[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2spr [build 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Hmmm. Not experiencing any slowness from default kernel...

Although my 3g is crappy, which usually isn't but not blaming rom for sprint.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
There is definitely some lag w/ default kernel (at least in my experience) and I wiped absolutely everything (internal / external SD card included). Virtually lag-free with KT and smartassv2 governor though and so far no FCs and no reboots. Awesome ROM in my book :good:

life

Apr 19, 2011
Texas
armgaming.net
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]

There is definitely some lag w/ default kernel (at least in my experience) and I wiped absolutely everything (internal / external SD card included). Virtually lag-free with KT and smartassv2 governor though and so far no FCs and no reboots. Awesome ROM in my book :good:

As they say "no device is built the exact same".

thearch1tect

Aug 10, 2008
Houston Area

Anyone having issues with calls dropping? I'm at home sitting in one spot and got 3 bars but my calls keep dropping after 3-4 minutes. I can use my wife's phone just fine in the same position without issue so feel its a ROM issue.

Edit: running the ROM with ktoonez 2/7 kernel

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

VikingoRMCF

May 30, 2011

Not able to get to the website, is it down? uploadfromtaptalk1361071676994.jpg

life

Apr 19, 2011
Texas
armgaming.net

Anyone using the newest dark slim apps, try to do a voice search in Google now. Or a search in Google now (doesn't have to be voice) mine wouldn't search, voice search closed the app, and typing out my search force closed google search. I uninstalled google search with titanium backup, installed app from market to fix, it isn't black but it works now

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Sup guy/gals!

So you see we are still 4.2.1 we wanted to give a solid updated build for everyone then start the 4.2.2 merge. Any bugs found, you can report but with 4.2.2 getting merged they wont be looked into until this is done. And a whole new set of bugs will be born, lol.

Have a question about the Kernel...

I have been using CM kernel with a few tweaks to it, like OverClock, Fast Charge, nothing to crazy. How many use the included kernel, or does most of you flash KT or Lean kernels? Reason I am asking is I am probably going to start supporting Galaxy Tab 2 and to keep up with the d2 device, and the added tablets, the kernel project would be the first place I can find extra time if I removed it. The stock CM kernel would be included, still compiled with linaro tool chain, just no OverClock or Fast Charge, these can be had from KT and Lean kernels though.

Thoughts???

you will find a new feature, even though this was released on 2 roms before we released with this 1.0 stable, they are a slim rom original :good:

surepy7y.jpg

eltrutgnik

Jun 18, 2010
CA

Anybody else having trouble with the camera freezing up after couple pictures, then not being able to connect after that. I'm on the latest build. Using slimgapps

life

Apr 19, 2011
Texas
armgaming.net

Sup guy/gals!

So you see we are still 4.2.1 we wanted to give a solid updated build for everyone then start the 4.2.2 merge. Any bugs found, you can report but with 4.2.2 getting merged they wont be looked into until this is done. And a whole new set of bugs will be born, lol.

Have a question about the Kernel...

I have been using CM kernel with a few tweaks to it, like OverClock, Fast Charge, nothing to crazy. How many use the included kernel, or does most of you flash KT or Lean kernels? Reason I am asking is I am probably going to start supporting Galaxy Tab 2 and to keep up with the d2 device, and the added tablets, the kernel project would be the first place I can find extra time if I removed it. The stock CM kernel would be included, still compiled with linaro tool chain, just no OverClock or Fast Charge, these can be had from KT and Lean kernels though.

Thoughts???

you will find a new feature, even though this was released on 2 roms before we released with this 1.0 stable, they are a slim rom original :good:

surepy7y.jpg

I always use included kernel, but with the extra devices your taking on, if the kernel is a problem to keep up with, scrap it. Whatever will make it easier on you and continues the awesome builds works for me

Reactions: cordell12

jayharper08

Retired Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Jan 7, 2008
The Dirty

I always use included kernel, but with the extra devices your taking on, if the kernel is a problem to keep up with, scrap it. Whatever will make it easier on you and continues the awesome builds works for me

Same here Cordell. I'm not a huge kernel switcher/user. I always use the provided kernel unless something is really borked. Whatever works easier for you sir.

--Jay-- Moderating from the Slimmed™ GSIII

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Cordell, no reason to support kernel development if you are taking on another device. Included kernel is fine, I am just a flashaholic that likes everything perfect (so to maximize battery life, I flash something like KT so I can underclock to 96 mhz on idle). I'm with the others here: whatever is easier for you and whatever you want to work on next :) Honestly, we are just fortunate that you are supporting this device.

On the same topic actually, is there any easy way to go back to the default SlimBean kernel other than reflashing the ROM? Like a flashable kernel zip? That would make it easy to swap out and test different kernels. Not asking you to make one, just asking if it already exists, thanks!

Last edited:

life

Apr 19, 2011
Texas
armgaming.net

Cordell, no reason to support kernel development if you are taking on another device. Included kernel is fine, I am just a flashaholic that likes everything perfect (so to maximize battery life, I flash something like KT so I can underclock to 96 mhz on idle). I'm with the others here: whatever is easier for you and whatever you want to work on next :) Honestly, we are just fortunate that you are supporting this device.

On the same topic actually, is there any easy way to go back to the default SlimBean kernel other than reflashing the ROM? Like a flashable kernel zip? That would make it easy to swap out and test different kernels. Not asking you to make one, just asking if it already exists, thanks!

Just dirty flash rom should work, right? Wiping only the caches which you would do for kernel anyway.

Tyzing

Jun 8, 2010
I cant get KT to install without bootloops...will not boot up at all...any help would be great.

Also, anyone having data issues? I cannot seem to pickup 3G when I leave wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    How To Install SlimBean
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog [here]

FAQ
    Check out our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place! Take a peek [here]

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look [here]

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits [here]

Source
    Please visit [here] for the source code.
    The feeling entitlement that some have is what ruins this whole thing called Android. Nothing discourages anyone more than some ass-hat posting some off the wall crap about what s/he wants, and wants it now. I had a guy tell me that I should manage my time more efficiently, rather than post in threads I should use that time to build Nightlies so he can keep up with CM Nightlies on Slim, WTF?

Anyway, maybe this will help lift some spirits, http://d-h.st/V9m <--- Linaro built kernel inside :silly:
    Got a PM the other day, I have been approved for RD status, go me! LOL

Thanks for all the help/feedback/testing, I couldnt do it without you guys!

For those who are curious about the 3.4 kernel, build4 will be the 3.4 kernel, it is now stable enough to put out in a build. the reason I stayed with the 3.0 is at the time of build3 release there were major issues with "freezes" on the 3.4 kernel. These are all gone now, and the phone call freeze, I haven't gotten one on 3.4 BUT, on the 3.0 kernel I have only gotten this once, so...