[Q] App like NoLED that works on SGS2?

Search This thread

Mused

Jan 29, 2009
Hi All,

Been trying to find something that will work like NoLED for the SGS2. I have issues with NoLED in that in combination with Handcent sms and the popup notification, it gets its self in all sorts of messes (loops etc).

I've seen there is a BLN mod for SGS1 which allows the buttons to act as notification lights (e.g. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813389) however there's nothing that I can find that works for SGS2.

Anyone found a solution?

Last edited:

hennymugge

Jan 22, 2009
Katwijk
+1 for this thread

Coming from a Desire, Im really missing my LED notifications... So any alternative is highly appreciated.

Can't use NoLED because I'm using WidgetLocker and therefore I disabled the stock lockscreen (which I truly HATE!)

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
i'm using NoLed since the first day i bought the phone and there's no issue.

Compability issues appears if you run widgetlocker, handcent etc. Noled also disables the functions of the sliders that appear on stock lockscreen. You know the one you get an SMS and a slider appears that takes you direct to the message. Function is broken with noled

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Can apps like this cause a burn in? And wont the continuous screen-on weaken the colors over time?

Answer, yes it could cause burn in, I don't think colours will be damaged though.

The biggest issue here will be battery drain. Using an app like this users processor power and screen power at a time the phone would normally be sleeping.

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
Compability issues appears if you run widgetlocker, handcent etc. Noled also disables the functions of the sliders that appear on stock lockscreen. You know the one you get an SMS and a slider appears that takes you direct to the message. Function is broken with noled

Function is broken? Not for me, works with the messages slider without any problems. Also, since I started using Handcent I have had no problem with noled either, noled works everytime I get a message, email etc. Strange how it works no problem for some but others have nothing but problems. :-(

mystifiyer

Jun 26, 2010
I got a problem with Noled in that if I use "other icons" for calls (Phone), the phone flashes and show who is ringing but immediately after that, the screen off the display in split second and only shows the green phone icon moving randomly(which signifies a missed call) even though the call is still ringing

Not sure if its explained clearly enough though.

Did I set it wrong?

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
I can't use anything with noled, not widgetlocker not the sliders from stock lockscreen etc :/ thats weird

yiannisthegreek

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
I have both Wigetlocker and NoLed and they work fine together. At one time on my SGS i9000m they had a conflict but i spoke with the dev of NoLed and was informed that a fix was coming and i have the latest NoLed on my SGS II and have no issues...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

saveferris

Jun 4, 2008
I remember reading that a developer was working on the back lights as notifications....I can't seem to find it in search......any ETA ?

FRlTZ

Feb 25, 2011
Helsingborg
NoLed works perfect with Widgetlocker, just check settings in both programs to make sure nothing is blocking unintentionally :D

Mused

Jan 29, 2009
Has anyone seen any update for this? I've tried reinstalling it and still have issues. I need something like NoLED badly :(