[webOS] [GUIDE] Overclock the HP Touchpad to 1.9Ghz

Search This thread

amirborna

Jun 19, 2008
This guide is outdated. Please refer to a newer guide
http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds

UPDATED TO OVERCLOCK TO 1.9Ghz on BOTH CORES on your HP Touchpad!

[Disclaimer : Currently unixPsycho's newest Kernel supports 1.9 but a lot of units so far freeze when trying to reach that amount. Please stay on 1.7Ghz for now until more information arrives :) . BTW 1.7Ghz PWNS!]
Reported : UnixPsycho's Kernel as of 8/27/11 sometimes does not overclock the second core. This is widespread and many experience this. An alternate Kernel to download is Warthog. Warthog's Kernel can do 1.7Ghz on both cores. If Unixpsycho's Kernel does not work correctly for you, you can simply uninstall it VIA preware, restart your HP touchpad, find and install Warthog's kernel via PREWARE, and restart your HP touchpad again. This could be good for you as well

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLG7nlh8-eg
The TEXT version of the guide below is much better. I recommend you try the text version of the guide, and if you get lost, try to watch the video. The video is not as clear as the text version :)

And as always, I will not be held responsible for any damages that may occur from the usage of any of the information provided by this guide. The HP Touchpad is very difficult to brick and even then HP WebOS Doctor usually takes care of it. Just be careful and follow instructions. And also, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen :p

hp-touchpad-news1.jpg

Overclocking your HP Touchpad
  • Relatively safe to do
  • No noticeable effect on battery (stock usually pulls 550mah and 1.5ghz is pulling like 565mah.
  • Touchpad becomes incredibly fast, fluid, responsive, and is a joy to use
  • No heat created
  • Overclocks both cores
  • Feels like you have next generation hardware after the overclock
  • Smooth like butter

663.gif
INSTRUCTIONS
663.gif

To make this as easy as possible, I will go step by step, every little thing you need to do. It seems like a lot but I get very detailed ;)

1. Update your webOS to the latest version. Latest version is : 3.0.2
    Bring up your menu > settings > System Updates > make sure it is fully updated
  2. Connect your HP touchpad to your computer VIA USB. Make sure "USB Drive" mode is not activated. You want to only be on CHARGE mode. Click the USB icon on top and get out of USB Drive mode if it is in USB drive mode
  3. Now, on the HP Touchpad's main screen, you will see a search box in the top middle of your screen. Inside of it, it says "Just type..." ... Inside of this box, type in the following using the on screen keyboard : webos20090606 . Now tap ON and turn it on. It will now ask you for a password. DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING IN THE PASSWORD FIELD. Leave it blank. Failure to do this will lead you to using webOS Doctor to fully reset your HP Touchpad!
  4. Now it is time to install HP webOS Quick Install. Click here to install WebOS Quick Install.
    This is a .jar file. It requires java to already be installed on your computer. IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT, click this link to install java.
  5. Make sure your HP Touchpad is not in USB Drive mode. If it isn't, webOS Quick Install will quickly install a driver for your HP Touchpad. Allow it to do this. After installing the driver, WebOS Quick Install will now recognize your device. To know it is recognized, under "Device", "HP Touchpad" will be greyed out. Use this picture as a reference.
    If HP Touchpad is not showing up try these : Restart your computer, double check to make sure you are not in USB Drive mode, and then ultimately try a different USB Port on your computer and recheck all the connections
    Now hit the Globe Icon on the WebOS Quick Install program on your computer. This will bring up a bunch of applications that you can install. Search for PREWARE under the application list. High-lite it and click on the Install button.
  6. Now grab your HP Touchpad, open up your applications menu and click on Downloads tab at the top, and search for PREWARE.
    Icon_Preware.png
    . Now with PREWARE open, tab PREWARE on top. On the drop down menu, choose Manage Feeds.

At the bottom of this menu, you will see NEW FEED. There are a few things you want to add here. You will need to type the name of the feed EXACTLY like how it is below. Also, you want to add the URL EXACTLY the same as well.

Lets start with the first one.

Name: webos-testing-all
    URL:
    Code:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all
    Leave the IS COMPRESSED toggled on.

Once everything is typed in perfectly, hit ADD FEED. It may ask you a disclaimer. Choose wisely. Once you have added the first one, now it is time to add the second one.

Name: webos-testing-armv7
    URL:
    Code:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7

Again it might give you a disclaimer. Choose wisely. Now when you have added these two feeds, go back to the main page of the PREWARE application using the back arrow. Now hit List Everything from the main menu options.
    You want to find and download Govnah. You may need to scroll down a bit to find this. If you cannot find it, use the magnifying glass on the top right hand corner to type out Govnah. When you find Govnah, hit Install

Allow Govnah to install. Once it has installed, hold down the power button on your HP Touchpad and once prompted, hit Device Restart
  7. Once the device has restarted, open up PREWARE. Lets add another feed. If you do not know how to add another feed, re-read the previous steps on how to add another feed.

Those using experimental kernels *must* follow the 6 rules at Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Name: webos-kernels-testing
    URL:
    Code:
    http://preware.is.awesome.com/

Now hit add feed. It may give you the disclaimer just like before. Choose wisely. NOW BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, A RESTART IS REQUIRED. Hold down the power button until prompted for a restart and allow the Touchpad to restart.
  8. Once the touchpad has restarted, open up Preware again. Now tap PREWARE on the top left corner of the application, and then hit "Update Feeds". Allow PREWARE to update its feeds.
    If this fails or has any errors, you either mistyped the name, the URL, or did not immediately restart after adding a new feed. Follow directions!
  9. After it has finished updating the feeds, on the main menu of PREWARE, tab List of Everything. Under List of Everything , find F15C Eagle (Touchpad). This is the Kernel that you will use to overclock your HP Touchpad. You are almost done! Install this kernel. After installing, IMMEDIATELY restart your HP Touchpad!
  10. Once your HP Touchpad is restarted, you should be overclocked!

Now through the app called Govnah which you already installed, you can modify your clock rating on your processor and other settings that can significantly improve your performance. For the sake of this guide, we will leave these settings alone to prevent harm to our HP Touchpads
    winking0066.gif
    . I strongly recommend you NOT to mess with any settings inside of Govnah.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
In case of Emergency or failure to follow instructions...If you brick your HP Touchpad, have no fear, HP WebOS Doctor is here!

It is very difficult to brick webOS on the HP Touchpad. But incase things go bad, you should be able to easily fix it!
webOS doctor can fix virtually any problem you may cause to your HP touchpad. If things go wrong, follow these steps.
webOS Doctor is not necessary to overclock the HP Touchpad, it is simply a fix if things go wrong
https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/console/pages/LoginPage.iface
-From there, go to device options, and select webOS doctor. Once it's downloaded, run the program with your -fully charged- touchpad plugged into the -computer and like magic you will be back up and running!

More on recovery. If you are stuck in a loop or need a restart, try reading this : http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Cool so you have an overclocked HP Touchpad! Awesome job! Now here are a few other things you can do to really make it fly!

You can find these using the PREWARE application. Check under "List Everything"

• Ad Blocker - Helps remove ads from your web browser. *warning, do not download more than 1 Ad-Blocker.
  • Remove Tap Ripple - Removes the tap ripple. Actually speeds up your Touchpad a little.
  • Increase Touchpad Volume - This can boost your Touchpad's volume a bit. NOT RECOMMENDED if you wish to retain speaker quality and longevity.
  • Advanced Reset Options - Gives you more reset options like "Restart Luna"
  • Faster Card Animations Hyper Version - Greatly increases the animations of your home screen cards. It makes a huge difference!
  • Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10 - Makes touch more smooth, such as scrolling
  • Muffle System Logging - The HP Touchpad, stock, logs pretty much everything. It logs so much information that it actually slows down your touchpad. This helps stop that and increases performance!
  • Remove Dropped Packet Logging - As name implies...
  • Unset Cfq IO Scheduler - I don't know the specifics behind it, but it definately helps :eek::p
  • Unthrottle Download Manager - HP download manager throttles download speeds. This removes it!
  • Private Browsing - As name implies, optional...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

FAQs
  • CFS: Generally more consistent, use when you want consistent performance and/or if BFS kernels do not work well with your phone. Sometimes will appear to be smoother than a BFS kernel in overall use. The stock HTC kernel uses CFS and it is more standard than BFS.

BFS: Generally a bit faster but a bit more inconsistent (might appear to slow down more and such). Usually faster overall performance but will not look as smooth as a CFS kernel (in general).
  • Can't get the 1.7Ghz overclock?
    Make sure your system is updated to 3.0.2 AND you followed the adding of the experimental feeds (pre.is.awesome) down to the tea* (add,restart,update feed).
  • How can I remove the overclock? :
    Simply uninstall the Kernel via PREWARE.
  • Only one core is overclocking for me. The other one is not doing anything!? -
    Try to set Govnah to "OnDemand" and not "OnDemandCTL"

With UnixPsycho's Kernel, you are actually able to choose clocks from 1.2 to 1.9 Instructions on how to do this coming soon.

Much thanks to Ncinerate and his Guide for originally teaching me how to OC the HP touchpad! TY!
If you see an error in any of this, please either post in this thread or private message me! I appreciate you helping to make this thread better :cool:

Also if you like HP Touchpad and want to represent with a nice forum sig, you can use the one I made :p
8k5Rq.gif

Code:
[img]-remove this-http://i.imgur.com/8k5Rq.gif-removethis-[/img]
Put the text in the box above into your signature field (without the -removethis-) in your user control panel :D

Last edited:

amirborna

Jun 19, 2008
MISC. Goodies
VisualBoyAdvanced Emulator for the webOS - Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced
FreeTether 1.1.x - Tethering for HP Touchpad
UnixPsycho's official kernel forum post
[url="http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/260717-supernes-snes-emulator.html]SuperNES[/url] - SNES Emulator!

Code:
•Glimpse (Reg. $5, Code: injoj55410gavxv): Amp up your TouchPad multitasking to 11 using this customizable and addictive split-screen interface.
•Kung Fu Panda 2 Storybook (Reg. $2.99, Code: eotss76676jjzqr): Enjoy images and voices from Kung Fu Panda 2 right on your TouchPad.
• (Reg. $1.99, Code: vfimk09918lngoz): Design your “ Boss” – a gigantic monster – and attempt to defeat the brave heroes and powerful wizards of WackyLands.
•Sparkle HD (Reg. $4.99, Code: pweuq32135vrbhx): Save Crowberry Woods in this TouchPad version of the popular desktop game.
•Camera for TouchPad (Reg. $0.99, Code: rijon62171nhvtu): Start snapping away, with options for managing your photos and using them with other TouchPad apps.
•Audubon Birds (Reg. $14.99, Code: jjiox66488ddnik): This searchable digital field guide to North American birds offers stunning photography and thrilling bird songs.

Expires: August 31, 2011

Disregard ... SEO* speed up touchpad hp touchpad overclock overclock hp touchpad speed up hp touchpad overclock touchpad how to speed up hp touchpad touchpad overclock hp touchpad speed up EOM Overlord Monitoring how to overclock hp touchpad ondemandtcl 1512 hp touchpad speed how to speed up touchpad Ondemandtcl1512 HP Touchpad overclocking iPad Jailbreak Android Root hp touchpad hacks hp touchpad android hack android os for hp touchpad HP Touchpad change os hp touchpad android os touchpad hacks touchpad android hack touchpad hack hp touchpad android android os on hp touchpad hack hp touchpad android change os on hp touchpad android hack for touchpad hp touchpad os hack Govnah Guide homebrewing HP HP TouchPad overclocking, Preware step-by-step Tablets UberKernel

Last edited:

d10brp

Feb 7, 2011
I'm confused, if there are no noticeable drawbacks then why did HP underclock it in the first place?

fventura03

Jul 31, 2008
I'm confused, if there are no noticeable drawbacks then why did HP underclock it in the first place?

same reason intel or amd doesn't release their CPU's at the maximum speed that's available for that chip. to give them room for "improvement" on the next build, or for better battery life...

lots of different reasons...

anyways, i'm trying to load the feeds but they don't seem to load, I got the 1.5ghz kernel installed fine. not sure what I'm doing wrong

d10brp

Feb 7, 2011
same reason intel or amd doesn't release their CPU's at the maximum speed that's available for that chip. to give them room for "improvement" on the next build, or for better battery life...

lots of different reasons...

anyways, i'm trying to load the feeds but they don't seem to load, I got the 1.5ghz kernel installed fine. not sure what I'm doing wrong

But this is a product that is by all accounts slightly laggy on the standard setup and the OP has seen no noticeable drop in battery life after the change so I am curious.

shoot2scre

Aug 11, 2010
Detroit
But this is a product that is by all accounts slightly laggy on the standard setup and the OP has seen no noticeable drop in battery life after the change so I am curious.

The main reason that processors are typically not clocked to their maximum capacity is that, if you develop a new chip that is capable of speeds around 1.7-1.8 ghz some of those chips will reach that plateau comfortably (probably with headroom) while others might start experiencing stability issues at 1.6ghz or 1.5ghz. Thus, when a company 'underclocks' a chip to 1.2ghz, it's normally at some arbitrarily decided 'sweet spot' where ALL the chips will be able to run cool and stable.

So while pushing the chip to 1.5ghz didn't create any stability issues (or excess battery drain) for the OP... some people may end up with TouchPads that are completely incapable of achieving stability at that speed. In reality probably 99% of Touchpads will have no problems at 1.5ghz (or higher). But companies tend to be pretty risk adverse when it comes to issues with overheating or stability.

komruz

Mar 19, 2011
Hi,

I can seem to find your version on the youtube video of the F15C eagle (touchpad). the one on my list is showing v3.0.0-19 and overclocks to 1.5

please help

Komi

komruz

Mar 19, 2011
the F15c that i had installed is running at 1.5ghz single core - please can you show me how to put on the 1.7ghz dual core kernal. I can't seem to find it on the list - it only shows F15c 1.5ghz

Have they taken this off?:confused:

komruz

Mar 19, 2011
@AmirReborn - I have added the name and http, pressed add then when promps comes up i selected ok. I have restarted and gone into preware, list all, and it is still showing the old kernel

komruz

Mar 19, 2011
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For anyone who is haveing a problem - befor you follow instructions update your HP touchpad to 3.0.2 1st

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

shoot2scre

Aug 11, 2010
Detroit
Thanks for explaining that, appreciated.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

I enjoyed explaining. Cheers buddy.

Bonus Round:

http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u69/300mm_Wafer.png

Take a look at that. "They" say that the chips printed towards the center are the most reliable/overclockable (that a word?) as they take up the "prime real estate" of the wafer. Rumor has it... when Intel drops an Extreme Edition chip, they are normally hand picked chips from the center of the wafer.

MMMMMmmmmm... wafers and chips. /HomerVoice

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
Anyone else having major wi-fi issues with F15C? It's a common problem apparently and I have it - went to Uberkernel until resolved.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

L17S

Aug 25, 2011
F15C Eagle UPDATED 1.9GHz!!

You need to update webOS(3.0.2 xx version) first!! I tried so many times then figured out it.  If your device version is 3.0.0 xx, 1.5GHz is max and today, F15C Eagle updated 1.9GHz. :)

menting

Apr 15, 2011
Take a look at that. "They" say that the chips printed towards the center are the most reliable/overclockable (that a word?) as they take up the "prime real estate" of the wafer. Rumor has it... when Intel drops an Extreme Edition chip, they are normally hand picked chips from the center of the wafer.

MMMMMmmmmm... wafers and chips. /HomerVoice

Just wanted to clarify that center isn't necessarily the most reliable and/or overclockable. Due to processing the wafer and doping levels of different materials, It's true that a lot of times the edge of the wafer has a larger than desired variation to the intended recipe, but often times the center will have the same issue as well. Often you can see the yield of the wafer will be a donut shape, where the edge and the center of the wafer is bad, and the good ones are in the ring.
I work in a company that deal with a ton of wafers and die (they aren't actually 'chips' until they're packaged up, before packaging they're called 'die' where I work), and I've seen all kinds of places where speed can be best. All depends on the tool that's doing the doping on that particular day.

squeakyl

Apr 30, 2011
how long should installing preware take? It's been installing for the past 20 mins and i'm not sure if something is wrong or not

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is outdated. Please refer to a newer guide
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds

UPDATED TO OVERCLOCK TO 1.9Ghz on BOTH CORES on your HP Touchpad!

[Disclaimer : Currently unixPsycho's newest Kernel supports 1.9 but a lot of units so far freeze when trying to reach that amount. Please stay on 1.7Ghz for now until more information arrives :) . BTW 1.7Ghz PWNS!]
    Reported : UnixPsycho's Kernel as of 8/27/11 sometimes does not overclock the second core. This is widespread and many experience this. An alternate Kernel to download is Warthog. Warthog's Kernel can do 1.7Ghz on both cores. If Unixpsycho's Kernel does not work correctly for you, you can simply uninstall it VIA preware, restart your HP touchpad, find and install Warthog's kernel via PREWARE, and restart your HP touchpad again. This could be good for you as well

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLG7nlh8-eg
    The TEXT version of the guide below is much better. I recommend you try the text version of the guide, and if you get lost, try to watch the video. The video is not as clear as the text version :)

And as always, I will not be held responsible for any damages that may occur from the usage of any of the information provided by this guide. The HP Touchpad is very difficult to brick and even then HP WebOS Doctor usually takes care of it. Just be careful and follow instructions. And also, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen :p

hp-touchpad-news1.jpg

Overclocking your HP Touchpad
    • Relatively safe to do
    • No noticeable effect on battery (stock usually pulls 550mah and 1.5ghz is pulling like 565mah.
    • Touchpad becomes incredibly fast, fluid, responsive, and is a joy to use
    • No heat created
    • Overclocks both cores
    • Feels like you have next generation hardware after the overclock
    • Smooth like butter

663.gif
    INSTRUCTIONS
    663.gif

To make this as easy as possible, I will go step by step, every little thing you need to do. It seems like a lot but I get very detailed ;)

1. Update your webOS to the latest version. Latest version is : 3.0.2
      Bring up your menu > settings > System Updates > make sure it is fully updated
    2. Connect your HP touchpad to your computer VIA USB. Make sure "USB Drive" mode is not activated. You want to only be on CHARGE mode. Click the USB icon on top and get out of USB Drive mode if it is in USB drive mode
    3. Now, on the HP Touchpad's main screen, you will see a search box in the top middle of your screen. Inside of it, it says "Just type..." ... Inside of this box, type in the following using the on screen keyboard : webos20090606 . Now tap ON and turn it on. It will now ask you for a password. DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING IN THE PASSWORD FIELD. Leave it blank. Failure to do this will lead you to using webOS Doctor to fully reset your HP Touchpad!
    4. Now it is time to install HP webOS Quick Install. Click here to install WebOS Quick Install.
      This is a .jar file. It requires java to already be installed on your computer. IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT, click this link to install java.
    5. Make sure your HP Touchpad is not in USB Drive mode. If it isn't, webOS Quick Install will quickly install a driver for your HP Touchpad. Allow it to do this. After installing the driver, WebOS Quick Install will now recognize your device. To know it is recognized, under "Device", "HP Touchpad" will be greyed out. Use this picture as a reference.
      If HP Touchpad is not showing up try these : Restart your computer, double check to make sure you are not in USB Drive mode, and then ultimately try a different USB Port on your computer and recheck all the connections
      Now hit the Globe Icon on the WebOS Quick Install program on your computer. This will bring up a bunch of applications that you can install. Search for PREWARE under the application list. High-lite it and click on the Install button.
    6. Now grab your HP Touchpad, open up your applications menu and click on Downloads tab at the top, and search for PREWARE.
      Icon_Preware.png
      . Now with PREWARE open, tab PREWARE on top. On the drop down menu, choose Manage Feeds.

At the bottom of this menu, you will see NEW FEED. There are a few things you want to add here. You will need to type the name of the feed EXACTLY like how it is below. Also, you want to add the URL EXACTLY the same as well.

Lets start with the first one.

Name: webos-testing-all
      URL:
      Code:
      http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all

Once everything is typed in perfectly, hit ADD FEED. It may ask you a disclaimer. Choose wisely. Once you have added the first one, now it is time to add the second one.

Name: webos-testing-armv7
      URL:
      Code:
      http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7

Again it might give you a disclaimer. Choose wisely. Now when you have added these two feeds, go back to the main page of the PREWARE application using the back arrow. Now hit List Everything from the main menu options.
      You want to find and download Govnah. You may need to scroll down a bit to find this. If you cannot find it, use the magnifying glass on the top right hand corner to type out Govnah. When you find Govnah, hit Install

Allow Govnah to install. Once it has installed, hold down the power button on your HP Touchpad and once prompted, hit Device Restart
    7. Once the device has restarted, open up PREWARE. Lets add another feed. If you do not know how to add another feed, re-read the previous steps on how to add another feed.

Those using experimental kernels *must* follow the 6 rules at Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Name: webos-kernels-testing
      URL:
      Code:
      http://preware.is.awesome.com/

Now hit add feed. It may give you the disclaimer just like before. Choose wisely. NOW BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, A RESTART IS REQUIRED. Hold down the power button until prompted for a restart and allow the Touchpad to restart.
    8. Once the touchpad has restarted, open up Preware again. Now tap PREWARE on the top left corner of the application, and then hit "Update Feeds". Allow PREWARE to update its feeds.
      If this fails or has any errors, you either mistyped the name, the URL, or did not immediately restart after adding a new feed. Follow directions!
    9. After it has finished updating the feeds, on the main menu of PREWARE, tab List of Everything. Under List of Everything , find F15C Eagle (Touchpad). This is the Kernel that you will use to overclock your HP Touchpad. You are almost done! Install this kernel. After installing, IMMEDIATELY restart your HP Touchpad!
    10. Once your HP Touchpad is restarted, you should be overclocked!

Now through the app called Govnah which you already installed, you can modify your clock rating on your processor and other settings that can significantly improve your performance. For the sake of this guide, we will leave these settings alone to prevent harm to our HP Touchpads
      winking0066.gif
      . I strongly recommend you NOT to mess with any settings inside of Govnah.
    In case of Emergency or failure to follow instructions...If you brick your HP Touchpad, have no fear, HP WebOS Doctor is here!

It is very difficult to brick webOS on the HP Touchpad. But incase things go bad, you should be able to easily fix it!
    webOS doctor can fix virtually any problem you may cause to your HP touchpad. If things go wrong, follow these steps.
    webOS Doctor is not necessary to overclock the HP Touchpad, it is simply a fix if things go wrong
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/console/pages/LoginPage.iface
    -From there, go to device options, and select webOS doctor. Once it's downloaded, run the program with your -fully charged- touchpad plugged into the -computer and like magic you will be back up and running!

More on recovery. If you are stuck in a loop or need a restart, try reading this : http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover

Cool so you have an overclocked HP Touchpad! Awesome job! Now here are a few other things you can do to really make it fly!

You can find these using the PREWARE application. Check under "List Everything"

• Ad Blocker - Helps remove ads from your web browser. *warning, do not download more than 1 Ad-Blocker.
    • Remove Tap Ripple - Removes the tap ripple. Actually speeds up your Touchpad a little.
    • Increase Touchpad Volume - This can boost your Touchpad's volume a bit. NOT RECOMMENDED if you wish to retain speaker quality and longevity.
    • Advanced Reset Options - Gives you more reset options like "Restart Luna"
    • Faster Card Animations Hyper Version - Greatly increases the animations of your home screen cards. It makes a huge difference!
    • Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10 - Makes touch more smooth, such as scrolling
    • Muffle System Logging - The HP Touchpad, stock, logs pretty much everything. It logs so much information that it actually slows down your touchpad. This helps stop that and increases performance!
    • Remove Dropped Packet Logging - As name implies...
    • Unset Cfq IO Scheduler - I don't know the specifics behind it, but it definately helps :eek::p
    • Unthrottle Download Manager - HP download manager throttles download speeds. This removes it!
    • Private Browsing - As name implies, optional...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

FAQs
    • CFS: Generally more consistent, use when you want consistent performance and/or if BFS kernels do not work well with your phone. Sometimes will appear to be smoother than a BFS kernel in overall use. The stock HTC kernel uses CFS and it is more standard than BFS.

BFS: Generally a bit faster but a bit more inconsistent (might appear to slow down more and such). Usually faster overall performance but will not look as smooth as a CFS kernel (in general).
    • Can't get the 1.7Ghz overclock?
      Make sure your system is updated to 3.0.2 AND you followed the adding of the experimental feeds (pre.is.awesome) down to the tea* (add,restart,update feed).
    • How can I remove the overclock? :
      Simply uninstall the Kernel via PREWARE.
    • Only one core is overclocking for me. The other one is not doing anything!? -
      Try to set Govnah to "OnDemand" and not "OnDemandCTL"

With UnixPsycho's Kernel, you are actually able to choose clocks from 1.2 to 1.9 Instructions on how to do this coming soon.

Much thanks to Ncinerate and his Guide for originally teaching me how to OC the HP touchpad! TY!
    If you see an error in any of this, please either post in this thread or private message me! I appreciate you helping to make this thread better :cool:

Also if you like HP Touchpad and want to represent with a nice forum sig, you can use the one I made :p
    8k5Rq.gif

Code:
    [img]-remove this-http://i.imgur.com/8k5Rq.gif-removethis-[/img]
    Put the text in the box above into your signature field (without the -removethis-) in your user control panel :D

The main reason that processors are typically not clocked to their maximum capacity is that, if you develop a new chip that is capable of speeds around 1.7-1.8 ghz some of those chips will reach that plateau comfortably (probably with headroom) while others might start experiencing stability issues at 1.6ghz or 1.5ghz. Thus, when a company 'underclocks' a chip to 1.2ghz, it's normally at some arbitrarily decided 'sweet spot' where ALL the chips will be able to run cool and stable.

So while pushing the chip to 1.5ghz didn't create any stability issues (or excess battery drain) for the OP... some people may end up with TouchPads that are completely incapable of achieving stability at that speed. In reality probably 99% of Touchpads will have no problems at 1.5ghz (or higher). But companies tend to be pretty risk adverse when it comes to issues with overheating or stability.
    I don't see Faster Card Animations Hyper Version, Muffle System Logging, or Remove Tap Ripple in Preware. Have they been removed or something?

The patch authors have not uploaded the versions for 3.0.4 yet. These things don't happen by magic - real people have to do real work to make it happen.

-- Rod
    I followed the directions to a tea twice and I'm having the following issues with F15C Eagle / Govnah:

When I go into advanced settings and try and switch the CPU Max Frew to 1.728, I get the following error:

"Unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor"

Advice?

When this happens, reinstall Govnah:
    -If you have custom profiles, delete them (slide right/left in Govnah).
    -Uninstall Govnah (hold tap on icon, click X to uninstall)
    -Reboot device
    -Reinstall Govnah

This should resolve that error which I've read is caused by Govnah trying to do something while the Core2 CPU is in "offline" mode briefly, which then screws something up. I've had it happen twice by making changes I probably shouldn't have but each time the reinstall fixes it.
    How is everyone getting 1.7 with the F15 kernel.....I have removed and reinstalled it 3 times and the max option I have in govnah for that kernel is 1.5. I tried again last night with the same result.....

I did have the uberkernel installed first but removed it

Had similar problem. I uninstalled my current kernel, then rebooted. Then I installed the default palm kernel, then I rebooted. Then I installed the f15c, and then rebooted a final time.

Fixed it for me.