Grey 100-step batteries for WB-XPERIA TW Gingerbread V6

Search This thread

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Ok,
Since people have had some problems with losing reboot options, xloud, etc. from flashing older packages I am going to remove them & make this thread exclusively for Wolfbreak's 2.3.3 rom v6 (or latest). As of now it is the rom I use and the only one I can test properly and guarantee working. I am only including the framework-res.apk in these zips and not framework.jar or android.policy.jar, etc. so they will not add functionality to other roms and will only work with roms that share the same features as WB's.
Remember you can make a theme with a percentage battery at UOT kitchen or use one of the other mods or themes around if you have issues.

*Note-You will not need to mount anything special when installing these. Flash as a custom zip in xrecovery as you normally would.
Zipaligned,for her pleasure.:p

Grey Battery Icon with Percentage

Flash as a custom zip with xrecovery
Download: WB_v6_GreyBattery.zip
PLEASE remember to back up your phone before installing!!

Grey Super Circle with Percentage

Download: WB_v6_GreyCircle.zip

Other versions reported working:Here

Icons are from Fightspit's thread and UOTK
Thanks to MrRusch & _calum_ for doing this originally
Thanks Frosty666 for initial screens & testing
Thanks to 10asseye & zorglub08 for the icon fix & keeping up with this when I wasn't.
Hit "Thanks" if you use it :)

Last edited:

Frosty666

May 10, 2011
Perth
Great work, we needed something like this. The default battery icon is useless.
I'm just backing up and downloading now. I will report back in about 10 minutes with the results. I'm using Wolfs's 2.3.3.

EDIT:
Works fine on Wolfs 2.3.3. Only one small bug; when charging, on the lock screen where it displays the battery level, the icon is slightly cut off at the top and bottom. No biggie though. Good work AyDee.
Screenshots are attached.

Attachments

• snap20110731_134336.jpg
    snap20110731_134336.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 11,191
  • snap20110731_134435.jpg
    snap20110731_134435.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 2,112
Last edited:

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Great, thanks for confirming! Between my daughter's birthday and other stuff I haven't had a second to sit down & flash the SE 2.3 yet.. :eek: Tomorrow!!
I will fix the icons that are cut off and make an xrecovery zip soon.
And hopefully we'll see some themes pop up in the next few days using this :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Frosty666

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
Could you provide another link please, I cannot access this one at all! Thanks aydee

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

KnightLee

Oct 25, 2010
Handset will reboot while you long press the power button to invoke the power menu with Wolfbreak's GB_V06.

LCS2011

Jul 30, 2011
I have installed new Wolf firmware 006 and this Battery Mod crashes when you press power button.

I was loving this circle mod until I started to investigate (why crashes with Wolf Mod) and If I can solve it and I found A VERY STRANGE THING (for me):

Can you tell me why do a battery mod that only changes Notification Icons does need ALL this strange permissions?:

*Your Personal Information: read contact data, read user defined diccionary, write contact data

*Services that cost you money: directly call phone numbers

*Your messages: modify Gmail, read Gmail

*Your location: coarse network/gps location

*Network communication: control near field communication, create Bluetoot connections, full internet access

*Your accounts: use te authentication credentials of an account

*Phone Calls: read phone state and identity

*Hardware controls: change your audio settings, record audio

*Systems tools: bluetoot admin, change Wifi state, change UI settings, disable keylock, modify global system settings, mount and unmount filesystems, prevent phone from sleeping, write access point name settings, write sync settings.

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
I fixed the charging/low battery icons, one pixel line was cut at the bottom.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8AA2A2DP (png only, if anyone wants to update: open framework-res.apk with winrar, drag the png to system/framework/drawable-hdpi, select "store", close)

Last edited:
Reactions: AyDee

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
I have installed new Wolf firmware 006 and this Battery Mod crashes when you press power button.

I was loving this circle mod until I started to investigate (why crashes with Wolf Mod) and If I can solve it and I found A VERY STRANGE THING (for me):

Can you tell me why do a battery mod that only changes Notification Icons does need ALL this strange permissions?:

*Your Personal Information: read contact data, read user defined diccionary, write contact data

*Services that cost you money: directly call phone numbers

*Your messages: modify Gmail, read Gmail

*Your location: coarse network/gps location

*Network communication: control near field communication, create Bluetoot connections, full internet access

*Your accounts: use te authentication credentials of an account

*Phone Calls: read phone state and identity

*Hardware controls: change your audio settings, record audio

*Systems tools: bluetoot admin, change Wifi state, change UI settings, disable keylock, modify global system settings, mount and unmount filesystems, prevent phone from sleeping, write access point name settings, write sync settings.
WTH are you talking about? How are you even trying to install this? If you are trying to install framework-res.apk with an app installer it won't work. Framework-res.apk may need those permissions since it tells the ui how to behave for all of those actions but I honestly have never dealt with permissions when installing.
Handset will reboot while you long press the power button to invoke the power menu with Wolfbreak's GB_V06.
Haven't updated to 006 but this had been working fine on WB 005 for me. Will update & investigate.
I fixed the charging/low battery icons, one pixel line was cut at the bottom.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8AA2A2DP (png only, if anyone wants to update: open framework-res.apk with winrar, drag the png to system/framework/drawable-hdpi, select "store", close)
Awesome, got your PM & I'll update soon.

I originally made this since UOT Kitchen was down and there was no circle battery mod out yet. I will continue to update it to make it easy to just download & install, but remember you can make a theme with a percentage battery at UOT kichen or use one of the other mods or themes around if you have issues.
Cheers!

*Edit- There is a fix for Wolfbreak's 006 rom, see OP

Last edited:

LCS2011

Jul 30, 2011
Yes i did installed with xrecovery in update 005. But when I've installed firm 006 at first circle battery wasn't functioning so i tryed to extract it and install the apk only to check if that helped and this permissions issue came up... I really dont like that this mod has all this permissions.

Sent from my Xperia X10 using XDA Premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok,
    Since people have had some problems with losing reboot options, xloud, etc. from flashing older packages I am going to remove them & make this thread exclusively for Wolfbreak's 2.3.3 rom v6 (or latest). As of now it is the rom I use and the only one I can test properly and guarantee working. I am only including the framework-res.apk in these zips and not framework.jar or android.policy.jar, etc. so they will not add functionality to other roms and will only work with roms that share the same features as WB's.
    Remember you can make a theme with a percentage battery at UOT kitchen or use one of the other mods or themes around if you have issues.

*Note-You will not need to mount anything special when installing these. Flash as a custom zip in xrecovery as you normally would.
    Zipaligned,for her pleasure.:p

Grey Battery Icon with Percentage

Download: WB_v6_GreyBattery.zip

Grey Super Circle with Percentage

Download: WB_v6_GreyCircle.zip

Other versions reported working:Here

Icons are from Fightspit's thread and UOTK
    Thanks to MrRusch & _calum_ for doing this originally
    Thanks Frosty666 for initial screens & testing
    Thanks to 10asseye & zorglub08 for the icon fix & keeping up with this when I wasn't.
    Hit "Thanks" if you use it :)
    This is now flashable via xrecovery.
    Also, the lockscreen images should be fixed.
    Sorry for the double-post... Cheers!
    Great work, we needed something like this. The default battery icon is useless.
    I'm just backing up and downloading now. I will report back in about 10 minutes with the results. I'm using Wolfs's 2.3.3.

EDIT:
    Works fine on Wolfs 2.3.3. Only one small bug; when charging, on the lock screen where it displays the battery level, the icon is slightly cut off at the top and bottom. No biggie though. Good work AyDee.
    Screenshots are attached.
    Yes i did installed with xrecovery in update 005. But when I've installed firm 006 at first circle battery wasn't functioning so i tryed to extract it and install the apk only to check if that helped and this permissions issue came up... I really dont like that this mod has all this permissions.

Sent from my Xperia X10 using XDA Premium
    *Sigh*:rolleyes: then don't use it if you don't understand my explanation...
    Any framework-res modded or not will need these permissions (even the one in the original rom). It is a system apk and needs this access to work... You may as well never theme your phone at all, as all themes will include a framework-res with these permissions, just no one is trying to install them manually because that won't work.

BTW,there is a fixed version in the OP now for 006. I had no hand in making that one and it will have the same permissions...