[Kernel] - 3.1.10 - JB - 1.4GHZ - Galaxy Tab 10.1 (11/19/12)

Search This thread

danielsf

Oct 29, 2010
Hull
I really wish I had the skills to change Gpu clock speed, but I'm afraid I don't. I have tried to find the relevant information without much success. I would love to be able to compile my own kernel with oc'ing to 1.5ghz (default set at 1.2ghz though) with gpu overclocking capabilities, all of which could be controlled with a single app interface, but I am just not good enough at all. I am afraid that by the time I have the skills to do it, no one will even own the tab anymore. I am learning about kernel development, a friend is giving me his galaxy s in a 4 months, which I plan to learn to develop on, so when I am learning I wouldn't break my tab. That's why I was asking you with the overclocking of the gpu as I just am not good enough at kernel development to do anything apart from compiling a kernel from source, and making some very, very basic changes, sorry to have asked about it I know there is much more important things to be done. I would just love to play decent games on the tab, and with decent hardware acceleration in ice, maybe oc'ing the gpu would have made the tab a couple of fps smoother. Anyway, thank you :)

Same here, I wish I had the skills too, but I don't. I would love to try to overclock the Gpu in our dear old tab. I just wouldn't know where to start :)

Edit: I thought a direct quote from the famous movie 'Star Wars A new hope' was fitting, "Pershoot you're my only hope" :D

Edit 2: Sorry pershoot, I don't want to sound unappreciative, thank you so much for all your work on this, it really does mean a lot :)

Last edited:

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
Why does the DB blog say not to use the 05/03 kernel? I understand that it's "for development," but nothing specifies if it's actually safe for end-users.

I'm going to download it but I'll save the install until somebody can confirm this.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Why does the DB blog say not to use the 05/03 kernel? I understand that it's "for development," but nothing specifies if it's actually safe for end-users.

I'm going to download it but I'll save the install until somebody can confirm this.

because the rom contains the current development kernel already. do not flash 0503 over snapshot 0508. you will break stuff.

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
because the rom contains the current development kernel already. do not flash 0503 over snapshot 0508. you will break stuff.

Holy **** that was a fast reply, I was about to edit my last post. I noticed that 05/08 was out right after I posted that, my bad. Thanks though, I'll just use 05/08.

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
Attempting to flash 0508 gives me a "Status 7" errror. Bad download? It took forever to download, too...

Damn.

EDIT: I started the download again and it's going about (literally) 5x faster than it was before. I'll report back if I have further issues.

EDIT 2: I downloaded it again and still get the same error.

EDIT 3: Forgive my persistence, but I'm just wondering what I can do to get this kernel running. I'm sure it would please me more than the stock kernel in AOKP 5.2.

Last edited:

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
use the overcome 2.3.1 rom for p7500.
tried to flash this kernel by cwm recovery..
got stuck in a bootloop..
flashed the rom again.

what am I doing wrong?

(which one do I need from the download page of p7500?)
(I used the first one)

why got the bootloop?

:cool:

Last edited:

sendan

Dec 24, 2009
Appleton
use the overcome 2.3.1 rom for p7500.
tried to flash this kernel by cwm recovery..
got stuck in a bootloop..
flashed the rom again.

what am I doing wrong?

(which one do I need from the download page of p7500?)
(I used the first one)

why got the bootloop?

:cool:

It sounds like you're on a Honeycomb ROM? Everything is labeled very well on droidbasement, just make sure you're not flashing an ICS kernel.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
They will not be compatible with anything else (other then what I'm providing). That is why I'm rolling up roms for testing while I wrap up and work towards getting this in to cm mainline.

itrice

Feb 23, 2010
I can not find the version of pershoot kernel for P7500 rom overcome to enable usb charging, can you help me?
thanks

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
It sounds like you're on a Honeycomb ROM? Everything is labeled very well on droidbasement, just make sure you're not flashing an ICS kernel.

I have the p7500 (wifi&3G)
could you point me to the right/good kernel?
* do I need a full wipe etc for it?
* takes it a long time to boot?
* I believe I used the right one of 12/09/2012.. (p7500)

I only have to flash it.. need no PC?
I´m used to flashtool etc for my phone etc.

voncrane

Jul 22, 2009
I can not find the version of pershoot kernel for P7500 rom overcome to enable usb charging, can you help me?
thanks

Hi, follow the steps listed out here.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I have the p7500 (wifi&3G)
could you point me to the right/good kernel?
* do I need a full wipe etc for it?
* takes it a long time to boot?
* I believe I used the right one of 12/09/2012.. (p7500)

I only have to flash it.. need no PC?
I´m used to flashtool etc for my phone etc.

Here u go... 10.1 3G, Touchwiz UX (HC 3.2 (stock); GT-P7500):

Just reboot to recovery and flash...

Penguin_be

Sep 14, 2011
sounds like you have a korean tab or an EU tab which region is not supported by this kernel.

restore your backup.

if you want to use this kernel, then youll need to odin to a particular 7510 rom (located in general section; thread is in regards to scrolling/flickering screen), then flash to the latest 3.2 rom for your device, then flash kernel).

Anyway to make it support EU tabs running on HC? Is this pure a PAL/NTSC problem?

thx

MapleSyrup

Oct 9, 2011
Pershoot, if I want to keep building your kernel with all the latest experimental modifications, should I keep using galaxy-2636 or are you going to switch completely to android_device_samsung_p4-common (in your repos, not cyanogen's)

jiri.hlavacek

Mar 20, 2008
Problem with WIFI connection after kernel flash

I have (or better to say I had before) GT-P7500 (XXLA1) 16GB with latest official HC3.2 firmware

I installed su_busybox_misc-sam_tab_10.1-061611.zip & boot-cm_2636.4_p4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip
via CWM 5.5.0.4

After that, WIFI cannot connect to any WIFI AP (3 different routers in my home and company).
It always stop at Getting IP address and start searching WIFI AP's again.
Before kernel flash it was working.

3G is working and I have no problem with internet or network connection thru internal modem.

I do not want to use ICS, just need HC3.2 and OC to 1.2 or 1.4 GHz (I don't want ot install kernel for ICS with missing functionality/camera bugs).

Is there kernel which does nto have this problem?

I made Dalvik cache wiping & uninstalled Callmeter 3G & Watchdog 3G . Still problem with WIFI, 3G modem still working.

Any idea what's wrong

UPDATE:

I replaced kernel back to stock by writing boot.img and now is WIFI working again.

dd if=/mnt/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3

Maybe problem was with dhd.ko kernel modul on this EU version of tablet.

Last edited:

danielsf

Oct 29, 2010
Hull
git clone git://github.com/pershoot/galaxy-2636 -b ics galaxy-2636_ics

you can use this toolchain, http://droidbasement.com/androidTO/arm-2010.09.tar.gz or arm-eabi-4.4.3 from AOSP

if using codesourcery's:
export CCOMPILER=PATH/TO/TOOLCHAIN/bin/arm-none-eabi-

export PATH=$PATH:pATH/TO/TOOLCHAIN/bin

cd galaxy-2636_ics
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$CCOMPILER pershoot_samsung_p4wifi-ics_defconfig (for gt-7510)
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$CCOMPILER
copy arch/arm/boot/zImage in to the anykernel zip under the kernel folder (we're using gt-p7510 in this example) zip (you can find this at droidbasement for galaxy tab 10.1)
copy drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/dhd.ko to anykernel zip under /system/lib/modules/

sign the .zip (you can use stericon's tool here: http://droidbasement.com/androidTO/signing.zip for windows; for linux you can sign via x509)

transfer to tab and flash in CWM.

Note: You can specify -j[NUM] for the number of concurrent threads to run, to make. I use 12 (-j12) for a 6 core development base.

Thank you very much for this :) I'm off to have some fun :)

Last edited:

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Pershoot, if I want to keep building your kernel with all the latest experimental modifications, should I keep using galaxy-2636 or are you going to switch completely to android_device_samsung_p4-common (in your repos, not cyanogen's)

my repo:
galaxy-2636, is workarea
android_kernel_samsung_p4, is staging

cyanogenmod repo:
android_kernel_samsung_p4, final for whatever i've been working on in my repo.

samm1e

Nov 24, 2006
Pershoot,

Samsung keyboard dock now is not fully working. Some functional keys is not working (incl. LANG button), no other languages supported except English.

Is there any chance keyboard dock will be fully supported, after Samsung releases ICS tab 10.1 kernel sources?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not planning on moving to cm10 next year. I'll try to get all tabs up on 10 by end of next week.
    this weekend ill have rom updates for cm9/10, then ill work towards getting everything uploaded in to mainline, while i wait for newer sources from samsung.
    as discussed, i will be making one stable 3.1 kernel for cm9 (ics) so it can go to stable status (i.e. all functionality in tact) then development will move to jellybean (cm10).

i 'may' create a one-time kernel, non supported for TW ICS, but that is low on the list.
    going to try to get another update out either tonight or tomorrow. want to update/patch more things.

pershoot neva sleeps! hehe.