[Q] external2internalSD swap internal memory and sdcard

Search This thread

mosa90

May 8, 2014
Do anybody have an idea to switch the microsd (extSdCard) and the sdcard/internal memory (sdcard0)?
I tried a lot
Root external 2 internal SD and the external2internalSD init.d script.
The app isnt workin, i have no idea how to configure, i tried it with all mountpoints..?
The script makes very crazy things. Either it doesnt work or the sdcard+extsdcard wont mount (sdcard on all mount points is just a file
with 0 bytes and the extsdcard mountpoints are empty folders).
Or the script (a modified note2 script) kills my installation, the phone boots but it says App was killed..
Please help, if anybody has an idea.
I will try anything, an other rom/kernel too.

My phone:
N9005 (32GB)
Stock ROM 4.4.2 with root
Sdcard is 64GB Sandisk exfat formated (179:64)

(Native language: german)

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
You need to be on a rom with init.d support and also use a kernel with init.d support, than go check out mattiadj Galaxy S4 thread with his ext2int sd mod. I use it on my tmobile note 3 with compulsion kernel and see my 128gb as my internal sd and 32gb as external now. Only his v6 .zip is compatible with kk 4.4.2 bootloader else you need to use his v8 4.3 .zip on the s3 forums.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

mosa90

May 8, 2014
mount issue

You need to be on a rom with init.d support and also use a kernel with init.d support, than go check out mattiadj Galaxy S4 thread with his ext2int sd mod. I use it on my tmobile note 3 with compulsion kernel and see my 128gb as my internal sd and 32gb as external now. Only his v6 .zip is compatible with kk 4.4.2 bootloader else you need to use his v8 4.3 .zip on the s3 forums.

Do i have to rewrite (make changes in the script)?
I installed omega rom with omega kernel (init.d is supported).
Then i installed the script (v6 for exfat kk), but the script do not mount the sdcard(s) right.
It only mounts the intsd into the intsd (sdcard0/intSdCard). (there are the folders "0" "legacy" and "obb")
The extSdCard is untouched.
Do u have an idea?

mosa90

May 8, 2014
Last edited:

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
OK after i formated my SD-Card with Rufus 1.4.7 (no quickformat) works the script.
I used this script http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/mod-extsd2internalsd-v8increase-data-t1772234
(Back to mattiadj -> i9505 -> android_4.4.2 -> extsd2internalsd_exfat_gs4_6_kk.zip)
I used OMEGA v13 ROM + OMEGA KERNEL. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470441

Thanks for helping :)

Awesome glad you got it to work, I like helping out on this thread because

1. I appreciate mattiadj making this app for all of us to use it free of charge.
2. I couldn't live without this mod anymore as I have way too many apps that have all those extra data/obb files that wouldn't fit on the internal memory and I know a lot of other people do too.
3. I enjoy helping out as much as I can in hopes that mattiadj will continue this mod in future android updates and I know he already gets hammered with a lot of questions.

carlos1984

Mar 31, 2011
cannot get to work, on n900w8

i have tried iton note 3 with stock 4.4.2 with complusion kernel, on wicked rom, on infamous rom with original kernel and with complusion.
this is how i tried first i format the 64gb sd card to exfat, then i install the rom and or kernel, then once the phone boots up i restart and install the extsd2internalsd_exfat_gs4_6_kk.zip. but when i restart it shows the same thing as before applying the mod.

can someone help me, or let me know what i am doing wrong, or if you have a certain rom kernel combo and which exfat version you used.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

have a n900w8 flashed with a n900t rom and compulsion rom but still not working, i used the extsd2internalsd_exfat_gs4_6_kk.zip. can you let me know what imdoing wrong or what rom you are using?
EDIT
so i tried something and named a file on my sd card different then on my internal and it seems to have switched my storages but when i plug the phone in it still say my internal is 32gb but i know that it is my sd because of the file i put in the sd card.

any one else have this problem?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

OK after i formated my SD-Card with Rufus 1.4.7 (no quickformat) works the script.
I used this script http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/mod-extsd2internalsd-v8increase-data-t1772234
(Back to mattiadj -> i9505 -> android_4.4.2 -> extsd2internalsd_exfat_gs4_6_kk.zip)
I used OMEGA v13 ROM + OMEGA KERNEL. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470441

Thanks for helping :)

what did you format to fat32 or exfat? im having a hard time on this.

Last edited:

hooflee

Oct 31, 2014
Alright im new here. (Hello) and i have kinda the opposite problem. My sd card died recently and with it a whole bunch of apps stopped working. Now if the situation was the apps were installed on the sd then duh no **** the apps are on there of course they'd stop working. But here's the thing. None of the apps were installed on the sd but are all on internal so im a bit pissed and confused as to why that would happen. All obb files and the latter are on the internal. Could someone please help me?

Top Liked Posts