[Q] failed to mount /sdcard error

Search This thread

xomixxonix

Dec 18, 2010
hi guys :)

this is my first post on this kickass site and i hope that someone can help me with this rather strange error :victory:
as the subject of topic says , i get this error whenever i boot my friends sgs into recovery as normal booting goes on loop forever.
this is the error i get in the recovery of stock I9000XXJVU:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--Copying media files...
E:failed to mount /sdcard (file exists)
E:copy_dbdata_media:can't mount /sdcard
your storage not prepared yet,please use UI menu for format and reboot actions
media files copy failed

# MANUAL MODE #

-- Applying Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC
Can't access to '/system/csc/TRA/system/'.
Successfully applied multi-CSC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what happened is this:
my friend had a sgs and i wanted to flash it with cyanogenmod 10 (android 4.1)
the stock firmware was 2.2 iirc.
i just rooted the stock and flashed the 4.1
it went ok but i saw the mounting error back then sometime that i rebooted the device with 4.1 on it but didn't get that error all the time and it would boot just fine.

then the error popuped more and more.
so i decided to flash stock 2.3.6 ,rooting it and finaly go back to 4.1.
after i flashed the device using I9000XXJVU it goes on loop.
recovery and downloading mode works.but the recovery give me that error i said above.

i guess a hardware issue but i don't know for sure

i'm lost here :silly:
help me plz

Thanks in advance :)

Brahmnoor

Nov 12, 2012
New Delhi
technopedia.hostizzo.com
I also had this problem. Was on stock JVT with semaphore, partitions converted to ext4.

I decided to reboot my phone for no particular reason (was working reat) and when i powered it on kept boot looping without really getting past the samsung gt-i9000 white letters / black background screen.

CWM recovery said it was unable to mount any partition. External SD mounted fine, just nothing from the internel sd. No system, data, whatever. Got me thinking i may had my internal sd malfunctioning.

I just flashed it with odin and my stock branded operator rom (2.3.3) and done nothing more. No repartition. Working great. Was probably some ext4 error.

Before that i had been using cyanogen stable. Started giving FC like mad, so i flashed that stock JVT. On hindsight it may only had been the data partition that had run out of free space but i had no way of knowing when it happened and needed my phone running.

Reflashing got mine running again. Maybe try with Heimdall if odin's not working for you? Be sure to get a complete rom, with bootloaders and such. I'd suggest your operator's stock one. That way you can also send it back to samsung if it still doesn't work.

Found this post somewhere in the xda forum, it helped many people having the same problem as yours, hope it helps you !!!! ;)

Reactions: xomixxonix

xomixxonix

Dec 18, 2010
thanks for the help guys :)
i tried everything that came to my mine and used this topic for my errors but still get errors :(
problem 11 and 12 are the ones i get flashing different roms
even tried a Rescue kit from here but no go...

why this is happening to me? :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi flash this http://db.tt/T8ZpfTPa in pda section in odin

Then see & follow my last post in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1993937
    I also had this problem. Was on stock JVT with semaphore, partitions converted to ext4.

I decided to reboot my phone for no particular reason (was working reat) and when i powered it on kept boot looping without really getting past the samsung gt-i9000 white letters / black background screen.

CWM recovery said it was unable to mount any partition. External SD mounted fine, just nothing from the internel sd. No system, data, whatever. Got me thinking i may had my internal sd malfunctioning.

I just flashed it with odin and my stock branded operator rom (2.3.3) and done nothing more. No repartition. Working great. Was probably some ext4 error.

Before that i had been using cyanogen stable. Started giving FC like mad, so i flashed that stock JVT. On hindsight it may only had been the data partition that had run out of free space but i had no way of knowing when it happened and needed my phone running.

Reflashing got mine running again. Maybe try with Heimdall if odin's not working for you? Be sure to get a complete rom, with bootloaders and such. I'd suggest your operator's stock one. That way you can also send it back to samsung if it still doesn't work.

Found this post somewhere in the xda forum, it helped many people having the same problem as yours, hope it helps you !!!! ;)