Gear won't charge and won't turn on

Search This thread

Jaybenosa

Apr 11, 2011
So I haven't used my gear in about a month and I've been really interested in trying to new tizen os but when I tried to charge my gear, it doesn't do anything. I left it in the cradle over night hoping it would just eventually charge and turn on. That didn't work out so I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else on here and if so, how did you get it work? Any help would be great!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

nacron

Dec 30, 2005
Hawaii
So I haven't used my gear in about a month and I've been really interested in trying to new tizen os but when I tried to charge my gear, it doesn't do anything. I left it in the cradle over night hoping it would just eventually charge and turn on. That didn't work out so I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else on here and if so, how did you get it work? Any help would be great!!

Just revived mine after finding the charging cradle last night. Opened the gear (here's a how to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzGC0786U0&feature=kp) and then connected it to my computer and it started charging. I left it on the normal charger overnight and had no charge but now it's 8%. Going to restock it and flash tizen for more battery life.

Jaybenosa

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply @nacron I'll try that when I get home later!!! Lmk how tizen goes for you

nacron

Dec 30, 2005
Hawaii
BTW, you just want to take it apart to temporarily disconnect the battery from the main board, don't have to remove the camera connector, the battery is connected by 2 spring connectors

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Jaybenosa

Apr 11, 2011
So I get back home and for some reason I try to plug the gear into the charger and what do you know. It starts to charge!!! So I'm gonna let it fully charge over night and maybe flash the tizen os. I'm still on the fence about it though. Did you end up flashing tizen @nacron?

nacron

Dec 30, 2005
Hawaii
I had to flash tizen directly because Kies didn't have updates for both US and UK android. It's nice, battery is better. Arm gesture isn't as sensitive which helps I guess. No more swipe up or down to get camera and dialer, so I assigned camera to power button double tap

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk