antenna gate as sentation?

Search This thread

crabjoe

Sep 30, 2010
No way to know yet because the back is different on the EVO 3D versus the Sensation. The Sensation has a partial metal backing, from my understanding, the EVO 3D is all plastic with a coating of some type.

Alanmw86

Jul 9, 2010
put your hand on the top back of your evo in a medium coverage area and watch it drop a bar.

put your hand on the lower half of your phone with low wifi signal and watch it cut it.

I've been around cell phones along time, they all do it.

the biggest issue is more in poor placement, as in putting it where most everyone holds there phone.

put your hand on the top back of your evo in a medium coverage area and watch it drop a bar.

put your hand on the lower half of your phone with low wifi signal and watch it cut it.

I've been around cell phones along time, they all do it.

the biggest issue is more in poor placement, as in putting it where most everyone holds there phone.

I just tried as you say with my touch pro 2, and this does not happen at all

Alanmw86

Jul 9, 2010
I never said touch pro 2, either way I'm certain you can do it on a touch pro 2 as well as long as you cover where the antenna is, you can do it to any antenna in the world guys, come on...seriously, who in there right minds thinks you can cover a receiver and NOT affect its reception? some may be more measurable than others, but like i said it all has to do with convenience of placement.

oh and BTW I've done it on a touch pro 2 as well. but I for the life of me can't remember what part of the phone the antenna is at.

yelped

Feb 10, 2011
The antenna is on the top quarter of the touch pro 2, from the speakerphone button and up. It says so in the manual.

aimbdd

Jul 27, 2009
PA/MD
It only really affects the phone if you have poor reception. So you wont notice it otherwise.

But yes it happens to all phones... people just bashed the Iphone for it because that area that caused it is in a place that you would cover by normally holding your phone.