Going back to stock, no backup

Search This thread

ToastnButter

Sep 23, 2011
Rybnik/Kraków
Hey, I'm about to sell my phone, so I need to get it to its factory state. Prefably so that the guy that buys it could send it over for repairs if needed.
And so I did not backup the TA partition. From what I've read that means no relocking the bootloader. Fine.
But how do I go back to the original 4.1.2 sony-branded system?
I'm currently on CM11. Can I just use Sony Companion to perform the update, is it safe? What steps should I undertake?

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
As far as I know, Sony Update Service won't work with unlocked bootloader (I may be wrong), however, you just need Flashtool and a FTF from the latest stock firmware for Xperia M single SIM (currently at 15.1.C.2.8)

yogesh448

Sep 28, 2013
Mumbai
Sorry mate but you can't lock your bootloader without DRM keys(TA PARTITION BACKUP).
You can flash stock ROM using FTF flashtool and but i cant relock your bootloader but you will get stock rom back.
Warranty is void now!!

dunc4n88

Nov 16, 2011
No once bootloader is unlocked it bricks the device doing ota updates

Sent from my C1905 using xda premium

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Further info for future Xperia phones you may buy: when you unlock your bootloader your DRM keys get wiped, without them, OTA updates, Mobile Bravia Engine (in models that have them -- not the case for Xperia M), Track ID, Download Music Info and SensME (alongside some other proprietary apps/features) will not work, even if you flash stock firmware again.

Before unlocking your bootloader it's always recommended to do a TA backup first, so, if you need, you can relock your bootloader to get your DRM keys back and make proprietary Sony apps/features working again. Since you didn't backup your TA partition before unlocking, you are out of luck now and there is no way of relocking your bootloader.

Also, DO NOT EVER TRY restoring a TA backup from another device (even if it's exactly the same model), TA partition contain some unique info and flashing a TA backup from another device will permanently hard brick your phone...

Reactions: ToastnButter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Further info for future Xperia phones you may buy: when you unlock your bootloader your DRM keys get wiped, without them, OTA updates, Mobile Bravia Engine (in models that have them -- not the case for Xperia M), Track ID, Download Music Info and SensME (alongside some other proprietary apps/features) will not work, even if you flash stock firmware again.

Before unlocking your bootloader it's always recommended to do a TA backup first, so, if you need, you can relock your bootloader to get your DRM keys back and make proprietary Sony apps/features working again. Since you didn't backup your TA partition before unlocking, you are out of luck now and there is no way of relocking your bootloader.

Also, DO NOT EVER TRY restoring a TA backup from another device (even if it's exactly the same model), TA partition contain some unique info and flashing a TA backup from another device will permanently hard brick your phone...