Update.zip 2.0 Modifier/Creator [Script] Drag/Drop Support [Windows]

Search This thread

chillje

May 7, 2011
I have a problem.

Using 2 (create update.zip) but after "singing" it is no update.zip in folder...

any ideas?

nullinger

Oct 9, 2011
Cologne
Creating flashable themes with this tool should be posible or not?

i have app_s, framework_s and font folder, in the placehere folder

then i made these steps:

1. create update script
2. copy directorys
a. set the partition to place the files, in my case sd-ext
b. set folder within the partition, app_s in my case
c. folder from placehere, app_s in my case

did this for all folders in placehere and then created the simlinks and then created the update.zip

Then used amend2edify and flashed the theme.zip via recovery, everything works the script updates but when i restart my device, nothing is changed.

Somebody who can help me ?

Greetz Nulli

Last edited:

Rodman101

Feb 20, 2011
Hey,

I'm trying to push a build.prop to a device with stock recovery and no adb or fastboot support at the moment. I put the build.prop in a "system" folder in placehere and then i opened the script. When i make the update script i put
1.SYSTEM
2.(Blank)
3.system

I've tried different combinations as well as putting "root" instead of (blank) and everytime it goes to install the update.zip it will start, verify the package and then once the installation bar is about a third full it will abort.

Any help?

Jayman007

Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Is there a more recent version of this set of scripts? I tried creating a script but CWM is telling me that the scripting language is no longer supported. I also see that an update-binary is now in the folder with the script. How do I create that?

roscoenr

Is there a more recent version of this set of scripts? I tried creating a script but CWM is telling me that the scripting language is no longer supported. I also see that an update-binary is now in the folder with the script. How do I create that?

Post #194 has version 3

=================================
Swyped from my Warm Gingerbread Evo 4D (smellaphone)

Reactions: Jayman007

Jayman007

Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Thanks to the OP for putting this together.

I grabbed the version 3 from post #194. I see that it is now creating the correct script format.

My question pertains to the mounting...

your script creates a mount command such as
Code:
mount("ext4", "/sbin/mount", "/system");

but I am seeing other working scripts using

Code:
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/data");

then package extract stuff...

run_program("/sbin/umount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/data");

I'm wondering if both methods are valid? Is it not necessary to unmount at the end of the operation?

Also, I was just assuming that my phones system memory was ext4 format but it might not be.. anyone want to conform this for a sg2.

On a final note, it would alleviate much confusion of the OP updated the original post with the latest version as I see many posts of confused folks not able to find it. At the very least maybe add a comment in the OP that the latest version is found in post #194.

Thanks again for the effort.

bouss

Jun 19, 2010
Thessaloniki
I've put some applications in the folder and tried to make an update.zip. The new zip was made but clockwork doesn't install any of these(the procedure starts and finishes instantly without giving any error message). Do I have to be s-off? HTC desire with cwm 2.5.0.7(or something)

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
s-off will only matter if you are trying to use fastboot flash
there must be another reason, try amon_ra recovery if your using a g1, its better

J C

Apr 10, 2008
Great Work Thumbs up. Thank you and all else who contributed to this project so much for your work. This is great

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This script has 2 main uses:

1. Modify an update.zip
    2. Create an update.zip

For #1 - You just extract the contents of an update.zip into the placehere folder, modify its contents, and run the script stating to create an update.zip

For #2 - So far these are the options i have in there for create the update-script

1. Copy directories
    2. Copy files
    3. Create Symlinks
    4. Delete file
    5. Delete directory
    6. Flash boot image
    7. Set permissions for file
    8. Set permissions for directory

New Features in 2.0 :
    - Set java heap size / compression level for zip
    - New drag/drop mode.
    >>> - If you drag a folder onto the script's icon (as in Script.bat) it will compress the contents of the folder into a zip and sign it.
    >>> - If u drag a zip onto the script's icon (as in Script.bat) it will sign the zip for you.

So this script guides u as u select each option, and adds the appropriate command to the update-script file. Then u exit that sub-menu and create update.zip

Heres a video for a better explanation:

This script is a result of me constantly wanting to modify roms before i flash them & users who are unaware/lost as to creating/modifying update.zips.

Download : [Windows]

Okay, if anyone would like to test and give me feedback id appreciate it.

New version is for updater-script. (aka Edify which seems to be what most recoveries are supporting now)

Download
    Uploaded to mediafire:
    DOWNLOAD
    Full Credit to Daneshm90 and Thanks to him!
    Did this cause multiupload link is down :D
    update-script is now

Code:
    package_extract_file("LearnPython_1.1.1.apk", "/system/app/Python.apk");

but I still get a syntax error

Edit: I had also tried putting it in a placeholder file, but that didn't help either, even with the added semicolon

Retry, cuz i just did it and it works fine.

Created a folder app inside placehere folder
    placed my apk inside it
    Ran the script, chose option 1
    Then chose option 1
    Then typed DATA
    Then typed app
    Then typed app
    Then typed 9
    Then typed 2
    Then flashed the update.zip

Letter Casing matters, if it says SYSTEM or DATA , do that dont do data or system.

Btw, first clear out using the script. So when u run it. type y to clear ur previous work.