Fusion Q&A

Search This thread

DaNaRkI

Apr 28, 2011
???
Got the phone to flash the ROM but I cannot access any feature on the phone because I get an error message about how the process android.process.media has stopped.

Sounds like a bad flash, try again. Maybe need to re-download it...

Also, be aware that our build of ICS is not really a "finished version" we are working off CM9 who considers their ROM to only be in the alpha stage of development.

Could this be caused by trying to flash a different theme? I remembered that I tried HoneySmoke.

??? but that's not an ICS theme... if you mean before trying to load ICS then it does not matter what ROM or theme was running prior.

@aahl - I for one at am a loss... It turns on and functions to the point of displaying the "failed flash" screen, so there is a fix. Sadly thanks to Samsung and their "top notch" quality control we don't have any universal easy to perform fix. Maybe AdamOutler can give you better instructions, no one understands early stages of boot-up better then him.

Last edited:

captican

Feb 26, 2011
Wrong Baseband?

??? but that's not an ICS theme... if you mean before trying to load ICS then it does not matter what ROM or theme was running prior.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I realized that I selected it from a post that was pre-ICS.

Maybe you can answer this one, however, if I flashed using AtomicFusion Odin, wiped data, did a factory reset, and formatted the system using CWM, shouldn't my broadband be something other than I9000ugk3, i.e. shouldn't it be i897...? What is the next step from here?

aalh

Dec 24, 2010
Athens
just tried to flash BoogsKH3 kernel and sat at the ATT screen for 15min
then I pulled the battery went back into download and flashed atomicfusion-kf1-kernel_4_Nuclear

still stuck at ATT screen

where can I find the stock F_CM9 kernel?
all I find is boot.img in the rom zip, not a zimage

yes I realize now, those arent ICS kernels

Last edited:

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
You have to start back at step 1.
I'm sorry to hear your misfortune.
You will have to Odin the boot image and the captivates pit won't know what to do with it.
So I image it will fail.
As far as I know the only way to apply the boot image is to flash via cwm.
And from what you say I take it you don't have cwm recovery avalible.

i897 on ICS special edition using tapatalk.

aalh

Dec 24, 2010
Athens
You have to start back at step 1.
I'm sorry to hear your misfortune.
You will have to Odin the boot image and the captivates pit won't know what to do with it.
So I image it will fail.
As far as I know the only way to apply the boot image is to flash via cwm.
And from what you say I take it you don't have cwm recovery avalible.

you are correct
but
I DO have a jig, so getting to download mode is no sweat

bonefan03

Jun 30, 2010
Quick question guys, I recently made the jump to fused ICS about two days ago. Since then I have been prompted by the market to download the new version of apex launcher. I'm assuming since it replaces a system file I will also lose the fusion theme. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

DaNaRkI

Apr 28, 2011
???
Quick question guys, I recently made the jump to fused ICS about two days ago. Since then I have been prompted by the market to download the new version of apex launcher. I'm assuming since it replaces a system file I will also lose the fusion theme. Any thoughts?

Can't. The launcher in fusion is themed meaning it will have a signature conflict. either go into the launcher options and turn off the setting to check, or look through the main thread for updates.

leaked from my ICS- FUSED SGS I897 contaminating you via XDA app.

Reactions: bonefan03

bonefan03

Jun 30, 2010
Thanks, I figured but thought would ask. Since this rom is considered AOSP would attempting to theme it be a time consuming task, meaning is it different from GB so much so that you would need different tools?

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
Thanks, I figured but thought would ask. Since this rom is considered AOSP would attempting to theme it be a time consuming task, meaning is it different from GB so much so that you would need different tools?

Trully its cm9 based.
Same tools just a different ballgame.
And yes....very time consuming.
Fusion took over three weeks to theme.

TheCollectives' SolarisPrime on my i717 via Tapatalk

bonefan03

Jun 30, 2010
cm9 based. . I should have guessed that. Anyway, I'm trying to read up on xml editing and theming. could I have your permission to take look at the files just so I can start looking at how different it is from stock.

rquiett

Jan 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
cm9 based. . I should have guessed that. Anyway, I'm trying to read up on xml editing and theming. could I have your permission to take look at the files just so I can start looking at how different it is from stock.

Well I'm not Johnson but I doubt you would cause any harm in looking at the files that's how most of us got a start. As long as you aren't grabbing edits that were made and claiming as your own I think you will be fine

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

bonefan03

Jun 30, 2010
Of course, I just want to take a look and try to understand this stuff. been reading some guides but I need to look at some solid comparisons. By the way u guys do amazing work, I would feel absolutely terrible if anyone was trying to take credit for your work. I hope to learn enough to one day do the same for others, who knows maybe offer some help to The Collective ;-)

rquiett

Jan 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
If you need any help feel free to pm me and i can pass on what i know or jump on palringo and I'm sure someone on the team could help you

Reactions: bonefan03

bones2116

Mar 7, 2011
MMS

I am on the ICS beta and I am unable to send any picture msgs. I have check my APN settings and they are correct and also swapped out my sim card with a different one just incase it was that but still no luck in sending. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
I am on the ICS beta and I am unable to send any picture msgs. I have check my APN settings and they are correct and also swapped out my sim card with a different one just incase it was that but still no luck in sending. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

What pic size do you have the camera set at? Are you using the stock SMS/mms app? If so it could be that they are simply too big and time out as that app may not resize them. I switched to handscent a while back and it will auto resize them.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

bones2116

Mar 7, 2011
What pic size do you have the camera set at? Are you using the stock SMS/mms app? If so it could be that they are simply too big and time out as that app may not resize them. I switched to handscent a while back and it will auto resize them.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

I thought of the size too and changed it to the lowest and it still just says sending. I also downloaded handsent and tried that with the same results.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well I'm not Johnson but I doubt you would cause any harm in looking at the files that's how most of us got a start. As long as you aren't grabbing edits that were made and claiming as your own I think you will be fine

Vol up + power = recovery
    Vol down + power = download.
    For I9000 gingerbread bootloaders...
    Does this q&a serve AtomicFision also. As the same dev services both?
    If so can Zelendel please change the op to state as such?
    Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
    A quick question, if anybody's willing to answer.

Last I knew CM7 runs off of a different system structure so things can get messy.

Since it is sometimes a good measure to Odin/Heimdall for a clean slate, just look for our AF 1.0 Odin. It's a one-click so there's not much to worry.

leaked from my FUSED SGS I897 contaminating you via XDA app.
    I understand just wondering if montage or guilder hammer was coming sometime in the distant future

Just keep dropping hints to Ruger, he'll get it to ya.

If we don't have to change framework / build then it'll happen sooner. But those changes usually include improvements in stability or functionality, so we have a tradeoff...

leaked from my FUSED SGS I897 contaminating you via XDA app.