ICS is live!

Search This thread

Kawaiius

Mar 6, 2008
I dont know what else it could be and its pissing me off..i've downloaded from two different browsers..checked the MD5 and it still says its the wrong image after the blue bar loads up..this is bull

Last edited:

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Don't really know...About to get ready for work so had to put on hold...

What does this update do? How does it "prepare" your phone for the update

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

=====================
Don't really...About to get ready for work so had to put on hold...Just have it sitting in /cache/fumo/....right now. Just thought I would save it...In case someone wanted to look at it. I will post it later tonight if no one else has.

sk8bert12

Jan 1, 2012
We can still get s-off after the ota right? I wanted to do this after my phone got ics

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
I dont know what else it could be and its pissing me off..i've downloaded from two different browsers..checked the MD5 and it still says its the wrong image after the blue bar loads up..this is bull

make sure its named PH98IMG.zip

its also a zip inside a zip so you will need to extracted it first.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

We can still get s-off after the ota right? I wanted to do this after my phone got ics

we cant confirm this yet. best to do it on gb then update to the OTA via hbbot.

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
For those having issues running the RUU:
Make sure it is on the root of your SD card (ext_sd or SDcard2, depending on which file manager app you use). Easiest way to check is to put the SD card in your pc and look at the SD card that way. Right click the PH98IMG.zip file and click properties. Make sure it is the right file size, and has the right name (no double zip, like PH98IMG.zip.zip or something).

Guys, you do NOT need to unlock your bootloader for any reason if you are already S-off.

Reactions: Sheldor1967

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Wow. Lol is that necessary

yes so you dont get forced to install it. its up to the end user. if it was just forced and you didnt have a full battery when the process starts then it will brick the device.

sending a 7mb file that askes you to update instead of sending a 700mb file that ask you to update is a lot nicer on your phone.

Last edited:

sk8bert12

Jan 1, 2012
true but we cant confirm that the phone charges when an update is being applied.

thats something we should test.

I guess your hinting something to me:p time to put my phone on reserve then plug in charger and download ota! Inb4 success

Last edited:
Reactions: SynisterWolf

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Well its finally here see attached image...

Attachments

• 2012-08-02_12-58-20.jpg
    2012-08-02_12-58-20.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 342

dogface3247

Feb 16, 2012
Detroit
I'm a noob but this is what i did to get re lock bootloader also unroot phone to get the update to download. Hope it help you guys out, see you on the other side. After everything was done im downloading the ics update now.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1472606

p.s. i use Rezound_All-In-One_Kit_v2.1 to relock the bootloader.

Last edited:

Hag77

Feb 28, 2011
So, will s-off users need to have the jbear hboot and a recovery handy to reflash? I'm assuming the update will blow em away but not sure.

dangerousjenny

May 16, 2010
I have seen this question asked an no one has really answered but should I unlock before doing the ota I am getting it now and I want to know if I need to do that before or if I will be able to afterwards and how do you make it so you can download it and save it. I would really like to know if someone could answer please.

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
So, will s-off users need to have the jbear hboot and a recovery handy to reflash? I'm assuming the update will blow em away but not sure.

If your going to take the OTA you need the stock recovery, that should answer your question about if it will blow it away.

Says its going to take 23min to update make sure your batteries are charged..

Last edited:

drtchocky

Jul 21, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
a6f81c28-b7f7-8f52.jpg
Dudes... I just got the update notice, but it says it's 7.1mb? is this the previous update to bring me up to date before I get the new one? I'll update with screenshot.

Top Liked Posts