Snapchat

Search This thread

nickone

Mar 31, 2009
I've been using snapchat on my Rooted, Xposed, Snapprefs S7 for a little while with no issues.

A while back I logged out, and couldn't login. I took a titanium backup from a Samsung tablet, restored it do my device and all worked :)
This no longer seems to work, after restoring I now get a 'could not refresh data' message in snapchat and it goes back to the login screen.

So after a bit of reading it seems that to login normally again you need to remove xposed by flashing the uninstall.zip. - This didn't work.
I ended up resetting my device, which removed root access. Now I can login.

To reapply root I used this guide - http://mobilesiri.com/galaxy-s7-edge-exynos-root/ and do nothing else, snapchat stays logged in. but if I logout, I get a login error message.

So It looks like snapchat is detecting root? not only xposed.

On top of this the Titanium backup method no longer seems to work..

If a take a backup when logged in to snapchat, logout and restore the backup. I get the familiar 'could not refresh data' message and back to the login screen.
This is with no xposed, only root.

All tested with Snapchat 9.39.5.0 (the snapprefs supported version)

nickone

Mar 31, 2009
Yes you could be right, but as I'm using the same version of Snapchat (9.39.5.0) it must be server side?

It previously worked on this same version.

RIVANH

Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles
plus.google.com
In my side I did have to unroot my op3 then sing in. With the latest snapchat version.. Then I root and install Titanium backup and create a back up but also I create another profile for the snapchat because I use 2 snapchat.. Again need to unroot but before that I change profile to the new one so when I unroot and boot my phone again I can login w my other user. After that just root uninstall snapchat sideload the correct version for snappreff and on Titanium just hit snapchat and do restore data only.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

forbidinjustice

Jun 5, 2009
Fort Hood, TX
In my side I did have to unroot my op3 then sing in. With the latest snapchat version.. Then I root and install Titanium backup and create a back up but also I create another profile for the snapchat because I use 2 snapchat.. Again need to unroot but before that I change profile to the new one so when I unroot and boot my phone again I can login w my other user. After that just root uninstall snapchat sideload the correct version for snappreff and on Titanium just hit snapchat and do restore data only.

Any idea why multiple profiles aren't working for me? I switch to Profile#1 via a TB widget, open Snapchat, and it's not logged in. Same if I switch to any other Profile. If I restore data (only), I'm logged in and that data stays intact, even when I switch profiles. It stays logged in on that name. The profiles were created correctly and each /data was assigned correctly to the respective profiles... it just won't switch as I believe it's supposed to.

RIVANH

Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles
plus.google.com
Any idea why multiple profiles aren't working for me? I switch to Profile#1 via a TB widget, open Snapchat, and it's not logged in. Same if I switch to any other Profile. If I restore data (only), I'm logged in and that data stays intact, even when I switch profiles. It stays logged in on that name. The profiles were created correctly and each /data was assigned correctly to the respective profiles... it just won't switch as I believe it's supposed to.
The widget stop working for me and mess up my profile. You should try to change the profile over within the Titanium app and if don't work try to restore again the data of the apps in each profile. That's my best guess to try.