[xKERNEL|ICS&JB|27/11] xKernel v9.587-D | another version that not released

Should I Continue Maintaining xKernel for Ray, What Say You?

• No. You done enough

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • Yes you should

Votes: 273 92.2%
  • Not necessary

Votes: 11 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
like i said to JJ .. love to tortured your passion ahaha :p

EDIT: so what you guys think, is it my kernel ready for SE Official ICS? ;)

Well imho 2.5.1 is perfect i think ;) haven't tried 3.0.1 though. Have no computer around to flash it. :( need to go home and flash it.

You're right sirkay, better to hold your kernel and test it thoroughly yourself. To be honest even without your v3, I like the fact that 2.5.1 is perfect, if not flawless. Have I not read your kernel updates this morning, ill be rolling faster than today with v2.5.1.. :( well im a human.. so hard to resist.. :eek:

sent from my white ray using XDA App :)

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
then i need to update link for v3.0.2? :p already got standby version just incase v3.0.1 doesnt give good performance. huhu.. i like to read feedback from you guys :D

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

MegaWath

Feb 5, 2012
Naples
Yesterday I've gone from Naples to Berlin with the plane, so I turned off my ray with the flight-mode activated..... Now I just can't turn on my phone (it go in loop: after SONY, XPERIA is displayed and the phone reboot)

Now I have re-installed ICS and goes normally.. It's a kernel or ICS (that is a beta) issue?

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
I am having some troubles with the zram. It is installing on some roms and not on others. In the ones where it installs I see a 14zram script in /system/etc/init.d and I can see see the swap being populated. When it doesn't install, I don't see the script and the size of the swap stays 0. It doesn't seem to depend on init.d support as the ROMs that don't install the zram run init.d scripts. (I use the test script of Iridaki for this).....I was wondering if I could just put the 14zram script from a "working" rom into the ones that don't work...or if it is more complicated than this. More importantly, there is a 10% loss in performance (Quadrant scrore) when zram is activated....you can get some of the performance back by using really aggressive LMK settings...but this is because you end up writing to the zram partition much less (at least there is less information stored there)....so is there an easy way to inactivate zram and have the inactivatation stick through reboots?

Kernels Tested:
xray_v2.5.img
xray_v2.5.1.img
xray_v3.0.1.img

ROMs Tested:
KA12 (zram -)
KA11 (zram +)
KA10 (zram +)
Unofficial Miui (zram -)

kizsleg

Nov 29, 2011
phone still sleep well with 3.0.2. I cant even tell improvement now since 3.0.1 is ok. the only recognizable change is the Freq. table. Can you tell us the small fixed you've made with .2 so that we can monitor it?

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
phone still sleep well with 3.0.2. I cant even tell improvement now since 3.0.1 is ok. the only recognizable change is the Freq. table. Can you tell us the small fixed you've made with .2 so that we can monitor it?

fix for freq table, before this 134mhz was unused even we set it as min no matter what gov we used.

pc companion and android commander can not see my ray as sony device, i'm now on jj's hybrid, is it kernel or rom dependent?

Edit:i managed to get rid of the problem after edititng build.prop and changing to st18i everywhere possible, but still is it kernel or rom dependent?

Last edited:

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
fix for freq table, before this 134mhz was unused even we set it as min no matter what gov we used.

I think i'll settle with 3.0.1 one sirkay, great performance is back again. and i agreed more to stay with FXP freq table. It is because it is quite similar with out of the box freq table. and so far haven't had issue with setXperia when joined with 3.0.1 freq table. (2.5.1 still crashes setXperia app, don't know why). Thanks!

UPDATE: some random wakelock is happening again.. :( Sigh.. Market is already updated automatically to 3.5.16 though, Just've been downloading the latest setXperia app.

UPDATE 2: Weird, because wakelock only happens after toggling Off Wifi at the first time. when i switch it on and off again, it is fixed.. Umm.. still clueless about that.. :( should i go to 3.0.2 then..?

Last edited:

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
I am having some troubles with the zram. It is installing on some roms and not on others. In the ones where it installs I see a 14zram script in /system/etc/init.d and I can see see the swap being populated. When it doesn't install, I don't see the script and the size of the swap stays 0. It doesn't seem to depend on init.d support as the ROMs that don't install the zram run init.d scripts. (I use the test script of Iridaki for this).....I was wondering if I could just put the 14zram script from a "working" rom into the ones that don't work...or if it is more complicated than this. More importantly, there is a 10% loss in performance (Quadrant scrore) when zram is activated....you can get some of the performance back by using really aggressive LMK settings...but this is because you end up writing to the zram partition much less (at least there is less information stored there)....so is there an easy way to inactivate zram and have the inactivatation stick through reboots?

Kernels Tested:
xray_v2.5.img
xray_v2.5.1.img
xray_v3.0.1.img

ROMs Tested:
KA12 (zram -)
KA11 (zram +)
KA10 (zram +)
Unofficial Miui (zram -)

ive put script in ramdisk. if you want to, you can put that script in init.d. test performance before and after u put that 14zram

kizsleg

Nov 29, 2011
Originally Posted by kizsleg

now i see. maybe thats the reason why im now hearing some skips when playing audio.

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
I think i'll settle with 3.0.1 one sirkay, great performance is back again. and i agreed more to stay with FXP freq table. It is because it is quite similar with out of the box freq table. and so far haven't had issue with setXperia when joined with 3.0.1 freq table. (2.5.1 still crashes setXperia app, don't know why). Thanks!

UPDATE: some random wakelock is happening again.. :( Sigh.. Market is already updated automatically to 3.5.16 though, Just've been downloading the latest setXperia app.

UPDATE 2: Weird, because wakelock only happens after toggling Off Wifi at the first time. when i switch it on and off again, it is fixed.. Umm.. still clueless about that.. :( should i go to 3.0.2 then..?

i used 3.0.2, using wifi and phone still able to go into deep sleep.

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
i used 3.0.2, using wifi and phone still able to go into deep sleep.
Are you using Samba and PlayStore 3.5.16? My wakelocks only happened on the first time turning on wifi though. after toggling onoff again, it does not wakelock anymore..

Well anyway i'll try the 3.0.2 then. Hope it will cure the problem.

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
I am using 3.0.2 for last4-5 hrs... Only once had prob of phone not sleeping.. I rebooted and it got back to action.. deep sleep working fine afterwards...

There is a prob with some governors... Smartassv2 never goes to minimum,, it stays at 406+ while I select Ondemand it quickly returns to 134mhz...

Going fine and smooth so far.. just going to turn off wifi , then going to sleep... will see what happens to battery in next 5-6 hrs...

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

and a Small token of appreciation.... keep up the good work...;)

3D910666BU018171W

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
Are you using Samba and PlayStore 3.5.16? My wakelocks only happened on the first time turning on wifi though. after toggling onoff again, it does not wakelock anymore..

Well anyway i'll try the 3.0.2 then. Hope it will cure the problem.

still have samba installed but barely used since always got usb connected to flash new kernel. for Play Store yes i used to download apps update.
ive just tested online using wifi. toggle off, and let the phone for 30sec. check cpuspy, phone in deep sleep

I am using 3.0.2 for last4-5 hrs... Only once had prob of phone not sleeping.. I rebooted and it got back to action.. deep sleep working fine afterwards...

There is a prob with some governors... Smartassv2 never goes to minimum,, it stays at 406+ while I select Ondemand it quickly returns to 134mhz...

Going fine and smooth so far.. just going to turn off wifi , then going to sleep... will see what happens to battery in next 5-6 hrs...

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

and a Small token of appreciation.... keep up the good work...;)

3D910666BU018171W

i used SmartassV2 also .. its maintain at 306Mhz. but when i turn off screen, it used 134MHz

neway, thanks for the Small token of appreciation. i appreciate that :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Rechargelegend

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
still have samba installed but barely used since always got usb connected to flash new kernel. for Play Store yes i used to download apps update.
ive just tested online using wifi. toggle off, and let the phone for 30sec. check cpuspy, phone in deep sleep

i used SmartassV2 also .. its maintain at 306Mhz. but when i turn off screen, it used 134MHz

neway, thanks for the Small token of appreciation. i appreciate that :D

Well, after using the 3.0.2, WiFi wakelock is fixed yet again :) will report back.

Btw, seems like setXperia app is a bit incompatible with smartassv2. Always crashed when using that governor. Reset data with TB, using ondemand and no error anymore.

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
Well, after using the 3.0.2, WiFi wakelock is fixed yet again :) will report back.

Btw, seems like setXperia app is a bit incompatible with smartassv2. Always crashed when using that governor. Reset data with TB, using ondemand and no error anymore.

so u think my kernel ready for Official ICS? its almost 2weeks since u gave me timeframe to made a better kernel for Official ICS :cool:

Reactions: hansip87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ## xKERNEL##
    First Thing First: How To Install Custom Kernel
    1) You need to UNLOCK BOOTLOADER using one of these method. I'm NOT responsible of what you've decide. Please follow instruction carefully.
    -> S1tool
    -> Sony Mobile - Unlock Bootloader
    2) Get this awesome tool called Flashtool and install. Dont forget to install usb drivers from "Drivers" folder too.
    3) I assume you have download one of my kernel. Get into Fastboot mode. How? Do i have to repeat how? Press "Volume Up" while connecting your USB cable. you'll see Blue led.
    4) Click "Flash" button on Flashtool, then select Fastboot Mode.
    5) Choose "Select Kernel to Flash" and find your saved kernel. I'm not gonna find it for you.
    6) Once completed, reboot device into system

THESE IS FINAL, NO LONGER MAINTAINED
    HTML:
    Those version below was a final version xKernel for Xperia Ray. I might on a new
    device next week due someone already booked my ray. Ive planned to give the
    last version using 4.1.B.0.587 but unfortunately source published by Sony was
    corrupted. Sorry guys, i cant afford to keep my ray. This is it.
    Thank you for using my kernel.

## KERNEL DOWNLOADS ## [ Share Folder - Most of Ray's Kernel ]

Build on early Oct [ xKernel v9.587-D ] - ICS Based Rom

23/09 [ xKernel v9.587-C ] - ICS Based Rom

18/08 [ Advanced Stock .587 ] - ICS Based Rom

15/08 [ xKernel Jelly Bean v1.0.2 ] - Jelly Bean 4.1.1
    - used gcc linaro version 4.6.2
    - USB OTG support
    - OLD: v1.0.1

15/08 [ xKernel v8.1a ] - ICS Based Rom
    - used GCC Linaro version 4.6.2
    - USB OTG support
    - OLD: v8.1

15/08 [ xKernel AOKP v3.1 ] AOKP Based Rom (NEED TESTER)
    - used gcc linaro version 4.6.2
    - USB OTG Support
    - wifi modules included

[ XRay V7.3.431 ] ICS 4.0.4 HOT STUFF
    - Build from 4.1.B.0.431 source

## SOLUTIONS ##
    [ POST #3 ] Graphic Performance
    [ For JJ's v2.0+ ] Install kernel with JJ's v2.0+. thank to justmpm
    [ POST #5 ] Zram script and Wifi Channel 12-14

UPDATES

// v9 - 587 source, increase mdp core clock for 720p, set 2D core clock
    // v8.0 | AOKP v3 - implemented BFS v0.318
    // AOKP v2.3.431a - vids record / playback fixed(?) - need tester
    // AOKP v2.3.431 - Built from 4.1.B.0.431 source
    // v7.3.562 - 4.1.A.0.562 source, added cleancache and zcache driver, the rest same with v7.3.431
    // v7.3.431 - 4.1.B.431 source, "use highest perf level when wake-up from sleep" patch, the rest remain the same as previous version
    // v7.2.6 - 2way call, patches kernel msg, patch smartassv2 gov & zram driver
    // Stock .431 - Stock Kernel from .431 ICS 4.0.4
    // v7 rev4 - Build from 4.1.H.0.4 (Play ICS Beta)
    // AOKP v2.2 - enabled zram, increased swap space to 90MB, added intellidemand & virtuous gov
    // v6.2.5 - increased swap space to 90MB, added Virtuous gov
    // v6.1.1 RER - "Reduced Energy Recovery" courtesy of justmpm
    // v6.1.1 - added gov: intellidemand
    // Xray AOKP - first attempt
    // v6 - Enhance from v5 with small fixes
    // v5 - Recovery USB Mount, enabled tun
    // Stock .562 Kernel - Recovery USB mount fixed
    // v4.0.1 - Disabled min/max freq set at boot, UV available
    // v4.0 - Beta tester: LZO compress/decompress, cleancache, new settings freq tables
    // v3.0.2 - small fixes for freq tables. used old freq table
    // v3.0.1 - small fixes for freq tables.
    // v3.0 - new freq table. based on FreeXperia (thanks to FXP)
    // v2.5.1 - added zram setting disksize to 125MB (see thumbnails)
    // v2.5.1 - edit wakelock for better sleep? (see thumbnails)
    // v2.5 - include ZRAM driver (thanks go DooMLoRD. told ya, too much to tell his contribution in android developement :) )
    // v2.5 - remain 1.6 as default kernel
    // v2.5 - edit wakelock.c source
    // to test call recording download rVoix.apk from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=993793
    // removed Xray1x4v2 from list - for those who wanna kernel OC/UV you can choose xray1x6v2, and for those who not OC/UV addict like me can choose xray1x0uv (the one am using right now)

BASEBAND COLLECTION
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0mesctfmxrdrz4a/DZmShwauxz

Code:
    ((( Special Thanks To Donators )))[[I]-$65 left for used Ray[/I]]
    [B]funiewski, jjdoctor, obaobaobaba, Paul, Mack, sucker for sony's, y.ueno, 
    Würl, blasioli, Cvetkov, Lukáš[/B]

((( All Credits Goes To )))

arcatarc - for finding Recovery with working usb mount
    FXP - for his kernel sources
    DooMLoRD - for bla bla bla bla .. too much contribution in Devlopement!!!
    erasmux - cpu governors and sources
    DooMLoRD / Team UtterChaos - for Fully Touch Recovery
    justmpm - help me alot with his overall test
    hansip87 - helping me find info "HOWTO" tutorial
    JJdoctor - Touch Rec button images
    Taverius - for tips?

GiT
    https://github.com/sirkay
    XRay v7.2.6 FW 4.1.H.0.4

[ XRay v7.2.6 ]
    - build from Play ICS Beta - 4.1.H.0.4 source
    - OC & UV available
    - new gov: intellidemand, virtuous, patched smartassv2
    - some patches from CodeAurora implemented (this for kernel messages)
    - heard that it has new adreno driver
    - patched ZRAM driver - thanks to show-p
    - fixed 2way call record
    - kernel build version in About Phone

NSTools: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333696
    - to manage various tweaks

tested for several days and definitely not let me down ;). i think this is it for now. if got 100 thanks for this post only, then i will consider to look out for updates my kernel. is it fair enough? :cool:
    XRay Kernel v7.3.431 - 4.1.B.0.431

[ XRay v7.3.431 ] - 4.1.B.0.431 source .
    - OC/UV (up to 1.6ghz / +-25mv)
    - gov: brazilianwax, smartassv2, interactivex, virtuous, intellidemand, lagfree
    - io: cfq, sio, vr, noop, deadline, anticipatory
    - support: ext3, ext4, swap, ntfs,
    - 2way call record
    - TUN enabled
    - ZRAM enabled
    - patches:
    -> msm: clean msm_pc_pm_pgd
    -> kgsl: Use highest performance level on wake-up from sleep"
    - used 4.1.B.0.431 urushi defconfig
    - highmem enabled

ZRAM driver fixed!. please re-download
    [SOLUTIONS]

[ SOLUTION: Graphic Performance ]

For those who using my kernel (ics beta kernel source build) may have some low performance in Official ICS (.562 FW). Trick to get better graphic performance :

1. Goto to Adreno Driver Thread by arcatarc
    2. Download GpuDriverICS_4.1.A.0.562.zip and put in your SD
    3. Flash OriginalAdrenoICSSony_4.1.A.0.562.zip using CWM.
    4. Booting up
    5. Enjoy some graphic improvement!

thanks to arcatarc for his update.zip
    and hansip87 for found solution
    please dont be lazy to hit the button for their effort.

[ SOLUTION: My Steps to prevent Superuser Issue in TB ]

Who has Superuser issue or Root Access after installing JJ's Rom, can try my steps. I never had issue with Superuser/Root Access after did these steps

Go to here --> #Solutions
    23/09 xKernel v9.587-C

xKernel v9.587-C [link1] [link2]
    • bluetooth patches from CAF
    • fix a race between hotplug and cpufreq
    • PM / Hibernate: make default image size 2/5 of available RAM
    • revert to BFQ v2, then switch to another version of BFQv2-r1

Note: this is the last updates from 587 source.