UMTS/HSDPA radio bands

Search This thread

birutilla

Oct 26, 2009
Santiago
Hi guys, I don't know if this is a basic question but I have to ask it since I haven't find an answer yet...

Can I modify the HSDPA/UMTS band via ROM or SPL update?

I bougth a HTC T-mobile myTouch (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA) but later I realized that here in CHILE my provider uses the 850/1900 band for 3g .

If I root my phone and try a different SPL and ROM, is it possible to change bands?

So, can I do somethig to make it work here or is it a matter of hardware?

Thanks

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
You could sell the MyTouch and buy a Rogers Magic or Dream. They use the same 3G frequency as your networks in Chile. 850/1900

:No-Frost:

Sep 4, 2009
Santiago
twitter.com
I'm from Chile too, I have the same "problem" But actually I don't care to much because next year 2 Nextel and VTR will offer mobile services... And they are gonna be based on the 1700/2100 bands...

birutilla

Oct 26, 2009
Santiago
I'm from Chile too, I have the same "problem" But actually I don't care to much because next year 2 Nextel and VTR will offer mobile services... And they are gonna be based on the 1700/2100 bands...

Hi no-frost, I know that next year that will happen, but nobody really knows when... By the way, I saw your other posts, I wanted to tell you that I rooted an entel magic phone without loosing 3g or wifi...(via gold card) after a lor of trying an error I finally cach up with a mixture of ROM and SPL that worked:D