[APP/DRIVER][9Jul] Pinch to zoom ON ANY DEVICE IN OPERA! TOTALLY NEW VER!

Search This thread

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Hi ladies and guys,
I’ve finally managed to do what I was trying to do since about 4 months ago. Pinch to zoom on your device in browser/Album/more.
First, I want to thank to many people, from what I remember it is l5v3y (C, Windows, ...), Chainfire (reverse engineering within IDA), Da_G, thx1200 (ZoomBar mod), supbro (GreenButton app), Twopumpchump (psychic support) and from what I don’t remember, many more.

So, this new version practically SIMULATES PINCH TO ZOOM FROM HTC HD2, so IT IS FLUID and BOUNCY :)
Just as I wrote earlier, THIS VERSION 2 IS WORKING ONLY IN OPERA! GMAPS AND ALBUM ARE BROKEN BECAUSE OF THIS NEW WAY FOR NOW!!

CURRENT DEVELOPMENT STATUS AND INFO HERE

9th July Update - spent another many hours on new algorithm, borrowing HD2, working, testing, swearing etc.
14th June Update #2 - use FIXED version, the normal one breaks GoogleMaps!
14th June Update - fixing many stuff, now Opera and GMaps work way better!

Original pre-published videos:
1st http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYNHq9qQEs
2nd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPku_Jt3_8c
3rd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmLC5CkRwjs

Please, don't reupload these three, thanks. If you want to make one as a review or anything, sure you can do :)

Download stats:
alpha - 2286
alpha2 - 60
alpha2fixed - 3105

Downloading and running howto:
Download this attachment and install the cab on your device. Now you will have in Start new folder named Pinch To Zoom with two links - Enable and Disable.

Don't try running ResistiveSystemPinch.exe file twice (or more times!), otherwise it may crash your gwes (not sure why, I close everything)! :)

For those with problems running it in Opera, try this (thanks to kain144000!) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6866597&postcount=237
Try downloading compatible Opera (thanks to NorcoFox)

Also note, that if you just launched PTZ, it reacts AFTER you first change your topmost window, so try going to eg home and then back to Opera!

ENJOY!

to keep me working (I spent many, MANY hours on this)

Donated:
- $12.5 - Scrufboy
Any $ is appreciated and will receive betas (if there will be any, there is not much to betatest)!

Attachments

• PTZ_2.cab
    41.6 KB · Views: 7,012
Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Compatibility list
  • Opera 9.5 - tested, works (on some builds) - with v2 it's broken!
  • Opera 9.7 - tested, works (on some builds)
  • Google Maps - tested, works - with v2 it's broken!
  • Opera 10 - doesn't support this type of stuff or I'm not aware of that
  • HTC Album - working on supporting it

Frequently asked questions:
  1. Will it work on WinMo 6 or 6.1? YES
  2. Will it work on QVGA, VGA, WVGA, HVGA, ..? YES
  3. How does it work? Magic...
  4. Can you add support for application XYZ? If it is doable then later yes, but not right now.
  5. I noticed you keep one finger still, do I have to? Since resistive touchscreens report only one finger, I detect movement between those two fingers. If you move both, it won't detect any change and it will fail to work! So yes, one finger must be still.
  6. It doesn't work for me!? I'm sorry, I can't do much without getting access to that device. I guess it must be some kind of uncompatibility between Opera version you have. GoogleMaps should work for everybody though.
  7. Can you give me source code? Yes, I can.
  8. And will you give to me? No, I won't. I'm too greedy! :p
  9. Can you make this for Android/Symbian too? No, I can't.

Tested devices:
  • HTC Touch Pro 2 -- WVGA, really good user experience

Known problems and their solution:
  • All except "it doesn't work for me" are gone?

Last edited:

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Mod - I Regret Nothing!
Apr 14, 2009
Texas
I'm salivating already! can't wait to test it :D

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Oh I should notice, that for best experience (hate this world after MWC :D) is required WVGA screen because of digitizer resolution, but it will work on any screen (resistive) :)

And yes, one of the other testing devices will be hopefully soon friends' HTC HD and mine Kaiser once I turn it on.

winmofreak

Sep 15, 2009
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I simply cannot express in mere words how much I can't wait for this. By the way, Prague is the most beautiful city on earth. I had the pleasure of going there in 2007, and was thoroughly amazed.

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Sure, only requirement is WM5 and newer I guess. It was compiled on 6.5.3 SDK but hey, it is still WinCE so theres no reason why it wouldnt work on other phones.

Oh the other requirement is zoombar or pinchtozoom from HD2 capable Opera, since Im using messages from those drivers. But I guess newer 9.5 and almost any 9.7 can do that, album 2.x and newer I guess will work after adding it too.

And inbox in Tmail might be problematic with wm6.5, I need to find way, how to disable gestures events or I need to study them, what are they capable of.

PS, Im still thinking about my next project, what should I do... Just joking ofc, I have now plenty jobs to do.

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
Great Work!

U did it. Now it's possible to make a zoom of the pictures album using our fingers.

When will be released?

Thanx ;)

Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Looks great OndraSter, looking forward to trying it on my diamond (any idea on Opera10/mini5 support?). Thanks.