[Q] S-Pen Works on S5?

Search This thread
Playing around with Apex launcher on the new S5, tap+hold on homescreen>Shortcuts>Activities>Settings - expand the settings category and you can find references to S Pen settings. A whole slew of settings appear specifically for the S-Pen. Anyone know if the S-Pen works/will work on the S5?

I don't want to assume that just because the settings are there, it's supported by the device, but would be cool if it is!

tterb1980

Feb 16, 2012
This is a post from the Samsung Tomorrow Blog about some not so well known S5 features:

1. You can write on it with a Pencil

The touch sensor on the Galaxy S5 is so sensitive that it can even recognize it when you’re tapping, swiping or writing on it with a pencil.

To use your smartphone like this, go to Settings, then Display, and then tick the ‘Increase touch sensitivity’ feature or select ‘Touch sensitivity’ among the 22 quick menu icons by pulling down the status bar with two fingers. Now you can instantly send text messages, send files, and take pictures with your fingers, a gloved hand (which we’ve already introduced through the Galaxy S4 and Note 3), your fingernail or, that’s right, even a pencil!

- See more at: http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=35885#sthash.p06sB3st.dpuf

Hope that helps!!

jym1975

Mar 17, 2011
This is a post from the Samsung Tomorrow Blog about some not so well known S5 features:

1. You can write on it with a Pencil

The touch sensor on the Galaxy S5 is so sensitive that it can even recognize it when you’re tapping, swiping or writing on it with a pencil.

To use your smartphone like this, go to Settings, then Display, and then tick the ‘Increase touch sensitivity’ feature or select ‘Touch sensitivity’ among the 22 quick menu icons by pulling down the status bar with two fingers. Now you can instantly send text messages, send files, and take pictures with your fingers, a gloved hand (which we’ve already introduced through the Galaxy S4 and Note 3), your fingernail or, that’s right, even a pencil!

- See more at: http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=35885#sthash.p06sB3st.dpuf

Hope that helps!!

It really works very well!!

cerobles1

Sep 10, 2011
Riverview
What about the C-pen? I think it was for the Galaxy S3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Not sure if they make device specific s - pens but I can definitely confirm the s - pen for the note 3 DOES NOT work on the s5.

Same here...tried my wife's s - pen from her note 3 and it didn't work for me as well. What's so different about note 3 and s5? They are almost identical. Maybe different TW features? IDK.

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
The s-pen will not work on the s5 as it does not have the hardware required. The note series has another panel below the display that allows for magnetic (I think) vs static input.

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
If you have some broken headphones, you can use the 3.5mm plug on your s5. And since it's not super pointy you don't have to worry about scratching the screen.

Reactions: Factroyd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would like to know this as well. It would save me from having to carry an ink pen at work all the time if I could use it with S-Memo.
    Not sure if they make device specific s - pens but I can definitely confirm the s - pen for the note 3 DOES NOT work on the s5.

If you have some broken headphones, you can use the 3.5mm plug on your s5. And since it's not super pointy you don't have to worry about scratching the screen.