[Q] Performance of v500 versus v510

Search This thread

ash99

Mar 17, 2006
www.MobileLinuxNews.com
Hi,

Has anyone been able to actually compare the real world performance of the v500 and the v510. For anyone that doesn't know these are the non-Google play and the Google Play editions.

The hardware seems to be the same but one runs Android 4.2.2 and the other Android 4.4.2.

The original v500 seems run the chrome browser a bit laggy and I'm wondering if if the v510 does the same or does running on vanilla Android KitKat 4.4.2 help it.

Thanks

Ash.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
I am so over this app bullsh*t in every android review.They were suppose be comparing the two tab's not the apps or icrap.

Agreed. I can't even read that crap anymore because it seems like every Android device review has an agenda. Their scores are all over the place, make no sense and are arbitrary and worse yet, they don't even add up to an average. They have the absolute worst scoring system of any website I've ever seen. The comment sections are even worse, full of Apple apologists. They have such a double standard, too. I stay far away from that website at all costs.

testadeferro

Feb 20, 2012
Porto
Agreed. I can't even read that crap anymore because it seems like every Android device review has an agenda. Their scores are all over the place, make no sense and are arbitrary and worse yet, they don't even add up to an average. They have the absolute worst scoring system of any website I've ever seen. The comment sections are even worse, full of Apple apologists. They have such a double standard, too. I stay far away from that website at all costs.

The review was not so bad. Anyway I saw the site is a fan boy site. I've a I pad mini and for me the gpad it's miles better...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
The review is not that bad really.
And as for comparison between the LGE and GPE this is mentioned:
The two G Pads are technologically identical — a Snapdragon 600 processor clocked at 1.7GHz, and 2GB of RAM — but the Google Play Edition is faster at every turn. Chrome opens a half-second faster, and renders pages much more quickly. Multitasking menus open quicker, apps resume sooner, even the keyboard pops up a full beat earlier on the Google Play Edition G Pad 8.3. It’s not that the skinned model is slow, far from it: it plays even intensive games like Asphalt 8: Airborne well, and nothing ever felt overly laggy. But stock KitKat clearly comes with a huge speed boost, and switching from one model to the other for days at a time, I always noticed the difference.

TonyBigs

Apr 14, 2011
To be fair this comparison is not quite equal. The hardware may be the same but the OS is 4.4.2 vs 4.2.2. If LG released a version of its 4.4.2 for the G Pad we'd have a much more equal comparison.

Tqpolo

Sep 24, 2012
I have the non GPE and it is slow. I also have a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013. The LG G pad is so much more laggy moving around the UI and opening apps. Chrome is frustrating to use and unbearable.

jmill75

Dec 25, 2009
Ohio
I have the non GPE and it is slow. I also have a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013. The LG G pad is so much more laggy moving around the UI and opening apps. Chrome is frustrating to use and unbearable.

Not sure about unbearable, but I did return mine a month ago because of small lag issue's.

I ordered the Google edition this week, cant wait for it to get here. I prefer the smoothness of stock personally.

shadowgolf

Sep 1, 2008
Hull

I have a Nexus 5 and that is absolutely not my experience. Just been comparing Chrome on both devices using the BBC website and there's very little to choose between them. The Nexus is marginally quicker at loading pages but scrolling is as smooth on both.

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
I have a Nexus 5 and that is absolutely not my experience. Just been comparing Chrome on both devices using the BBC website and there's very little to choose between them. The Nexus is marginally quicker at loading pages but scrolling is as smooth on both.

Same. Scrolling is super smooth, but then again I'm on a PA 4.4.

testadeferro

Feb 20, 2012
Porto

You must see what's happening with your gpad. I don't have this issues and in benchmarking I get 24k my s4 scores between 25k and 28k but has we know Samsung devices cheating benchmarks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am so over this app bullsh*t in every android review.They were suppose be comparing the two tab's not the apps or icrap.

Well it was Verge. I'm sure the article was written on an iPad sporting a picture of Steve Jobs wearing a black turtleneck for a background.
    Completely disagree. Official firmware is designed to push their brand with bloatware and restrict you from messing up your phone and returning it.

CM is always a vast improvement over stock.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app