[APP] [beta] Manila Language Manager 0.6 (Sense 2.1 / 2.5 not all builds)

Search This thread

smog

Mar 1, 2006
Napoli
Hi all,
I just wrote a small application to change manila language on the fly, don't know if any other application exist to accomplish this task but I was not able to find one so I decided to write my own. MLM connects to my server and checks which languages are available for a given manila build allowing you to:

- Download a language pack for a given manila/sense build
- Install the _manila files in windows directory
- Set the proper registry values

You can choose to execute the operations in separated steps since the language pack (about 50Kb each) are stored on the mobile after download. You can even work offline but only with the builds/languages you have already downloaded.

How to use it:

1) Check your manila build version (you can get it from settings tab => device information, software information)
2) Open Manila language manager
3) Click on "check avail build" from left menu key to fetch builds from server or from disk if you are working offline
4) Select your build and preferred language
5) Click on Go button.
6) Wait for manila to load

REMEMBER:
- Needs .net compact framework 3.5 to work
- Application is at a very early development stage, it works flawlessly on my touch hd (latest NRG rom) but I won't take any responsability in the event it messes up your windows mobile installation so use it at your own risk.

Any comment is appreciated

History:
v.0.6
-Minor bugfixing
v.0.5
-New feat.: Clean manila
v.0.4
-Auto restart manila after registry change
v.0.3
-Fixed exit menu not working
-New program icon
v.0.2
-Work offline option
v.0.1
-First release

Attachments

• MLMv0.5.cab
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,128
  • screen02lk.jpg
    screen02lk.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 16,408
  • screen03b.jpg
    screen03b.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 15,747
  • MLMv0.6.cab
    176.5 KB · Views: 5,870
Last edited:

smog

Mar 1, 2006
Napoli
todo:
- Auto detect manila version (hints are welcome)
- Managing other rom language files (not manila related)

Following language pack are confirmed to work for sense build 2.5.1921:
- Italian (0410 it-it)
- English (0409 en-us)
- Polish (0415 pl-pl)
- Norwegian (0414 nb-no)
- Spanish ()
- Dutch (0413 nl-nl) upd: 14/12
- German (0407 de-de)
- French (040C fr-fr)

Following language pack are confirmed to work for sense build 2.5.1920:

Following language pack are confirmed to work for sense build 2.1.1919:

Last edited:

infernozeta2

Mar 2, 2008
the sms notification no work if i change the language to spanish... :(
the rest work fine, thank you !.

sorry for my english :D

smog

Mar 1, 2006
Napoli
the sms notification no work if i change the language to spanish... :(
the rest work fine, thank you !.

sorry for my english :D

Could you explain better ? Not sure of what you are referring to but sms notification should be a system feature not manila, hence you cannot translate it using this application.

infernozeta2

Mar 2, 2008
if i change the manila language ( from english to spanish ) the sms notification does not work ( dont wake up my device and dont sound the alert ), if i change the manila language to english again, it works ok.

i mean :

english language ->> the alert sounds on new sms, and wake up the phone to view the incomming sms.

spanish language->> dont sound on new sms, dont wake up my device, only pressing the power buttom appear the new sms icon ( but no alert/sound/wake up/ nothing )

smogdragon

Feb 7, 2007
Really strange, I've checked all the files inside the language packs es-es, ca-es, es-es_tradnl and they are all about language translation, nothing else. I'll let you know as soon as I discover anything.

Last edited:

smog

Mar 1, 2006
Napoli
if i change the manila language ( from english to spanish ) the sms notification does not work ( dont wake up my device and dont sound the alert ), if i change the manila language to english again, it works ok.

i mean :

english language ->> the alert sounds on new sms, and wake up the phone to view the incomming sms.

spanish language->> dont sound on new sms, dont wake up my device, only pressing the power buttom appear the new sms icon ( but no alert/sound/wake up/ nothing )

According to what I am reading in the latest NRG rom thread, it seems to be a bug in the rom that occurs whenever you change the language code. It's not related to MLM, it would behave same way if you change the code manually in the registry.

Last edited:

smog

Mar 1, 2006
Napoli
Happy to see that it works for at least 3 people on 84 downloads :)
I'll try to keep the list updated for future builds. If anyone has valid sources for old manila builds (I need the manila OEMs to create the language packs) I will upload the languages on the server.

Last edited:

Derell

Sep 15, 2009
Sakskøbing
MLM Alpha0.3

Works great with Xannytechs Grid Evo 1.6 with build 28011 :D

Thx a lot for your great work :cool:

Last edited:

johnnychr

Mar 9, 2009
Athens
good job, it works fine.
I also have the problem with the sms notification though :S with the nrg rom.
Any1 found out any solution on this?

Semicuda

May 26, 2009
Koblenz
Since most ROMs are missing all but the WWE notifications files, changing the language will disable SMS sound and popup.
Take the files in the attached archive, rename them according to your MUI value, and copy to \Windows

@smog: could this be integrated into your app?

Attachments

• smsfix.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 471