[Q]How to install custom rom without softbrick

Search This thread

d0vada

Mar 22, 2012
Hello members,i have a problem :D. I bought a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 wifi (SM-T210) last week and i have rooted it + installed cwm and after i flash anything(custom lock screen or custom rom) the tablet gets soft bricked and the rom dont boot anymore,it enters automaticaly in cwm. So how can i fix it?

Hello members,i have a problem :D. I bought a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 wifi (SM-T210) last week and i have rooted it + installed cwm and after i flash anything(custom lock screen or custom rom) the tablet gets soft bricked and the rom dont boot anymore,it enters automaticaly in cwm. So how can i fix it?

Which recovery Version you are flashed on your tab?
And which root.zip you are used?

Flash Stockrom and try it again.

d0vada

Mar 22, 2012
Which recovery Version you are flashed on your tab?
And which root.zip you are used?

Flash Stockrom and try it again.

Im using the latest TWRP recovery 2.7.0.0 and for root i use a zip called universal root armeabi *smth like that*
I allready flashed the stockrom 3 times and i got the same result. also im using the T210XXANC2 firmware.

May 20, 2014
In CWM, wipe data and factory reset. Then go to Download mode, use Odin and flash your stock rom. That should do it.

May 20, 2014
i have rooted stock rom running with latest twrp but if i flash a custom rom it wont boot anymore, it gets softbricked but i dont know why.

What ROM are you trying to flash? You must have missed a step. Make sure you read the instructions carefully before doing anything and use a custom rom for your device. Try again. I'm also new to Android and has softbricked my tab a couple of times now. ;)

Go back to stock. Let your device boot completely. Install recovery again. Reboot again.

To make it easier, how about watching a video so you can see how it's done properly? It helped me a lot. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2459817

Good luck.

d0vada

Mar 22, 2012
What ROM are you trying to flash? You must have missed a step. Make sure you read the instructions carefully before doing anything and use a custom rom for your device. Try again. I'm also new to Android and has softbricked my tab a couple of times now. ;)

Go back to stock. Let your device boot completely. Install recovery again. Reboot again.

To make it easier, how about watching a video so you can see how it's done properly? It helped me a lot. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2459817

Good luck.

I want to flash seal rom. also, thanks for the links, i will check them later.

d0vada

Mar 22, 2012
Plesse,dont use TWRP , i prefere CWM or PhilzTouch,why : alot of user are have postet probs when they used TWRP.

Also i prefere after rooting The Blackhawk Kernel.

So i have flashed (again) the stock firmware from sammobile,i rooted it,installed cwm 6.0.4.7 and then i flashed SEAL rom v4 and its not working. Its like something that doesnt let custom rom boot on my tab. Sad part is that i cant provide a logcat because the android wont boot.

EDIT: Do i have to unlock the bootloader?

Last edited:
So i have flashed (again) the stock firmware from sammobile,i rooted it,installed cwm 6.0.4.7 and then i flashed SEAL rom v4 and its not working. Its like something that doesnt let custom rom boot on my tab. Sad part is that i cant provide a logcat because the android wont boot.

EDIT: Do i have to unlock the bootloader?

Last Try,
Have you flashed The Blackhawk Kernel?
If not , Boot Into recovery, make a full wipe, flash seal ,Blackhawk Kernel ,full wipe again and reboot.

If this all not help ,post your prob at The Rom Thread.

d0vada

Mar 22, 2012
Last Try,
Have you flashed The Blackhawk Kernel?
If not , Boot Into recovery, make a full wipe, flash seal ,Blackhawk Kernel ,full wipe again and reboot.

If this all not help ,post your prob at The Rom Thread.

I allready tried 3 roms(seal, 4.2.2 beta 2 and inspire) and all goes to the same result. Also, after installing the cwm i flash first the blackhawk kernel and android boots normally (stock rom with custom kernel) but custom rom with or without custom kernel wont boot.