Has anybody solved notifications issue on Mate 20 Pro?

Search This thread

WarVic

Apr 24, 2010
Hi everyone. Can anybody post a screenshot of your homescreen with received emails / messages icons showing in the top left corner of the Mate 20 Pro screen (notifications area) please? I'm sick and tired to hear explanations like "hm, weird. might something wrong with your firmware", hm, I've got everything". Something is telling me that this problem is notch related and Huawei simply don't know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

hija31

Jul 15, 2008
Hi everyone. Can anybody post a screenshot of your homescreen with received emails / messages icons showing in the top left corner of the Mate 20 Pro screen (notifications area) please? I'm sick and tired to hear explanations like "hm, weird. might something wrong with your firmware", hm, I've got everything". Something is telling me that this problem is notch related and Huawei simply don't know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.
Like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190412_134932.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412_134932.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 918
  • Screenshot_20190412_143828.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412_143828.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 919
  • Screenshot_20190412_134811.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412_134811.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 925

WarVic

Apr 24, 2010
What problem do you have?

No notification icons (emails, messages...) in the top left corner. All I have got is operator name and signal strength (GSM + WiFi) signs. That's it. As a result, I'm missing important messages and emails, not reading them in time. Never experienced anything like this on Pixel, Galaxies, LG, HTC and Sony phones. Also my previous phone - Mate 10 - didn't have this problem too. Can't find the way to fix it on Mate 20 Pro.

gm007

May 29, 2011
Maybe you have disabled them by mistake,you can always go to app setting and enable notifications for each app you want.

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
It's a horrible notch on this phone.
I'd much rather that if the option to turn "off" the notch is selected, that the whole top line would be moved down so that icons show in an entire row the line below, instead of the very top notched line, but such is life!

For you, is this a space issue do you think?
I've changed the option to show a notification number instead of individual icons. At least with this method, you'll know something is there?

ilos

Jun 17, 2007
Saint Priest
You have the place for only 4 icons at the right and at the left of the notch. So that depends if you have Bluetooth on, network monitor on etc... Etc.. For each apps you have maybe in notification bar you should disable apps that you don't want to be in notif bar. For exemple I use Tasker but don't need it in notification bar, so I removed is icon in notification menu.

Like you I don't see my email or text msg notification icon but is because I've Bluetooth on, alarm on, vibrate On and data monitoring on so... Alarm icon don't appear coz I've also signal strength.
Signal strength + Bluetooth icon + network monitor + vibrate mode = 4 icons nothing more. If I switch from vibrate mod to ring mod i' ve again one free slot for another icon etc... Etc..

WarVic

Apr 24, 2010
Maybe you have disabled them by mistake,you can always go to app setting and enable notifications for each app you want.

I haven't touched or disabled anything. Everything is on default settings. I've checked all notifications related settings, everything is enabled.

WarVic

Apr 24, 2010
It's a horrible notch on this phone.
I'd much rather that if the option to turn "off" the notch is selected, that the whole top line would be moved down so that icons show in an entire row the line below, instead of the very top notched line, but such is life!

For you, is this a space issue do you think?
I've changed the option to show a notification number instead of individual icons. At least with this method, you'll know something is there?

Yes, this is a space issue and a Huawei issues at the same time. I set "show numbers" options but still no luck. Maybe my current operator name is too long to have anything else beside.

WarVic

Apr 24, 2010
You have the place for only 4 icons at the right and at the left of the notch. So that depends if you have Bluetooth on, network monitor on etc... Etc.. For each apps you have maybe in notification bar you should disable apps that you don't want to be in notif bar. For exemple I use Tasker but don't need it in notification bar, so I removed is icon in notification menu.

Like you I don't see my email or text msg notification icon but is because I've Bluetooth on, alarm on, vibrate On and data monitoring on so... Alarm icon don't appear coz I've also signal strength.
Signal strength + Bluetooth icon + network monitor + vibrate mode = 4 icons nothing more. If I switch from vibrate mod to ring mod i' ve again one free slot for another icon etc... Etc..
Okay, thanks for explanation. Thant's mean it is space + Huawei issue indeed. Useless (no notifications whatsoever) AOD is quite frustrating as well.

hija31

Jul 15, 2008
There is room for 5 icons and not 4. The last three ones are replaced by new icon.
I think you've changed something in settings that's why you're not getting notifications.

If you look at second screen shot, you can see that sms icon in the first photo is replaced with keyboard icon and on the third it's back again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190412_161759.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412_161759.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot_20190412_162030_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412_162030_com.android.chrome.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Screenshot_20190412_163018_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412_163018_com.android.chrome.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

WarVic

Apr 24, 2010
There is room for 5 icons and not 4. The last three ones are replaced by new icon.
I think you've changed something in settings that's why you're not getting notifications.

If you look at second screen shot, you can see that sms icon in the first photo is replaced with keyboard icon and on the third it's back again.

Okay, I see. Seriously, I haven't touch any settings, all in defaults state. Just tried to disable providers name and finally notification popped up! Anyway, notch is the culprit of my issue. I takes heaps of space so with provider name displayed by default there is no space for anything else. Can't justify such a huge notch and having below the average sound from the speakers. My old small Pixel 3 sounds a way clearer and louder even not at high volume. Don't really care about secure and fancy 3D face recognition at all.

Wearevoip

Nov 1, 2010
...Can't justify such a huge notch and having below the average sound from the speakers. My old small Pixel 3 sounds a way clearer and louder even not at high volume. Don't really care about secure and fancy 3D face recognition at all.

Then you bought the wrong handset. The notch is there for a reason. I love the 3d face recognition, so I live with the notch. I bought the right phone. :)

Ironrobi

Nov 15, 2010
You can also use adb to permanently disable some of the system icons like Bluetooth, alarm clock, nfc, etc.. This really helped clean things up and made more room up top for notification icons.

One option I wish they had was the ability to move signal and WiFi from left to right.

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

ilos

Jun 17, 2007
Saint Priest
Total is 8 icons....4 at left and 4 at right or 5 at left 3 at right etc... If you choose to put battery % out of his icon you will see... Battery icon take 2 places, % take one, time take one = 4
If you put battery % inside his icon : battery icon take 2 places, time take one = 3, so you have automatically 5 slots available at left... [emoji57]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190413_144311.jpg
    Screenshot_20190413_144311.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_20190413_144247.jpg
    Screenshot_20190413_144247.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

hija31

Jul 15, 2008
Total is 8 icons....4 at left and 4 at right or 5 at left 3 at right etc... If you choose to put battery % out of his icon you will see... Battery icon take 2 places, % take one, time take one = 4
If you put battery % inside his icon : battery icon take 2 places, time take one = 3, so you have automatically have 5 slots available at left... [emoji57]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

You're right :good: