[Q] My Rezound is useless

Search This thread

S1ic3r

Apr 25, 2014
I got a rezound the other day from a friend of mine. I had it for maybe a couple hours when it shut down. I booted the phone back up and now all i get is the white htc screen. I have tried googling for the past couple days and have not been able to find any answers on how to fix this. I can get into the hboot and the cwm recovery i installed. The phone is s-on. when i get to the recovery and try to do any wiping of any form i get an error about not being able to mount anything whether it is cache, data, sd card. I just want to get the phone working I do not care if it ends up stock or not. can someone please help me?

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.28.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main:
INFOserialno: HT19VS220528
INFOimei: 990000336146164
INFOproduct: vigor
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8260
INFOmodelid: PH9810000
INFOcidnum: VZW__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3744mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: cecc19f7
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.515s

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
I got a rezound the other day from a friend of mine. I had it for maybe a couple hours when it shut down. I booted the phone back up and now all i get is the white htc screen. I have tried googling for the past couple days and have not been able to find any answers on how to fix this. I can get into the hboot and the cwm recovery i installed. The phone is s-on. when i get to the recovery and try to do any wiping of any form i get an error about not being able to mount anything whether it is cache, data, sd card. I just want to get the phone working I do not care if it ends up stock or not. can someone please help me?

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.28.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main:
INFOserialno: HT19VS220528
INFOimei: 990000336146164
INFOproduct: vigor
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8260
INFOmodelid: PH9810000
INFOcidnum: VZW__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3744mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: cecc19f7
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.515s
I had a similar problem where I could get into HBOOT but I was stuck at the HTC logo, only my SD card was able to be mounted. When you talk about the sd-card not being able to be mounted in the recovery,does that mean the internal SD card or an external (removable) SD card?

EDIT: Check your private messages, I sent you one with some instructions you could try following.

Last edited:

S1ic3r

Apr 25, 2014
I had a similar problem where I could get into HBOOT but I was stuck at the HTC logo, only my SD card was able to be mounted. When you talk about the sd-card not being able to be mounted in the recovery,does that mean the internal SD card or an external (removable) SD card?

EDIT: Check your private messages, I sent you one with some instructions you could try following.

I have tried what you sent me and even tried any other options I have found on the forums. When I try to do a factory reset or format anything like the cache or system it says e: cant mount /cache, etc.. When I connect the phone to the pc with it powered down it will charge and show in the storage management system but say the storage space is 0mb. It also shows 0mb in the TWRP recovery and when I try to boot or powerdown out of recovery it says No OS installed are you sure you want to reboot.

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
I have tried what you sent me and even tried any other options I have found on the forums. When I try to do a factory reset or format anything like the cache or system it says e: cant mount /cache, etc.. When I connect the phone to the pc with it powered down it will charge and show in the storage management system but say the storage space is 0mb. It also shows 0mb in the TWRP recovery and when I try to boot or powerdown out of recovery it says No OS installed are you sure you want to reboot.
I would say the only thing left to do would be to call Verizon and ask them about the issue, but they would honestly probably just tell you to replace the phone. Maybe you could look up what part of the phone contains all of the internal storage and look to buy a replacement part for that. There are some (I think chinese) stores out there that sell replacement parts for the Rezound. So once you find out what part has the internal storage on it see if you can replace that part by buying a new one.

Then again I am not even sure if they sell parts like that. I've only seen replacement parts for the touchscreen or USB connector, but I haven't looked in a while.

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Being S-ON, with the latest OTA firmware, and in this state, with what appears to be partitions corrupt or bad internal storage, is bad... real bad. The normal fix would be to RUU the device, but since there is no 4.5.605.14 RUU, you are kind of screwed.

Do you have working ADB? Hope so, because IF this is recoverable, it will be required...

The first thing I would recommend is download Amon Ra recovery, it is easy to find for the Rezound... then boot it with fastboot, DON'T FLASH IT now... Start Hboot (bootloader) and go to Fastboot, then connect USB cable. Now execute 'fastboot boot recovery.img' of Amon Ra, this will boot it temporarily without flashing anything. Now go to the Format section and there is an option towards the top called "Check FS Format", select that and it will do a check of all file system partitions currently mounted. If that fails to give any result or an error, let me know what it says.

S1ic3r

Apr 25, 2014
I was able to take the firmware.zip from the latest update and rename it oh98img.zip and it updated and worked. So simple but took me four days tofind. Thanx for the tips though!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

GIBson3

Oct 3, 2013
I was able to take the firmware.zip from the latest update and rename it oh98img.zip and it updated and worked. So simple but took me four days tofind. Thanx for the tips though!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

I'm curious as to what latest update you used, was it a stock dump, or one of the already rooted variants? I've been attempting to resurrect my Rezound for the better part of 3 months from the same issue and thus far have been unsuccessful in doing so (it's still S-ON and on 4.05 as well). :crying:

S1ic3r

Apr 25, 2014
It was a stock dump i believe. Unfortunately I dont remember where I got it from.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Free mobile app