[GAMES] Nexus 10 Gaming Thread

Search This thread

gogorman

Dec 12, 2010
A friend of mine has one and I confirmed it, it doesn't have the special graphic effects either, that's not to say that Android doesn't support them as my SGS 2 is displaying all of them.

Yes this is disappointing. The device can SURELY handle it.
I wonder if there is a way to force the graphics like Dead Trigger???

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Yes this is disappointing. The device can SURELY handle it.
I wonder if there is a way to force the graphics like Dead Trigger???

I tried downloading an APK that according to the site would have them enabled by force, it didn't work, it looked the same way as the one from the play store, I tried downloading from other sites but all gave the same result, I haven't been able to get it to work.

And how did you manage to enable them in Dead Trigger? Whenever I try it erases my progress and nothing happens (I ****ing love that online backup)

filthygoat223996

Oct 4, 2012
I tried downloading an APK that according to the site would have them enabled by force, it didn't work, it looked the same way as the one from the play store, I tried downloading from other sites but all gave the same result, I haven't been able to get it to work.

And how did you manage to enable them in Dead Trigger? Whenever I try it erases my progress and nothing happens (I ****ing love that online backup)

My progress never disappears, and did you fix your permissions?

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app

R

RawBott Bigg

What kernels are you guys using for gaming? Also, what settings works for you to ensure lag free and top performance while gaming?

Feb 21, 2013
Don't kjnoiw IMF this is covered anywhere but uis are easy too small at this resolution... I'd love to play puzzle quest or kings bounty but I'd need a magnifying glass.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
I would also like to see what kernels others are running. I'm running the one that comes with AOKP currently, curious as to if I can get better performance.
I was a fan of franco.Kernel since it had an updated GPU driver, better thermal management, and updated WiFi driver at the time. Not sure on the current state of it, but I'd still recommend it :)

KTManta is also pretty nice. You can customize the thermal management yourself, it has an updated WiFi driver, and I hear it has some color boost thing. Also a pretty nice choice :)

bhatbhai

Oct 20, 2011
Final Fantasy Dimensions works beautifully on my N10.

I've also emulated some PS games with FPSE, no problems there, either.

daz23

Feb 15, 2010
If anyone has any tips on getting NBA JAM running on the Nexus 10 (stock ROM, rooted) it would be greatly appreciated!

asc1987

Aug 22, 2009
If anyone has any tips on getting NBA JAM running on the Nexus 10 (stock ROM, rooted) it would be greatly appreciated!

I think that is impossible, because you must use Chainfire 3d and this bricks your Nexus, but i want play NBA Jam too. I cant nunderstan why we cant play or why we cant use Chainfire 3d!!! If someone can play tegra games,please help us!!!!

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Guys, when I log in with a new device to origin my previous devices lose access to it, it says t"he origin network could not be reached" and something else, what can I do to be able to log in it again with NFSMW?

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
The new Riptide GP2 runs great on the Nexus 10 with maxed out graphics (Except for the tegra specific effects). Also Bloons TD 5 is fun

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
A thread in the general area shows that Android 4.3 update brought a small bump to our graphics performance. An extra 1000 points in AnTuTu and a 400 point increase in 3DMark when running extreme settings

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
A thread in the general area shows that Android 4.3 update brought a small bump to our graphics performance. An extra 1000 points in AnTuTu and a 400 point increase in 3DMark when running extreme settings

FYI - The 1000 points in Antutu is because of a rendering glitch, in the Troll scene it only renders the grass which gives it an extra 20 FPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To anyone who doubts any lag issues, try this race out specifically:
    1Egmq

I played that race and many others for an hour and a half straight last night with no lag :)

Set your min CPU speed to 300MHz
    Max CPU to 1.1GHz
    Governor to PegasusQ or Interactive
    scheduler to noop
    undervolt to whatever your known good levels are

This should stop all throttling in gaming.
    In case anyone is interested, Need for Speed Most Wanted is 99 cents.
    My N10 doesn't run as hot either.

BTW: if it has not been mentioned, Nova 3 is on sale for .99 cents!
    Anyone with throttling issues, I might recommend checking out franco.Kernel:

r2:
    * Merge over 60 patches from Google android-3.4/exynos branch which include mostly improvements on the GPU and graphics memory allocator drivers, amongst other things
    * Add toggle to enable/disable fsync
    * Fixed thermal driver to do its job properly: one throttle to 1000MHz and another throttle to 700MHz, if it gets even warmer. Also get rid of memory throttling, seems kinda absurd to me. This should get rid of lagging while abusing your device
    I killed my Live Wallpaper and Wifi and the lag is at minimum.