[APP][Market link] TouchScreenTune (Solving touchscreen sensitivity issue)-UPDATED_2!

Search This thread

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
That sounds big. Have you tried writing with a stylus? Full-speed stylus handwriting on the GT10 is pretty much the holy grail for touchscreen improvements. Anyone who can make that happen will certainly get a beer from me... or two... (that is, once my GT10 comes back from being serviced!)

Try move hyst=0 and movfilter=40, and don't forget about beer :)

Just tried this settings with super note, difference is enourmous. Btw I have applied setting in build props as well, but not sure if it makes difference.

Enjoy your handwriting now ;)

Sagui

Sep 14, 2010
Hi,

i saw people mentioning a build.prop setting named windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, which is set to 150 by default on the 7500. I've changed that to 300, and it appears to make things snappier, especially scrolling operations. I finally got close to iPad2's responsiveness with this. But there might also be other factors involved...

I have never done build.prop settings, any reference for a How-To? Does it involve recompiling a Kernel?

EDIT: Figured it out! ES FIle Manager (with root explorer option enabled) in /system/build.prop. TEsting now!
Btw. movfilter option tweaking helps a lot too!

Last edited:

wlighter

Aug 9, 2011
Wow.. the event per sec really make a massive different... I'm using 300 now. A reboot is required after the edit...

Sagui

Sep 14, 2010
I have been finger painting in SuperNotes for 30 minutes with various settings with both the build prop edit (150 to 300) and touchscreentune (Move hyst=0, movfilter=30) and I have to say, the difference is HUGE!

I went from not being able to read the scribbles to almost pen-and-paper quality. At this point the limiting factor is the fact that I didn't bring my stylus with me.

My current settings: per_sec = 300, touchscreentune move hyst=0 and movfilter=30.

Try these against yours and see how they compare. If yours are better, please post them!

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
I have been finger painting in SuperNotes for 30 minutes with various settings with both the build prop edit (150 to 300) and touchscreentune (Move hyst=0, movfilter=30) and I have to say, the difference is HUGE!

I went from not being able to read the scribbles to almost pen-and-paper quality. At this point the limiting factor is the fact that I didn't bring my stylus with me.

My current settings: per_sec = 300, touchscreentune move hyst=0 and movfilter=30.

Try these against yours and see how they compare. If yours are better, please post them!

Btw your setting of 30 is wrong, try 40 and you'll see :)

Reactions: mreshetar

mreshetar

Nov 16, 2010
I tried these settings with my jot pro and it's like an entire new device. I can write fluidly and easily. Wow! Thanks so much!!!!!

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
WOW!!!!!! I can't believe the difference this app makes. I changed the movfilter=40 and the persec=300 and I can actually use the pen now!! I hand wrote a bunch of notes and it worked perfect in Supernote, handrite pro, and pen memo from Samsung.

Tubes6al4v

Oct 13, 2009
great progress guys! Just to note root explorer was having issues writing to root files on honeycomb, so usingsomething else like file explorer es should help.

Sagui

Sep 14, 2010
I wonder what is the max persec value we can use...

I tried 7500 (based on the Nordic firmware mentioned somewhere in the thread) and things got worse. I'm guessing it defaults to a low value if the designated value is outside a certain range. I would totally tweak that number until it's optimized, but the problem is that there is no objective way to test the responsiveness AFAIK. I'm a scientist, so I like numbers as results, not how it feels.

siggehandf

Jul 8, 2010
Hjørring
I tried 7500 (based on the Nordic firmware mentioned somewhere in the thread) and things got worse. I'm guessing it defaults to a low value if the designated value is outside a certain range. I would totally tweak that number until it's optimized, but the problem is that there is no objective way to test the responsiveness AFAIK. I'm a scientist, so I like numbers as results, not how it feels.

Ouch, i wrote 7500 because my tablet is a gt7500, hehe. Default my setting was at 75, which was horrible!

Testing 500 atm.

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
For some reason I can't find windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec in build.prop at all. I have a 7510 running KH8.

Tubes6al4v

Oct 13, 2009
If it is a stock rom, it may not be in there. "In Paris " has that in the build.prop edits, along with hw acceleration, debug acceleration, and performance tuning. Anyway, just add the line to build.prop and it will run at boot.

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now on Market!

direct link

Or search for "TouchScreenTune"

*Requires Root*
    *Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Asus Transformer Prime*. (Galaxy Note version also available on the Market)

TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

Without this application, it is almost impossible to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for handwriting or drawing. Application completely fixes this issue.

If you are using screen protector on your Tab, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.

If you are using stylus, it is almost useless without tuning touchscreen with this application on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Using this application you can even turn on palm rejection future! That means that your hand can rest on screen while writing/drawing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored.
    Just see youtube video, it shows how Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 works without this application, and with this application!

If you wish to use different settings in different situations - just create shortcuts with different settings from within the app, and launch them when needed!

Some common problems:
    When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.

Also when first granting SU rights, there may be some messages regarding inability to read settings. It's normal, after you grant SU rights application should work.

--------------------------------------------------
    What's new
    Version 1.17:
    Compatibility with latest CyanogenMod for Tab 10.1

Fixed bug when parameters were not applied after invoking settings via shortcut on the home screen

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.

Version 1.8:
    Annoying notifications from SU removed

Version 1.3:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.

added advanced parameter: changing movement filter OFF value. This value is sent to touchscreen controller when checkbox is set to CHECKED. After changing it, press Apply button to set new configuration.

Version 1.1:
    Added compatibility with latest custom roms/kernels
    Solves screen freezing issue after turning screen on when using latest custom kernels/ROMs

Version 1.0:
    Added ability to change sensitivity, move filtering ant initial movement at the same time
    Completely new Honeycomb interface
    Reworked service part - should work without FCs
    Way easier to use
    New icon !!111 :)

Application is free but it will not restore settings on screen lock/unlock. To make it fully functional you need registration key, which I can provide for a small donation, details in the app itself.
    (If you already donated for previous version, send me an email, I'll send registration key for free)
    Good idea. I'm thinking on adding possibility to create a shortcuts on home screen with currently selected settings, so next time it would be enough to just click it to apply those settings.

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.
    Test version:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.
    Argh, damnit! We have the kernel sources, is there any way to raise those touch events reported?

BTW, I have the same stylus, can't wait to put it to good use.

Hi,

i saw people mentioning a build.prop setting named windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, which is set to 150 by default on the 7500. I've changed that to 300, and it appears to make things snappier, especially scrolling operations. I finally got close to iPad2's responsiveness with this. But there might also be other factors involved...
    When I tried to edit /system/build.prop I get the error that the file system is read only. Please help!

Assuming you have EF File Explorer:

Under settings, select both the "Root Explorer" AND the "Mount File System" right underneath it. That should do it!