyways, is 4.06.651.4, without a compatible RUU the only way to fix it would be to unlock the bootloader then follow my guide below.
    But I don't know if that would be something she would want to do.
    You can follow my guide found HERE and it will get you back up and running.
    Use the 4.06.651.9 or 5.03.651.3 s-on firmware and roms.

What type of errors are you getting when you run the RUU?
    Did you re-lock the bootloader before running the RUU?
    If you can access the bootloader it can most likely be saved...just need more info.