Doogee X5 Max Pro Root Recovery OTA

Search This thread

XN Logos

Sep 27, 2016
indore
******************Root Recovery Doogee X5 max pro*******************
Your waiting Time IS Now Finished Here is Complete Guide to Root Doogee X5 Max Pro install twrp And More,
Hit :good:
ADB & Fastboot
Before doing most things mentioned below you will need "adb" and "fastboot" installed. Two of your options are to install the Android SDK Tools or the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool. If you are somewhat new to this I highly recommend the second one. Go here, download the latest version (1.3.1 as of this writing), and install it. When setup is complete you should have an icon for the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.

Note: I highly recommend you add "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your PATH variable in Windows. This way you can open a Command Prompt anywhere and use adb or fastboot.

1) Unlock Bootloader

1. Power on the phone and skip through all of the setup options
  2. Go to Settings -> About device
  3. Tap Build number five times to enable Developer options
  4. Go to Settings -> Developer options
  5. Enable OEM unlocking
  6. Enable USB debugging
  7. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
  8. Open a Command Prompt
  9. Type adb reboot-bootloader
  10. The phone should reboot and in a very tiny font at the bottom you should see => FASTBOOT mode
  11. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly
  12. Type fastboot oem unlock
  13. Press Volume Up to say Yes and wait for this to finish
  14. Type fastboot getvar all and look for (bootloader) unlocked: yes
  15. Type fastboot reboot
  16. You should see your phone reboot a couple times as it erases the phone

Install twrp-

1. Power on the phone
  2. You can configure your phone now or just skip through all of the setup options and do that later
  3. Go to Settings -> About device
  4. Tap Build number five times to enable Developer options
  5. Go to Settings -> Developer options
  6. Enable OEM unlocking
  7. Enable USB debugging
  8. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
  9. Open a Command Prompt to wherever you extracted the .img file
  10. Type adb reboot-bootloader
  11. The phone should reboot and in a very tiny font at the bottom you should see => FASTBOOT mode
  12. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly, rename twrp to recovery.img
  13. type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash recovery
  14. Type fastboot reboot
Rooting-
  • Download BETA-SuperSU.zip and save it to the phone's internal memory or an inserted microSD card
  • Plug the phone in to your PC
  • Open a Command Prompt
  • Type adb reboot recovery
  • You should now be in twrp. Go to Install zip, find SuperSU.zip, and install it
  • When it finishes go to Go Back -> Reboot Phone -> No
  • Once the phone boots up launch SuperSU and configure it as you like
Other Solutions-

Last edited by a moderator:

imadios

Dec 19, 2016
i have doogee x5 max-s (i geuss limited editon in algeria ) with mtk6735 . i do evrything and all steps but when i reboot to recovery mode i have ( no command ) in the screen .... how to fix that ? sorry for my ****ty english XD

thelizard1984

Jan 10, 2017
I had the same Issue but i have found a solution!

After you have flashed the twrp recovery, dont reboot the phone! the "recovery.sh" will replace the twrp on every boot!
Just pull off the battery after flashing, disconnect usb and put the battery back in to the phone.
Now get in to the recovery by pressing volume up and power button together until the select bootmode menue appears.
select recovery with the volume up button and enter with the volume down button.
and now you should be in the twrp main menue.

i hope it works for you too!

greetz from the lizard

Last edited:
Reactions: Stripe_nl

pitro1

Jan 16, 2017
It does not work from step 12, all the drives are correctly installed and windows recognizes the cell, the recovery image is in the internal memory and also in the sd but of the error "can not load Recovery.img". I tried all the tutorials on the net to do root and nothing worked.The flash does not recognize to pass the recovery also the installed drivers because windows recognizes the cell phone.

XN Logos

Sep 27, 2016
indore
It does not work from step 12, all the drives are correctly installed and windows recognizes the cell, the recovery image is in the internal memory and also in the sd but of the error "can not load Recovery.img". I tried all the tutorials on the net to do root and nothing worked.The flash does not recognize to pass the recovery also the installed drivers because windows recognizes the cell phone.

use sp flash tools to flash recovery, scatter also added with twrp

pitro1

Jan 16, 2017
Flash does not pass the file in the download only option, the process does not start. I reinstalled ROM by firmware mode all ok, but the process of passing recovery on command 12 and 13 of the error message. I manually copied the recovery to the sd and internal memory but also from the error. Does not find the file speaks that it is not a command found.

pitro1

Jan 16, 2017
use sp flash tools to flash recovery, scatter also added with twrp

Until today I could not do root on x5 max pro. In the method below even downloading the twrp when starting with the power + volume down button start with a menu in Chinese and if you start with volume up + power goes in the default recovery mode.

lagren

Jul 8, 2007
Same as Pitro1 I am on 16.01 update and I cannot install twrp no matter what I try.

I tried x32 and x64. I tried rebooting directly on recovery or first load system and then adb reboot recovery. I tried to format all first (now I lost my Imei and so on lol). I downgraded and updated again. Downgrading works only with 26.12 version. All others are giving me Colorado lines on the screen and nothing else...

OEM unlock, file transfer, adb, fastboot, drivers detection, are all working good. Only I cannot install twrp...

Also I cannot write nvram nor with SN Writer 2.1504 nor with Imei & SN Writer 1.7.2, MetaAP mode fails all the time...

I'm just about to send it back...

Last edited:

lagren

Jul 8, 2007
i returned the phone as i had no imei anymore.

i got a new one, i did not put any sim or whatsoever, i just unlocked bootloader, and updated to 16.01 version

then i tried to install twrp via fastboot and it did not work, i did it with sp flash tools as advised and removing the battery prior (don't forget to!). it worked !

ibrooks

Feb 23, 2017
How i rooted my Doogee X5 Max Pro

- Unlock Bootloader tutorial in the first post By XN Logos.
- Updated ROM to Android 6 with SP FLASH TOOLS V.5.16.20
- boot phone for 1st start and activate Developer and USB debugging
- Installed TWRP-32x + SuperSu with SP FLASH TOOLS V.5.16.20

How old is your phone and what build version was it at before you started? Because this doesn't work on mine. Which of the "Android 6" ROMs did you flash to start with as I've tried flashing mine back to an earlier one in case it's something with the later stuff that my phone has come with but they either don't make a difference or they won't even boot.

I tried the method in the first post here and the phone wouldn't even boot (switch on and you get the Doogee logo in silver for a few seconds then it reboots and does the same again). I had to flash the stock ROM from NeedROM to get it working again.

I've tried flashing TWRPx32 and x64 available NeedROM both with SPFlash tools and with ADB. Generally flashing it with ADB from the command line leaves the phone in that boot-loop. If I flash it with SPFlash when you try to boot into Bootloader afterwards you get the Doogee logo in silver for a few seconds then it seems to reboot again on it's own and boot normally - you don't even get the menu to choose Fastboot, Recovery or Normal. From then on trying to boot to the Bootloader gives you the menu but choosing Recovery gives you the standard recovery.

It's almost as if something is overwriting the recovery partition with the original after I flash TWRP onto it.

Anyone got any suggestions about where I might be going wrong or a way around whatever additional security they might have put in there?

jamesmbuchann

Mar 14, 2017
Hi. I have tried to root my x5 max pro with flash tools to load TWRP, but it always restarts normally and the TWRP does not come out. I found you and I started to try this method to load the TWRP. Does everything good, unload bootloader and load recovery, but loading the TWRP gives me error .:
Device unauthorized.
This adb's $ ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is nor set; Try adb kil-server if that seems wrong

what I do?

dada216

Mar 22, 2017
rooting X5 Max pro in Ubuntu 16.04

Hi all, this is my first china phone and I basically bought it only to experiment, I'm a linux power user but this is the first time I 'play' with an android OS.
thanks to multiple guides and posts on this and other forums I'm getting somewhere and learning a lot about how to manage an android OS, I'm sharing a bit of info I unovered about doing this under ubuntu but I'm also stuck and in need of guidance, please help me.

Linux specific issues:
I'm running ubuntu 16.04 LTS, installed fastboot and adb tools from ubuntu repos, with these tools and no other modification to my system I could follow the tutorial on how to unlock the OEM bootloader with adb and fastboot.

accordingly to this post about SP flash tool in linux you might need to blacklist a modem manager module in order for SP flash tool to connect to the phone, you also need to install usb development tools (package libusb-dev) and check through dmesg that your linux OS can actually properly read mediatek usb devices.

After following the above mentioned instructions (both the linux sp flash tool tutorial and the bootloader unlocking howto) I could get SP flash tool linux (multiple version) to see the phone after you connect it while SP flash is downloading the new recovery image and flash it with an ok message.

If you get stuck with a BROM error 1013 remember to start sp flash tool with root privileges.

Phone specific issues:
I can get SP flash tool to flash my phone recovery with an ok message confirmation but the phone keeps rebooting with doogee recovery and not twrp. I'm on the newest stock ROM update (20170116) as of current post date. I've been using 32 bit TWRP images from multiple sources and linux version 5.1620 of spflash tool from their website

so my questions are as following:

1) after reading other posts I think I might have to play with different versions of SP flash tool and TWRP until I get the right combination, I think I might be using 64bit spflash tool for linux to flash a 32bit rom or something like that, can anybody confirm precise version number of the stock rom, TWRP and SP flash tool that worked out for you?

2) should I try to install the whole stock ROM posted in this chinadevices thread before trying to flash only TWRP recovery? please also check the linked thread for multiple custom ROM being ported to this phone, please also note that the full stock rom this poster uploaded (it's in the "all firmware" link) contains another flashing tools with chinese instruction called MultiDownloadTool.

www.china-devices.com/forum/index.php?threads/doogee-x5-max-pro-mt6737-custom-roms.20527/

3) I don't have access to a windows installation right now, but I do have a Win10 VM under Vmware workstation 12 pro, so I could try windows version of sp flash tool, do you guys think that USB passthrough would work?

miota85

Sep 4, 2016
How old is your phone and what build version was it at before you started? Because this doesn't work on mine. Which of the "Android 6" ROMs did you flash to start with as I've tried flashing mine back to an earlier one in case it's something with the later stuff that my phone has come with but they either don't make a difference or they won't even boot.

I tried the method in the first post here and the phone wouldn't even boot (switch on and you get the Doogee logo in silver for a few seconds then it reboots and does the same again). I had to flash the stock ROM from NeedROM to get it working again.

I've tried flashing TWRPx32 and x64 available NeedROM both with SPFlash tools and with ADB. Generally flashing it with ADB from the command line leaves the phone in that boot-loop. If I flash it with SPFlash when you try to boot into Bootloader afterwards you get the Doogee logo in silver for a few seconds then it seems to reboot again on it's own and boot normally - you don't even get the menu to choose Fastboot, Recovery or Normal. From then on trying to boot to the Bootloader gives you the menu but choosing Recovery gives you the standard recovery.

It's almost as if something is overwriting the recovery partition with the original after I flash TWRP onto it.

Anyone got any suggestions about where I might be going wrong or a way around whatever additional security they might have put in there?

Same here. May a work around would be finding out the oem commands in fastboot. I have seen a tutorial to get them, but you have to be root: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-discover-hidden-fastboot-commands/

rolandmoesl

Apr 3, 2017
I search a simple method

Why all so complicate? I am searching for a simple way to root.
For my old Doogee X5, I discovered just

update-ROOT-DOOGEE_X5.zip

Copy the zip to the micro-SD-card
Settings -> Phone info -> Update -> menu "update local" -> choose zip from micro-SD-card.
Start update.
That's all!

Now I search for such a simple solution for my new Doogee X5 MAX pro.
I do not want any methods with "volume down power", because my X5 MAX pro has the menus after "Volume down power" start in Chinese language.

Ollek74

Jul 25, 2013
This version finally works ! Thank you :cool:

Hi there,
I just tried the first file you posted, (twrp-x32-rom), and this one works for me after all previous attempts to boot up TWRP failed. Thanks for the link ! :)

What I had tried before:
I have a relatively new X5 Max Pro, which I ordered a week ago. I updated the firmware to the newest version (20170116) using the OTA update function.
Then I tried to flash TWRP using the files from "needrom.com" which seem to have worked on older versions of the phone/firmware, but did not work for the newer versions.
I tried 32bit and 64bit TWRP versions and flashed them with SP flash tool, but when pressing Vol+/Power the phone would not boot into TWRP recovery. Insted, when selecting "Recovery" from the boot menu, the phone would show the Doogee logo in silver, then blink once, then boot up normally. When repeating this process, then phone boots into Stock recovery, indicating that the TWRP I flashed was replaced by stock recovery.
However, I just flashed the recovery.img from "TWRP LATEST" (the first file posted by Neaw) with SP flash tools and was finally able to boot into TWRP. I installed the superSU-zip 2.79 included in the link, and I am now rooted. Once again, thanks for posting this :good:

Greetz, Ollek74

Hami212

Apr 13, 2017
Doogee X5 MAX! SERIUS PROBLEM......

Hello Guys i have a serious problem with my phone.....i have Malware on it and i cant uninstall it or anything alse.....the worst thing is that my phone not responding in any connection except that charging.....i can't have access on my storage cause this is not allowed or gives the choice! i tried everything but nothing nor the usb debugging or anything else please give me your help!!!! :(:(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ******************Root Recovery Doogee X5 max pro*******************
    Your waiting Time IS Now Finished Here is Complete Guide to Root Doogee X5 Max Pro install twrp And More,
    Hit :good:
    ADB & Fastboot
    Before doing most things mentioned below you will need "adb" and "fastboot" installed. Two of your options are to install the Android SDK Tools or the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool. If you are somewhat new to this I highly recommend the second one. Go here, download the latest version (1.3.1 as of this writing), and install it. When setup is complete you should have an icon for the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.

Note: I highly recommend you add "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your PATH variable in Windows. This way you can open a Command Prompt anywhere and use adb or fastboot.

1) Unlock Bootloader

1. Power on the phone and skip through all of the setup options
    2. Go to Settings -> About device
    3. Tap Build number five times to enable Developer options
    4. Go to Settings -> Developer options
    5. Enable OEM unlocking
    6. Enable USB debugging
    7. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
    8. Open a Command Prompt
    9. Type adb reboot-bootloader
    10. The phone should reboot and in a very tiny font at the bottom you should see => FASTBOOT mode
    11. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly
    12. Type fastboot oem unlock
    13. Press Volume Up to say Yes and wait for this to finish
    14. Type fastboot getvar all and look for (bootloader) unlocked: yes
    15. Type fastboot reboot
    16. You should see your phone reboot a couple times as it erases the phone

Install twrp-

1. Power on the phone
    2. You can configure your phone now or just skip through all of the setup options and do that later
    3. Go to Settings -> About device
    4. Tap Build number five times to enable Developer options
    5. Go to Settings -> Developer options
    6. Enable OEM unlocking
    7. Enable USB debugging
    8. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
    9. Open a Command Prompt to wherever you extracted the .img file
    10. Type adb reboot-bootloader
    11. The phone should reboot and in a very tiny font at the bottom you should see => FASTBOOT mode
    12. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly, rename twrp to recovery.img
    13. type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash recovery
    14. Type fastboot reboot
    Rooting-
    • Download BETA-SuperSU.zip and save it to the phone's internal memory or an inserted microSD card
    • Plug the phone in to your PC
    • Open a Command Prompt
    • Type adb reboot recovery
    • You should now be in twrp. Go to Install zip, find SuperSU.zip, and install it
    • When it finishes go to Go Back -> Reboot Phone -> No
    • Once the phone boots up launch SuperSU and configure it as you like
    Other Solutions-
    Doogee X5 Max Pro - Update 01/16/2017 + TWRP-3-0-2 & SuperSU-v2.79

Working root for Update 01/16/2017
    Title: Doogee X5 Max Pro
    Listed: 01/19/2017 11:21 pm
    ROM Version: ROM Android 6.0

Doogee X5 Max Pro - Update 01/16/2017
    TWRP-3-0-2 + SuperSU-v2.79
    Use This Version Flashtool
    SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1620.00.000

- Unlock Bootloader tutorial in the first post By XN Logos.
    - Updated ROM to Android 6 with SP FLASH TOOLS V.5.16.20
    - boot phone for 1st start and activate Developer and USB debugging
    - Installed TWRP-32x + SuperSu with SP FLASH TOOLS V.5.16.20
    I know this is an old post but I want to thank all the contributors and especially the Original poster.Finally after many months on-and-off of trying to Root my DooGee X5 Max pro with the info from this thread and ONE important Tweak! I managed to Root my phone.

Using the two files posted by Neaw

and the instructions at the start of the thread.

Now I never had a problem unlocking the Bootloader.What stopped me was I could never get TWRP to install so here's the,"Trick" that worked for me.

With the software and drivers installed from the first post etc

Do the Boot unlock.

Take battery out and reconnect to PC.

Use the CMD commands in Windows to flash the recovery.img and you should see the data load and finish on the phone.

NOW is where I got it to work.

Put the Battery back in the phone but do NOT start the phone normally.Use the Volume up Key and the Power button to enter the phone and THEN use the volume up button to navigate to Recovery and the volume down button to select it if I remember correctly.

TWRP should load and now you are good to go installing Superuser and also be able to make Nandroid backups and load custom roms.This means I can use TWRP anytime now :)

HTH :)

Update!!!!!!!

I'm now running this great 32 bit Custom rom with no Malware and rock solid

https://www.getdroidtips.com/mokee-os-doogee-x5-max-pro/

32bi version.

DOOGEE-X5max_PRO-Android6.0-20170412.zip
    I had the same Issue but i have found a solution!

After you have flashed the twrp recovery, dont reboot the phone! the "recovery.sh" will replace the twrp on every boot!
    Just pull off the battery after flashing, disconnect usb and put the battery back in to the phone.
    Now get in to the recovery by pressing volume up and power button together until the select bootmode menue appears.
    select recovery with the volume up button and enter with the volume down button.
    and now you should be in the twrp main menue.

i hope it works for you too!

greetz from the lizard