How to root note 3 with 4.4.2

Search This thread

edkills

Nov 6, 2008
Hi I updated my phone to kitkat ota update and never had my phone rooted can I root it is my? Also the main reason I want root is that once you do the update you lose your tethrring capability . Any help will be appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
No root available yet. A search would have told you that.

Please remember to use the search function or Google before posting questions.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gearshift

Apr 2, 2014
Dallas, TX
Hi I updated my phone to kitkat ota update and never had my phone rooted can I root it is my? Also the main reason I want root is that once you do the update you lose your tethrring capability . Any help will be appreciated

If you took the OTA and are now on official kitkat (NC2), then as of now, there is no way for you to root. you would have had to have had root on jelly bean, then flash a pre-rooted kitkat custom rom in order to acheive kitkat root. furthermore, we are also currently blocked from downgrading back to JB either. So all you can do is wait a few days or so until a new developement is made

edkills

Nov 6, 2008
Thanks I appreciate your help

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
I don't understand why the ATT N3 Kitkat is so hard to root, because it is a niche so no Dev are willing to work on it? S5 and Z2 are not on the market yet, they have been rooted.

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
This thread is so deceiving. Every time I go pass it I say to myself. We got root already. Lol ?

kendellrt

Oct 5, 2012
I have the Note 3 N900A on NC2 and 4.4.2. Is there any way to downgrade to 4.3 again and root it using Klingo? Or, is there a stock ATT 4.3 ROM that can be flashed using Odin?

Dankchild

Nov 26, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA
I have the Note 3 N900A on NC2 and 4.4.2. Is there any way to downgrade to 4.3 again and root it using Klingo? Or, is there a stock ATT 4.3 ROM that can be flashed using Odin?

Dude... four posts above you...
f-p.gif

Reactions: macqueyl

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Just to confirm, but ALL versions of Jelly Bean for the ATT Note 3 are rootable? Every single last one of them, until we hit KK?

Blackmoses

Mar 6, 2013
If you took the OTA and are now on official kitkat (NC2), then as of now, there is no way for you to root. you would have had to have had root on jelly bean, then flash a pre-rooted kitkat custom rom in order to acheive kitkat root. furthermore, we are also currently blocked from downgrading back to JB either. So all you can do is wait a few days or so until a new developement is made

Thanks. I've been a member of this forum for a year and change but this is my first time posting. I just bought the Note3 and it came preloaded with KitKat 4.4.2 on ATT N900A. I previously had the S3 rooted and running Hyperdrive ROM for a while. Just a question, is there timetable as to when the root will be released by the Dev team? Thanks in advance.

BMoses

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks. I've been a member of this forum for a year and change but this is my first time posting. I just bought the Note3 and it came preloaded with KitKat 4.4.2 on ATT N900A. I previously had the S3 rooted and running Hyperdrive ROM for a while. Just a question, is there timetable as to when the root will be released by the Dev team? Thanks in advance.

BMoses

Yep as soon as someone figures it out it will be released

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

kendellrt

Oct 5, 2012
I've been gone for a bit due to illness and such, but was able to get my N990A rooted with Towelroot. I haven't been able to successfully find an explanation concerning a process for installing a custom recovery and ROM yet, though. I seen to search all through the forums here, but there are so many threads that I'm not sure which one to rely on for my needs. Because of the locked bootloader on this phone, is it still not possible to install a custom recovery and a custom ROM? If so, will someone please point me in the right direction so that I can figure out how to do it? I've only ever used TWRP and CWR. I've read about safestrap (I think it was), but I don't know anything about it. Sorry for the long post, but I'm a real newbie at this and want to learn everything I can. Help a n00b out, please?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dude... four posts above you...
    f-p.gif
    Just to confirm, but ALL versions of Jelly Bean for the ATT Note 3 are rootable? Every single last one of them, until we hit KK?

thats right