My Xperia Neo V doesn't turn on - red led

Search This thread

HPeralta

Dec 24, 2011
Hi there! I've got my Xperia Neo V since May 2012 and yesterday it went off battery, i put it charging and tried to turn it on but it didn't. It only has a red light. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:

Ghostfreak NB

Aug 11, 2012
Mumbai
Hi there! I've got my Xperia Neo V since May 2012 and yesterday it went off battery, i put it charging and tried to turn it on but it didn't. It only has a red light. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Thanks a lot in advance

Have you rooted it?
Have you made modifications?
Did you do anything you're not sure of to your phone?

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

HPeralta

Dec 24, 2011
Have you rooted it?
Have you made modifications?
Did you do anything you're not sure of to your phone?

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium
Never rooted or modified the phone. It only had the same use as a Nokia 3310 :laugh:

How much time did you wait during charging? If less then 2-3vin so just wait a bit more and you''l be able to turn it on. If it will not then try to flash stock FW by flashtool
I'll try to flash stock FW

linux_devil

Jul 10, 2012
You may try stock and restore but before that try changing charger cord and charge it again

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

HPeralta

Dec 24, 2011
I tried to flash my phone but when it asks me to press the "back" button and connect to computer it doesn't pass from that point, keeps asking to do that when i am doing it.
Also, when i plug in the phone it says "USB Deviced not recognized"

Last edited:

megatpanji

Jun 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You need to press and hold while inserting USB cable to your phone.dont let go the hold untill you see the green light

Sent from my Xperia Neo V

HPeralta

Dec 24, 2011
What i did so far:
-Changed the wall charger (used a Samsung one)
-Tried to flash with stock FW, but it isn't even recognized
It still didn't give me anything except a red led.

fka

Oct 23, 2012
remove battery, plug power supply, start phone, insert battery. this should help

avinashrocks1990

Mar 3, 2013
New Delhi
Step 1: Download s1tools here and extract.

Step 2: Remove your phones battery and reinsert it.

Step 3:eek:pen s1tool and click on identify now connect your phone and follow the instruction
(For NEO V press and hold back button and u will see the following message as shown in screenshot)

Capture-31.png

Step 4: When u got above message click on 'RESTORE' when the restore process completes remove the cable and reinsert your phone battery.

Step 5: Downlaod flashtool here and 4.0.2.A.0.62 Firmware here and extract it.
(Note:for flashtool tutorial click here)

Step 6: Flash the .tft file according to the tutorial and restart your phone, your phone will definitely start:):):):)
(Note: After restoring, your phones bootloader will be locked, again u have to unlock to install custom kernels or roms.)[/QUOTE]

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda premium

HPeralta

Dec 24, 2011
When i try to download the S1tool "The file link that you requested is not valid."

-EDIT-
I've downloaded it from other link, when i try to do the 3rd step it still gives me the message "device not recognized".

Last edited:

fka

Oct 23, 2012
If you can't enter fastboot / start the phone when battery is removed, I think your phone is broken. I hope for you I'm wrong and someone comes with another idea...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

endriuss

Apr 2, 2013
Warsaw
OnePlus 8 Pro
In my opinion there are two possibilities. Your battery is broken - so you should first borrow it from another neo v user or the part of hardware responsible for charging battery inside the phone is broken so you should try to charge battery offline the phone and after that try to turn on the phone with battery.

adity

Aug 18, 2012
mumbai
I remember seeing a thread which explained how to repair such phones.
Just can't find it.
It surely involves test point.
Try searching for the thread

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app

Swapnil Kadlag

Oct 6, 2013
Mumbai
U super hard bricked ur phone
I got this issue twice but i repaired it
Go to xda arc section
I dont know but the thread should be in themes and apps or android development
Named red light in it