[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies

Search This thread

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
9TGwHks.jpg

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies

CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies available (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450358).
The release schedule for 10.1 is weekly now.

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

These builds are compiled from the latest CyanogenMod repos and device repos on device, kernel and vendor files and are based on the awesome work by jcsullins and Dorregaray.

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.

Last edited:

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
  • James Sullins - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
  • Tomasz Rostanski - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
  • David R. Marble - for supporting the CM10.1 port and many great ideas
  • Arne Coucheron - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
  • All TP devs - for the collaborative and innovative work on bringing Android to our TouchPad
  • cyanogen - For starting this great project
  • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode

Last edited:

arky33

Sep 14, 2012
Quebec City
Excellent work, thank you very much! For now I simply can not work without bluetooth, but I'll keep an eye on the progress of those nightlies :laugh:

Reactions: britoso

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
@milaq

Great job in laying out the OP. You've made it very easy to see not only general commits but device specific as well. In addtion, with your direct links to the nightlies and proper gapps, you've made it virtually fool-proof...hopefully. :)

Thanks to all involved.

Mike T

Reactions: milkdudxp and milaq

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
@milaq,

Waiting for my install to complete as I write this. I looked at your issue tracker link and see no issues posted. What I am wondering and I'm sure a million other users is what issues exist right out of the gate. Could you give us a general rundown and your impressions of how you think this rom is working. I want to also complement you on taking on this unforgiving task of producing a nightly. Your OP looks great. You are going to make a lot of TouchPad users very happy.

OK, the install is complete. I installed over the top of J.C.'s CM10 along with the 20130301 Gapps. So far, everything is where it is supposed to be. All apps, data and settings are there and it booted right up without a glitch. looks great.

I even managed to remember the little secret of tapping the build number under settings/about tablet to get Developer Options to appear in settings.

I'll be back to report after running it through it's paces. Thank you, and all that contributed to this effort!

P.S. Did notice one thing, the battery stats under settings/battery is missing. J.C. had accidentally added it to his 0418 rom and it is really helpful in tracking what apps are using the battery.

For those new to CM10.1, I found out from trying out a couple of others, that to get the WiFi sleep to behave properly, one needs to go to settings/WiFi/advanced and take the check out of WiFi optimization.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdzo72 and milaq

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
thanks for setting this up. i was really hoping to see a nightly for our touchpads. goo manager really has me spoiled :)

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
Can we merge "status bar" with "Navi Bar"? Currenly, Navi Bar on bottom and Status Bar on top.

ROM runs fine and works well for few hours now. Will see. Thanks for all efforts.

i dont like that. i was never keen on it, and its not how stock 4.2 android is now, or cyanogenmod. i believe aokp is like that, you can always find a rom that is that... theres lots of them.

Reactions: graffix31

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9TGwHks.jpg

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies

CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies available (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450358).
    The release schedule for 10.1 is weekly now.

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

These builds are compiled from the latest CyanogenMod repos and device repos on device, kernel and vendor files and are based on the awesome work by jcsullins and Dorregaray.

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.

• James Sullins - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
    • Tomasz Rostanski - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
    • David R. Marble - for supporting the CM10.1 port and many great ideas
    • Arne Coucheron - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
    • All TP devs - for the collaborative and innovative work on bringing Android to our TouchPad
    • cyanogen - For starting this great project
    • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode
    tonights build will include the new wifi backports 3.10 (all credit to jcsullins) and some cpufreq adjustments - governor & min/max freq are now linked across cores (oc was only correctly applied to the first core prior these changes). pls test and report back.

cheers
    camera

those changes are not yet commited.

ill do so after a bit of more testing

changes are commited and camera should be working from tonights build on.

pls keep an eye on the power consumption and report back.

cheers
    CDMoncrieff's 4.2.2 ROM's worked for sound when screen is turned off. I don't understand why it's not working on this ROM. It's a deal breaker for me so I nandroid back to my earliest 4.2.2 daily driver. I didn't see much difference in battery time anyway.

As has been stated before, please do not compare Roms against one another.

And no, this is not directed at anybody in particular, but seems to be a lot of this coming from this exact forum.

Understand something, It's considered an insult to the people who create them. If you have an issue, then provide a concise report, accompanied with logcat. This is what gets issues fixed.

Simply stating "blah blah blah doesn't work, I'm going back to blah blah blah" does absolutely nothing to further any type of development. Especially for a device that wasn't intended to run the current OS.

And NO, contrary to some people's popular belief, creating comparisons to other people's roms, does not foster development. In fact, it's probably the number 1 reason aspiring devs leave.

Another myth, is that everything in the dev forum, is a daily driver. Why do you think they call it development.

Myth number 3. Creating a rom is easy. A monkey could do it. If so, you all would be doing this for your own selves and wouldn't be on XDA looking for roms to make your device cool.

Myth number 4. Dev's can create miracles. NO. They require input from users, with dmesg and logcat. This is gold.

Fact number 1. Most users have no idea how to use logcat, dmesg, or adb. If they did, they would accompany log files.

So when you folks have an issue with something not working, how about helping the Dev's out, instead of stating "blah blah blah don't work".

And yes, the post in question had RP's on it.

Cheers.

MD