[CM7][UNOFFICIAL][NOV10] temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD 135.4 - FINAL RELEASE

Search This thread

Trystan34

Jan 3, 2012
Hi there,

I am new to flashing and this will be my first time :)

I am going to flash [CM7][KANG][6 JAN 2012] temasek's KANG BUILD P204-28 very soon.

Things I am going to flash:
gapps-gb-20111214-237-signed
ironkernelPSUV (the 0mb hack by some one else)
cm7kang-O2x-P204-27

Could you please tell me the order in which I need to flash all these in recovery.

I am coming from stock rom.

I have backed up all apps in titanium. I am going to be doing nandroid back up soon.

Thanks

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
0. In cwm (make sure you have 5.0.2.0 or higher, install it via rommanger from market) navigate to
->mounts&storage->format /data
format /system
format /cache
1. flash cm7kang-O2x-P204-27
2. flash gapps-gb-20111214-237-signed
3. flash ironkernelPSUV

:)
PS: Make sure you have the right baseband/ril combination. Officially CM7 for O2X is based on BB218. If you are on Stock 2.2.2 with that baseband, then you do not need to do anything. If you are on Stock 2.3.4 with BB725, make sure you install froyo 725ril via 'getril'-app from market. All in all, BB218 is recommended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trystan34

Trystan34

Jan 3, 2012
Thank you.

I still have stock rom on froyo 2.2.2
LG-P990
Baseband 1035.21_20110614
Kernel version 2.6.32.9
Build number FRG83G
LGE Version LGP990-V10c

koboltzz

Dec 26, 2008
hm, chosing the right baseband is a HUGE discussion...
Never the less I recommend BB218, then you do not need to flash the right RIL or install a new app from market. Also, it is a stable baseband, but may have bad voice quality. Test by yourself :)

Reactions: Trystan34

Trystan34

Jan 3, 2012
hm, chosing the right baseband is a HUGE discussion...
Never the less I recommend BB218, then you do not need to flash the right RIL or install a new app from market. Also, it is a stable baseband, but may have bad voice quality. Test by yourself :)

Could you please give me instructions on how to install base band?

What is the order with the base band and the other stuff?

Last edited:

Traged

Nov 28, 2010
Prague
Hi, i have a problems with 28 , when i want to add widget to desktop, application will force close, i was try reboot, clear cache, and it is same, so i am back on 27 .

Traged

Nov 28, 2010
Prague
i do everything as usually, i am upgrading from vers. 20 , everything was ok to 27, now it is ....... in da hell lol

Last edited:

vesparados150

Aug 11, 2010
thanks for your reply temasek.
WOW temasek....updated daily....now im sticking to you rom....thank you so much!!!..oh ya im loving the CUstom glow!!!!!tq sooo much!

just wanna give some feedbacks...overall its great! lovin it...especially the glow. I am also surprised with gps lock time....5 secs..OMG....win...other than that, i get FC's with my navigation app sometimes while navigating...but thats nothing compared to the other great stuff..

another question, do you guys get this sd ext error pressing wiping dalvik cache? but after that it says that dalvik cache wiped.

Last edited:
Z

Zephyr_blues

I told myself im gona pass next few releses, one day isnt enough to find potentialy bugs!
Temasek you just keep up the good work!

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

Well, you don't need to find bugs in those ancient Kangs like 27, do you?:p

Nice work, Temasek!

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Yep, that's actually 1 way of checking it. However, even without clicking "wipe dalvik", your dalvik actually gets rebuilt after the CM7 flash. That's why you can just flash the zip as is.

About the sd-ext error, that's because your phone does not have an sd-ext partition. As almost all of us do. CWM supports SD-EXT partitions should it be present. Bottomline, dalvik gets cleared, and no need to worry about the SD-EXT not found error.

Reactions: ron_gangte

Top Liked Posts