[TUTORIAL] How to flash back to a Stock ROM! (@mod: Sticky idea?)

Search This thread

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Hi all,

This is an basic how to for reflashing a Stock-ROM.
I made this so the newbies can reflash their phone to stock after trying out any other awesome ROM.. And to prevent these questions in the threads!

REQUIREMENTS
  • Original Samsung Cable
  • Odin V4.43 (Click me!)
  • AriesVE.OPS (click me!)
  • Samsung Drivers installed ( Download and install Samsung KIES!)
  • Patience
'

STEP BY STEP GUIDE

You have downloaded Odin and AriesVE.ops (Yes?)
Great, lets get started!!!

First: Open the taskmanager on your computer (ctrl+alt+del). Go to "Processes" and search for:
Note: Samsung KIES has been updated to version 2.5
Code:
KIES.EXE
KIESPDLR.EXE
KIESTRAYAGENT.EXE
KIESAIRMESSAGE.EXE
Close all of these... :good:

Next: Download your ROM ( for stock ROM go to Samfirmware.com and make an account and search for GT-I9001) Download the correct ROM ( it is an .zip file so unzip it, if it's password protected the password could be samfirmware.com )
You can also download from here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9001#
For an easy way check this list: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002171 (©Outerh3aven) here you can find every stock rom atm availeble.
Then: Open Odin, if your computer is running on Windows 7 or Vista select Odin and press the right mouse button in and select "Run as Administator"

Then: In odin select "One Package". In the line OPS you have to put AriesVE.ops, so click browse and search for the file.
Then on the bottom of Odin you'll see "One package" Select the StockROM you just downloaded.

Then: Turn off your phone and turn it on in Download mode ( Volume Down + Home + Power) and connect your phone to the computer.
You'll notice a yellow square with COMM(3)! and in the log you'll see Detected!! and Added!!

Simply pres START and grab a beer :laugh:.
Your phone will reboot in recovery to finisch the job. After this it will reboot again and your phone is back to Stock. This proces takes time so be patience!!

Pro's:
- Stock so you have your warranty back :victory:
- Stable (only the launcher is not stable.. :p)

Con's:
- Full with bloatware
- No root and not able to use apps which require root
- No theming
- No OTA
- No ICS or JB

Some things that can happen during flashing:
- Odin gets stuck at Setup connection!!
> Just remove phone (you'll see FAIL!! dont worry!) remove battery for 10 sec and try again..

- Hang at boot
> Remove battery, turn your phone on in recovery and wipe cache and wipe data/factory reset

-Odin is not responding
> Dont do anything!!! Wait and see what happens!

Some advice:
When the flashing process gets stuck at System.img.ext4 download. Try it again for at least 2 times.
If that doesnt work for you. Flash BroodROM RC5.
You'll wonder why :silly:
Well, for some reason it fixes the partitions and after the installation of BroodROM RC5 your phone will reboot succesfully.

Hit thanks if you think it's usefull!!

Last edited:

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
How to root and unroot your stockrom and many more

If you flashed your phone back to stock, you wont have root anymore. If you want root on your stockROM follow this little guide:

How To root:
- Download this file (Click me!)
- Put this file on the internal SD card!!! (very important beacuse StockROM cant acces External SD via recovery!!)
- Scrol with Volume buttons to "Apply Update from SDcard"
- Press the "Home button" and scroll to Root-I9001-signed.zip
- Press the "home button" again scroll to "Yes" and press the "home button" again
- Reboot you phone and it will be rooted and it will have SuperUser

How to Unroot:
-Download this file (Click me!)
- Put this file on the internal SD card!!! (very important beacuse StockROM cant acces External SD via recovery!!)
- Press the "Home button" and scroll to Unroot-I9001-signed.zip
- Press the "home button" again scroll to "Yes" and press the "home button" again
- Reboot your phone and it will be as normal as it was before rooting and the applicaiton SuperUser will be gone

PLACE HOLDER FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL

~ More information will be added shortly~

Last edited:

medwe27

Feb 8, 2012
Great tut!

To get the warranty back, you have to reinstall the stock recovery too.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: pojhe

mizuki_kai

Sep 14, 2012
Hi, thanks for posting. I'm glad you did it. But one thing is the title is a bit confusing. I think you can try renaming it to How to flash back to Stock ROM.

Reactions: mrjraider

mizuki_kai

Sep 14, 2012
One more question by the way. What is the SS_DL.dll file for:confused: It's put along with the md5 in the zip file.

iCloud

Feb 11, 2012
It's useless. Just delete it :D

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

iCloud

Feb 11, 2012
Ah..I see..Thanks..I just tried to flash back to stock rom. it takes more than 2 hours 30 minutes and then i unplug the cable. i tried over again and the time still ticking. WEIRD:confused::confused:

Did you run as admin?(right click) and under download mode?

iCloud

Feb 11, 2012
Yes. I would fail sometimes if you didn't run as admin. Also disable kies, anti virus and firewall.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

This is an basic how to for reflashing a Stock-ROM.
    I made this so the newbies can reflash their phone to stock after trying out any other awesome ROM.. And to prevent these questions in the threads!

REQUIREMENTS
    • Original Samsung Cable
    • Odin V4.43 (Click me!)
    • AriesVE.OPS (click me!)
    • Samsung Drivers installed ( Download and install Samsung KIES!)
    • Patience
    '

STEP BY STEP GUIDE

You have downloaded Odin and AriesVE.ops (Yes?)
    Great, lets get started!!!

First: Open the taskmanager on your computer (ctrl+alt+del). Go to "Processes" and search for:
    Note: Samsung KIES has been updated to version 2.5
    Code:
    KIES.EXE
    KIESPDLR.EXE
    KIESTRAYAGENT.EXE
    KIESAIRMESSAGE.EXE
    Close all of these... :good:

Next: Download your ROM ( for stock ROM go to Samfirmware.com and make an account and search for GT-I9001) Download the correct ROM ( it is an .zip file so unzip it, if it's password protected the password could be samfirmware.com )
    You can also download from here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9001#
    For an easy way check this list: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002171 (©Outerh3aven) here you can find every stock rom atm availeble.
    Then: Open Odin, if your computer is running on Windows 7 or Vista select Odin and press the right mouse button in and select "Run as Administator"

Then: In odin select "One Package". In the line OPS you have to put AriesVE.ops, so click browse and search for the file.
    Then on the bottom of Odin you'll see "One package" Select the StockROM you just downloaded.

Then: Turn off your phone and turn it on in Download mode ( Volume Down + Home + Power) and connect your phone to the computer.
    You'll notice a yellow square with COMM(3)! and in the log you'll see Detected!! and Added!!

Simply pres START and grab a beer :laugh:.
    Your phone will reboot in recovery to finisch the job. After this it will reboot again and your phone is back to Stock. This proces takes time so be patience!!

Pro's:
    - Stock so you have your warranty back :victory:
    - Stable (only the launcher is not stable.. :p)

Con's:
    - Full with bloatware
    - No root and not able to use apps which require root
    - No theming
    - No OTA
    - No ICS or JB

Some things that can happen during flashing:
    - Odin gets stuck at Setup connection!!
    > Just remove phone (you'll see FAIL!! dont worry!) remove battery for 10 sec and try again..

- Hang at boot
    > Remove battery, turn your phone on in recovery and wipe cache and wipe data/factory reset

-Odin is not responding
    > Dont do anything!!! Wait and see what happens!

Some advice:
    When the flashing process gets stuck at System.img.ext4 download. Try it again for at least 2 times.
    If that doesnt work for you. Flash BroodROM RC5.
    You'll wonder why :silly:
    Well, for some reason it fixes the partitions and after the installation of BroodROM RC5 your phone will reboot succesfully.

Hit thanks if you think it's usefull!!
    How to root and unroot your stockrom and many more

If you flashed your phone back to stock, you wont have root anymore. If you want root on your stockROM follow this little guide:

How To root:
    - Download this file (Click me!)
    - Press the "Home button" and scroll to Root-I9001-signed.zip
    - Reboot you phone and it will be rooted and it will have SuperUser

How to Unroot:
    -Download this file (Click me!)
    - Press the "Home button" and scroll to Unroot-I9001-signed.zip
    - Reboot your phone and it will be as normal as it was before rooting and the applicaiton SuperUser will be gone

PLACE HOLDER FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL

~ More information will be added shortly~
    Great tut!

To get the warranty back, you have to reinstall the stock recovery too.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

No, if you flash any stockrom you automaticly get stockrecovery.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk
    Is CWM deleted after the stock installation?

Yes, it reverts to the stock recovery
    I bought a mainboard and it has a code on it; even if I reflash the whole system, nothing changes ... any ideas? i already wrote to the seller, but he replied he needed to ask a friend :p

regards :D

I made a package that resets (all) partitions. (recovery.img is cwm with menu button usage, and boot.img is from latest stock, the modem is KPM, and the rest of the files are empty. to reset)

http://www.mediafire.com/?0u16z3anw22as2k

;)