[ROM] ChobitsDigitalisV1 Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

maverickgenius

Apr 14, 2011
Dude,

I installed your v1.8 and found that there was no launcher included in it!

I fought for half an hour and finalled installed LauncherPro using adb.

Please correct this if needed.

CharsiBabu

Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai
how can i update go launcher ex to v3.00

Make sure you have stock launcher installed.

Method 1
Using Titanium backup/Rom toolbox uninstall go launcher
reboot
install new version

method 2
using root explorer
move apk file(from system/apps) to some other location
copy new apk file (to system/apps)
set permissions to
v v -
v - -
v - -
reboot

Last edited:

machinehead121

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Dude,

I installed your v1.8 and found that there was no launcher included in it!

I fought for half an hour and finalled installed LauncherPro using adb.

Please correct this if needed.

then iam sure you missed or skipped some step... as i used the same method and installed and everything is as it should be...many other users also used that same method and didn't face any problem like you mentioned... well if everything else has installed properly..just extract go launcher from CDv1 zip file and install it... that's the most simple way out for you

maverickgenius

Apr 14, 2011
then iam sure you missed or skipped some step... as i used the same method and installed and everything is as it should be...many other users also used that same method and didn't face any problem like you mentioned... well if everything else has installed properly..just extract go launcher from CDv1 zip file and install it... that's the most simple way out for you

Thanks. Anyways as already said, I installed LauncherPro via ADB.

But I am having several problems with v1.8 like wi-fi not working, lockscreen does not unlock (I have to pull out battery). So I am reverting back to stock until 2.0.

Otherwise, the functionality and looks are awesome! Keep up the good work.

machinehead121

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Thanks. Anyways as already said, I installed LauncherPro via ADB.

But I am having several problems with v1.8 like wi-fi not working, lockscreen does not unlock (I have to pull out battery). So I am reverting back to stock until 2.0.

Otherwise, the functionality and looks are awesome! Keep up the good work.

hmmm ... didn't face any of such problem yet ... but it's ok ... yeah you can revert to v1.6 which is the most stable one .

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

ROFLkopter

Mar 15, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Does anyone else have to reinstall Busybox and update SU binaries EVERY time you reboot the phone? I do! Every reboot, Busybox can't determine location so I have to install again and SuperSU always says binaries need updating...

Press 'Thanks' if I helped!
Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA

Kousthubha Kumar

Feb 18, 2012
Does anyone else have to reinstall Busybox and update SU binaries EVERY time you reboot the phone? I do! Every reboot, Busybox can't determine location so I have to install again and SuperSU always says binaries need updating...

Yes me too I think it's due to merruk's kernel it has busybox issues..

jeprox

Jan 22, 2012
ive install merruk pre-final 2.0 using Mai's method.
rebooted to CWM and mounted system and flashed CB1.
rebooted to CWM and mounted system and flashed CB1.8..
root explorer shows /data/local/tmp/nitrospeed is running or something.
i got random bootanimation.

but when i checked on titanium backup, it doesn't show the 4th line for the ext2 partition..

help me please.

ROFLkopter

Mar 15, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Quick question to the Merruk Kernel v2 guys: If you're already running Kernel v1.0.8 and CDv1.8 can you flash Merruk2 straight over with Mai's method, or do you have to do the lengthy process of Stock>Merruk>v1>v1.8?

Kousthubha Kumar

Feb 18, 2012
Quick question to the Merruk Kernel v2 guys: If you're already running Kernel v1.0.8 and CDv1.8 can you flash Merruk2 straight over with Mai's method, or do you have to do the lengthy process of Stock>Merruk>v1>v1.8?

Kernel flashing is not like roms.. It replaces the pda with the flashed pda so no need for lengthy process just flash 2.0

ROFLkopter

Mar 15, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Kernel flashing is not like roms.. It replaces the pda with the flashed pda so no need for lengthy process just flash 2.0

So it can be flashed straight over v1.0.8 on a custom ROM without problems? I'm a bit apprehensive about doing it, cause last time I tried to flash a custom kernel on a custom ROM I got bootlooped

heirfister

Feb 9, 2012
Pampanga
i cant make init.d to work,followed the instruction but cant see any init.d_log_test.txt file at /data/local/tmp/
bootscreen doesn't change..

Last edited:

Kousthubha Kumar

Feb 18, 2012
So it can be flashed straight over v1.0.8 on a custom ROM without problems? I'm a bit apprehensive about doing it, cause last time I tried to flash a custom kernel on a custom ROM I got bootlooped

Yes and don't forget to include system in sd card..

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
ANy body how to fix link to sd that every time it turn off it just un mounted..:confused:

Open link2sd and tap on menu > more > re-create mount scripts then restart.

Link2SD 2nd partition will only be removed if:
1. You mounted your phone as storage using usb
2. You unmounted your sd card under storage and settings

My point is, it will only be unmounted if SD Card is unmounted on your phone. As for the mount scripts, it works with stock rom (tested it) and custom rom, so there should be no problem with the script. Just re-create it if you have problems. Also, you might want to check if you have a 2nd partition and if it is not corrupted.

Reactions: HCFroyd247

jeprox

Jan 22, 2012
please help . .

i first flashed stock DXKL2 using Odin, and used Mai's method to flash merruk pre-final 2.0 and reach the home screen.
i rebooted to CWM and mounted system and flashed CB1 and booted to home screen.
i rebooted to CWM again and mounted system and flashed CB 1.8 and booted to home screen.
i rebooted to CWM again and mounted system and flashed the monochrome skin and booted to home screen.
placed the system folder in /sdcard and also flashed the Ext4.zip and verified the Nitrospeed was successfully applied when i check /data/local/tmp/logtext or something but when i checked under titanium backup, the 4th graph for the ext2 is not displayed.. then phone will always reboot when i try to install antutu/root explorer or any apk.

i always mounted system in CWM EVERYTIME i flashed or wipe/data.

i want to run CB1 + CB1.8 + monochrome + merruk pre-final 2.0 with system folder in /sdcard and flash Ext4.zip running in my phone.

please provide the correct sequence in flashing/installation.
ive been using this rom since it was released and thank you for this rom.

Kousthubha Kumar

Feb 18, 2012
please help . .

i first flashed stock DXKL2 using Odin, and used Mai's method to flash merruk pre-final 2.0 and reach the home screen.
i rebooted to CWM and mounted system and flashed CB1 and booted to home screen.
i rebooted to CWM again and mounted system and flashed CB 1.8 and booted to home screen.
i rebooted to CWM again and mounted system and flashed the monochrome skin and booted to home screen.
placed the system folder in /sdcard and also flashed the Ext4.zip and verified the Nitrospeed was successfully applied when i check /data/local/tmp/logtext or something but when i checked under titanium backup, the 4th graph for the ext2 is not displayed.. then phone will always reboot when i try to install antutu/root explorer or any apk.

i always mounted system in CWM EVERYTIME i flashed or wipe/data.

i want to run CB1 + CB1.8 + monochrome + merruk pre-final 2.0 with system folder in /sdcard and flash Ext4.zip running in my phone.

please provide the correct sequence in flashing/installation.
ive been using this rom since it was released and thank you for this rom.

Don't try to complicate things... Keep it simple.. You don't need to mount the system always..

1) reflash to stock
2) flash cb 1.0
3) reboot and reboot to recovery
4) flash cb 1.8
5) after booting extract system folder to root of sd card... Also extract boot. IMG, and keep kernel updater. Zip in root of sd card
6) reboot to recovery flash the 2.0 using kernel updater
7) reboot twice and reboot to recovery
8) mount system.. Install ext4. Zip
9) restart phone and you're done :)

Don't mount system unless I mention and don't wipe data..

Reactions: HCFroyd247

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Don't try to complicate things... Keep it simple.. You don't need to mount the system always..

1) reflash to stock
2) flash cb 1.0
3) reboot and reboot to recovery
4) flash cb 1.8
5) after booting extract system folder to root of sd card... Also extract boot. IMG, and keep kernel updater. Zip in root of sd card
6) reboot to recovery flash the 2.0 using kernel updater
7) reboot twice and reboot to recovery
8) mount system.. Install ext4. Zip
9) restart phone and you're done :)

Don't mount system unless I mention and don't wipe data..

Or you can simply:
1. Flash STOCK FIRMWARE via Odin and reboot
2. Flash Merruk Kernel v2.0 via Odin on PDA field and reboot
3. Reboot to recovery and mount /system under Storage and Mounts then flash EXT4.zip
4. Reboot to recovery and mount /system under Storage and Mounts then do data wipe and wipe cache then flash CB1.0
5. Reboot to recovery and mount /system under Storage and Mounts then flash CB v1.8 update

NOTE:
For a clean installation, take care of the kernel first and everything that has to do with the kernel(ext4.zip) before you apply the ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for supporting ChobitsDigitalisRom V1, all good things must come to an end to pave way for new beginnings. I have decided to unified our thread for easy access;) and on that note this thread is requested to be closed.

THREAD MOVED TO: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26312620

For v1 users, Excelsior!

F3HnxEU.jpg
    I hear you

For those users who are on version 1.8 and experiencing lags with root explorer and other applications please use this patch. I will include it in the 1.8 update.

CHOBITS LAGFIX PATCH

GET IT HERE---->http://www.mediafire.com/?zyl4ylytmrqa9q2

Flash using stock recovery or CWM. Do not wipe.

-------------------

The Theory about running Chobits Nitro Speed

The tweaks are well integrated in the rom, but there are some tweaks that are present in the init.d folder which you will automatically get after flashing the v1.8 update. Nitro speed will only work if you:

1. Make use of Script Manager app that allows to run init.d scripts via the use of busybox's run-parts command.

2. Install a modified kernel that runs init.d scripts at boot. An example of a modified kernel that is tested to work well with Chobits Digitalis is Merruk's 1.08final kernel. credits to Clezzix for testing it.

VERY IMPORTANT:

To make those init.d scripts to run with stock kernels (the one that comes with your stock rom) you need to install a Script Manager Application.

Please follow this tutorial very carefully:

1. Install os.tools.scriptmanager_62.apk found at "\sdcard\RUN INIT.D SCRIPTS\". or you can find the app at Google Play Store.

2. Open the program and configure "Browse as root"

3. Browse to "sdcard\RUN INIT.D SCRIPTS\" copy RUN init.sh to "System\etc" (you can use Script Manager App to do this or any file manager program that is root enabled)

4. tap on the "su", "run at boot" and "favorite" icons, see FIGURE A. Tap "Save"

5. If asked superuser permissions, select "allow" then reboot. ChobitsDigitalis scripts will now run at start-up.

FIGURE A:
    24zsYhZ.jpg

-------------------

For signal issues:

This will be a gray area and may be a debatable issue, This rom only replaces system files, libraries, this doesnt includes any radio drivers that can control/influence signal. So your signal will entirely depend on what firmware you are using as base and the signal strength your provider gives your area. For now I do not know what seems to be causing some signal loss, but I assure even on stock or any custom roms this issue also exists. Meanwhile, I had provided some tweaks to boost 2g/3g/wifi, so please test them out.

When I still had an SGY, I had collected and almost exhausted all tweaks to include it to my rom. Some of them don't work so I edited them out. Every customizations and personalization here are tested when I used to own this phone.

Thank you everyone for choosing this rom, your comments and appreciation drives me to continue developing this project. All of your suggestions won't fall in to deaf ears, I will continue to improve this rom as long you are all there to help me.

-------------------

PS. This rom almost reached 25,000 downloads in mediafire! where are my "THANKS"? hahaha just kidding.
    I hear you

Guys, thank you for actively using this thread and for proactively helping out others!

Sorry for being out of the radar recently, I have been busy with some personal business. But seeing people here that are keeping this thread alive brings me joy and motivation to do more!:)

----
    For issues:

BUSYBOX ISSUES-> Search market for "Busybox Installer", I personally use stericsson's. When asked where to save, point it to "xbin". (this is a quick fix for making script manager to work if you are not in custom kernel)

For using MODIFIED KERNEL-> please read previous posts, users are able to use Merruk's Kernel with no problems. (this will ensure the 1.8 update, NitroSpeed, Random Bootanimations, etc to work during boot) Some users attested that this rom works with Merruk's Kernel perfectly, make sure you follow directions properly to minimize errors.

Lags, Screenfreezes, bootloops->Please refer to first page or read previous posts for tutorials on how others do workaround with this issues.

---

OPTIONAL UPDATES:

Swipe to remove feature
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kmntn0zj6s7ctc4

ChobitsDigitalis v1.6 (for those who requested it)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?579wx84o18kyusv

---

V2 (Work In Progress) Update:

I am almost finished with the graphics to be included in the rom, for sneak preview on what to expect from the New UI here it is:

**image removed by OP

-> actual rom may appear not exactly like the picture, I am still on the process of optimizing everything. Some images may change on the actual rom but basically that is what it will look like.
    -> The launcher will be a stripped down version Go Launcher, I may Include other launcher modification in future updates once V2 is up for download.
    -> after version 2 release, version 1 will be called "V1 Legacy" and the latter as "V2 Reloaded" :)
    -> the preview image above will expire after 48 hours.

PS. I still don't have an SGY as of the moment, so I really need your help in testing at whatever comes out from my brew pot.:)

Please continue to support other roms out there and thank you for choosing ChobitsDigitalis Rom!

by HCFroyd247
    [UPDATED]PROCEDURE TO USE CHOBITS V1.8 WITH MERRUK KERNEL ( 1.0.8 AND pre 2.0 )

LATELY I'VE BEEN APPROACHED BY MANY GUYS ASKING ME THE PROCEDURE TO USE CHOBITS 1.8 WITH MERRUK KERNEL ..SO I DECIDED TO POST THE CORRECT PROCEDURE TO USE THIS ROM WITH MERRUK KERLNEL 1.0.8 AS WELL AS PRE 2.0 WHICH HAS BEEN TESTED BY ME AND OTHERS...AND WORKS FLAWLESSLY.

MERRUK KERNEL 1.0.8 WITH CHOBITS DIGITALIS V1.8 FINAL

sc20120509162337.png
    sc20120509162405.png
    sc20120509162414.png

MERRUK KERNEL PRE 2.0 WITH CHOBITS DIGITALIS V1.8 FINAL

sc20120511200802.png

BEFORE STARTING THE PROCEDURE YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD FEW FILES

CWM ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?22sf24gvospcf20

KERNEL UPDATER BY MAI77 ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?6ack2sk84y2qgy9

BOOT.IMG FILE FROM MERRUK 1.0.8 ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?ycgnd0sw63pw1hl

BOOT.IMG FILE FROM MERRUK PRE 2.0 ( here it is a tar file...which can flashed directly through odin or you can extract it using winrar or 7zip to get a boot.img file ) ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?6wvzbr7jiz1d61r

ODIN FLASHABLE STOCK ROM FROM DOKY'S THREAD ( stock rom as per your country ) ~~> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1465800

ChobitsDigitalisV1_ROM.zip FROM HERE ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?qnyn8n6gvu2fvof

CDigitalisV1.8FINAL_UPD.zip FROM HERE ~~> http://www.mediafire.com/?qnyn8n6gvu2fvof

having done so....decide which version merruk kernel your planning to use....

> if its v1.0.8...put the boot.img file of v1.0.8 into root of your sd card ( make sure there is no other boot.img in there because the kernel updater scans for the boot.img in the sd card root and flashes it ) and

>if your willing to flash merruk kernel pre 2.0...then put the boot.img file from 2.0 into the root of your sd card.

~~~~~~~~~ SO HERE'S THE PROCEDURE ~~~~~~~~~~~

>> flash to stock rom by using odin flashable packages from doky's thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1465800 ) by following these instructions ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21846668&postcount=2

1. Copy "ChobitsDigitalisV1_ROM.zip" and "CDigitalisV1.8FINAL_UPD.zip" to Sdcard Directly
    2. Power Off the Phone
    3. Boot into recovery by pressing (Vol. Key Up + Home Key + Power Key)
    4. select APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD (scroll up/down using volume up/dpwn buttons) and select the CWM.zip >> INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD , then select CHOOSE ZIP FROM SD CARD.
    5. select Kernel update.zip ( http://www.mediafire.com/?6ack2sk84y2qgy9 )
    6. After the kernel has installed sucessfully , press power button to return to recovery menu.
    7. click on REBOOT SYSTEM NOW .
    8. After the system has sucessfully booted , once again power off the phone.
    9. scoll down to MOUNTS AND STORAGE and select MOUNT /SYSTEM and press power button to go back to recovery menu.
    10. select WIPE DATA/RESET. once done press power button .
    11. Select WIPE CACHE PARTITION. go back using power button .
    12. scroll down to INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD , then select CHOOSE ZIP FROM SD CARD.
    13. select ChobitsDigitalisV1_ROM.zip .
    14. After the rom has installed , press power button and select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW ( first boot may take 2-3 minutes)
    15. On sucessful system boot again follow the steps 8,9 and 12 ( DO NOT FOLLOW STEPS 10 AND 11 THIS TIME )
    16. select CDigitalisV1.8FINAL_UPD.zip .
    17. After the update 1.8 has installed , press power button and select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW.

and VOILA :D you'd be on chobits digitalis v1.8 with merruk kernel :D

ps : FOR MERRUK 1.0.8 VERSION AND PRE 2.0 :

You will see a new folder on the rot of the SD Card Called (scripts)

this folder is for the scripts , add the scripts from init.d folder to this folder and reboot twice.
    Update: New Skins (please test)

Color Variants / Skins
    ZwwztvS.jpg

(Flash in Stock recovery. Do not wipe. Reboot.)

CYAN (Original) / BLUE / GREEN / MAGENTA / MONOCHROME / ORANGE / PURPLE / RED / YELLOW