[Q&A][MOD]OGYouTube: Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback

Search This thread

OGMods

Nov 5, 2012
ogmods.net
Q&A for [APP][MOD]OGYouTube: Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for OGYouTube: Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Most known questions:
1. Force closes on Android (6.0)!
Make sure that you gave the write permission to the app from "System's settings"

2. I can't login to my account?
Make sure that you have installed the right login fix for your device
Use the Xposed fix if you have xposed in your device or the 3 apks if you don't have it

3. I have enabled OGXposed but I can't login in?
Make sure that you have installed the "YouTube" version that replaces the original youtube app
(The app's icon should be "YouTube" instead of "OGYouTube")

4. I can't download anything/use popup mode (Android 6.0+)?
Make sure that you gave the write permission to the app from "System's settings"

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
Is it possible with this app to make it work similar to youtube music? for example when you turn off the screen it doesn't play the video-just the music part?

MehmetDemirci

Apr 22, 2016
Hi guys i have note 4 and I'm using DN5 V 0.5 ROM and i also have xposed framework downloaded in my device. .. im using OGYouTube xposed version with the xposed module when i first donwloaded it everything was fine but now when im trying to download video it stucks in the download window (loading "decrypting video links" )... i tried many times and wait for some minutes but nothing happened i still cannot donwload pls whats the problem im getting bored ?? anyone have the same problem and can belp me with it???

Thank you....

OGMods

Nov 5, 2012
ogmods.net
Hi guys i have note 4 and I'm using DN5 V 0.5 ROM and i also have xposed framework downloaded in my device. .. im using OGYouTube xposed version with the xposed module when i first donwloaded it everything was fine but now when im trying to download video it stucks in the download window (loading "decrypting video links" )... i tried many times and wait for some minutes but nothing happened i still cannot donwload pls whats the problem im getting bored ?? anyone have the same problem and can belp me with it???

Thank you....
The download option for decrypted Videos such as Music Videos is broken now, since YouTube changed something on it
It will be fixed on the next update

Reactions: MehmetDemirci

sshafranko

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Does MicroG have to be installed for users with rooted phones that do not have the Exposed framework installed? The download section on http://ogmods.net/home/OGYoutube does not specifically state if MicroG is needed for rooted, non-rooted or both.

Thanks!
Ha you got a free thanks..lol...yea it has to be installed, i beleive you wont be able to sign in without it

Sent from my nobleltetmo using Xda Portal

Reactions: jeffshead

hauhauhau7

May 10, 2014
Hello, thank you for this mod, i have encountered some bugs with the app, I'm using a Galaxy S7, not rooted.

-although i have selected to open with my subscriptions it always opens with recommended

-i can't select or modify the video/audio downloads folder location

- when i switch to another app, the audio stops playing, even if the background playback is checked.

-sometimes, when i open the app i get an error (screenshot), i have to swipe the app from the recents and open it again.

-when i resume the video from background it's black, is this normal?

As a feature request, could it be possible to add an 'x' to close the app from the notification drawer when it is playing in background ? Thanks.

f539e78857a8cd24d0ba0d95fca35790.jpg

Last edited:

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
is anyone having random problems with reloading the app from background? thx
I do have occasional black screen but it's just a matter of pausing playback for a few seconds and resuming - like it was a audio/video resync issue... not sure it's really OGYT problem rather than YT...

If it's returning to normal mode that you meant, use the recent apps list instead of pressing the notification panel.

- - -

2 suggestions for @OGMods:

1) could an option to turn off audio notifications be added?

My intent connection is often not too stable and I see downloads frequently stop (and I have to manually go press tge resume option from downloads) and each time, it's 2 or 3 notification chirps and it gets very annoying.

2) related to the above, could an option for auto-resume on paused download be included? At least one that would do so when the app is still in use would be very nice.

Otherwise, thanks for your mod.

Mariner_1712

Feb 20, 2014
Odd. All of a sudden, this morning I get a continuous network error on OGYT despite both mobile and wifi working.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Labs

Mariner_1712

Feb 20, 2014
Here's the error message when I try to sign in after logging out of the app. It occurs on both standalone and rooted OGYT 2.0. I have microG and OG Xposed installed for both tests, and the app was working fine last night but not when I woke up this morning.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-25-13-36-57.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-25-13-36-57.png
    94 KB · Views: 343

Master ST

Aug 19, 2015
hi bro,
i uninstalled original youtube then installed ogyt ......... now what to do ......plz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you....
    The download option for decrypted Videos such as Music Videos is broken now, since YouTube changed something on it
    It will be fixed on the next update
    Does MicroG have to be installed for users with rooted phones that do not have the Exposed framework installed? The download section on http://ogmods.net/home/OGYoutube does not specifically state if MicroG is needed for rooted, non-rooted or both.

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Ha you got a free thanks..lol...yea it has to be installed, i beleive you wont be able to sign in without it

Sent from my nobleltetmo using Xda Portal