4.3 Update failed

Search This thread

wajih29

Feb 19, 2014
Hello,
i was updating my sony xperia sp from sony pc companion at first it downloaded the update on my pc and then it started on my mobile right after my mobile switched off for the update process i waited for a bit and then an error occured saying there was some problem updating your device and said dont worry retry the process or repair your software i have tried both of them but they dont my mobile doesnt turn on when i press the power button it Starts and shows Sony and then it switches off again i also tried to open it in fastboot mode but it doesnt help either please anyone help me revive my phone :crying:

Tutadse

Jan 10, 2014
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Try it with SUS (Sony Update Service). Download it on Sony homepage and install it on your pc!

Devices in use:
Xperia ZL eXistenZ Ultra 4.0
Xperia SP eXistenZ Ultra 2.0
Xperia Tablet Z => Stock deodext 4.3 (waiting for eXistenZ)

wajih29

Feb 19, 2014
Try it with SUS (Sony Update Service). Download it on Sony homepage and install it on your pc!

Devices in use:

Well i am trying it now lets hope it works i'l get back to you once its done fingers crossed

wajih29

Feb 19, 2014

Devices in use:

it dint really work man it downloaded the update but installation failed dont know what went wrong with my device i followed all the steps of Sony but it ruined my mobile instead of updating it. Thanks for your help though

sourabhp

Jan 29, 2013
you need stock rom to update to 4.3. you cant update on eXistenZ ROM using PCC or SUS

ParvSharma

Feb 20, 2014
Delhi
Solution

I faced the same problem once.

Steps to fix.
1. Open the back lid and Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds (You may need a pen or something). 3 vibrations and phone will be off.
2. Uninstall PC companion and SEUS and clear everything in C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs (Update files)
3. Install SEUS (DONT PLUG IN YOUR PHONE or again It will be in bootloop)
4. Select the phone model in SEUS and press next.
5. When it prompts , press and hold down volume key and plug it in

HOPEFULLY this will fix the issue.
Windows 8 may give some issues. I used windows 7 after I git the error.