Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
dM6jtB7.png

Code:
[COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */[/COLOR]

This is an unofficial build of CM10.1.
This is an attempt to stay close to official cm10.1 and not make crazy hacks to make things working.

This is a pure CM build, only contains official CM features. I will not add any other external feature/app/etc.

For an up-to date working/not working list, bug tracker, useful guides & FAQ, visit our new website:
http://legacyxperia.github.io

Requirements:
* Only use the included kernel for 100% compatibility, bug reports with non-standard kernel will be ignored.
* LT15i (Arc) users need to flash LT18i (Arc S) ftf in order to remove /vendor partition and have increased /system & /data space

Installation instructions:
1. Flash boot.img (in the zip) with fastboot or FlashTool
2. Install update zip in CWM recovery
3. Install Google Apps (gapps) zip in CWM recovery (this step is optional for those who don't want Google Apps)
4. Wipe data (do this only if you come from stock ics, a newer version of android like cm-10.2 or if you have problems like Force Close after installation)

How to build:
[GUIDE][DEV] How I build my own CM10.1 test builds

Changelog:
Release/nightly changes

Downloads:
http://legacyxperia.basketbuild.com
PLEASE DON'T MIRROR OUR UPLOADS

Google apps:
Fast mirror of official gapps
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

NOTE:
Following xda's rule #12 spirit: If you are developing something that is based on my work, you MUST first seek my permission, you must add my name in the credits and you must add links pointing to my original thread and to my github sources.
Breaking this rule will lead me to report the thread to the moderators.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
NEW!!! BUG Tracker
If you want to help fixing those bugs, please report the bugs in the bug tracker. Thanks!
Logs are needed (logcat/dmesg/last_kmsg), not just "got FC" or "+1" useless replies.

XDA:DevDB Information
LegacyXperia, a ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Contributors
mikeioannina, FXP, nobodyAtall, M66B, pcfighter, shufuking, Steph310
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest version of official ICS firmware: 4.1.B.0.587 or the latest supported baseband: 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-77
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Stable Version: stable 20130908
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-08
Current Beta Version: nightly 20131108
Beta Release Date: 2013-11-08

Created 2013-10-01
Last Updated 2013-11-30

Last edited:

vaibhavknockout

Mar 28, 2011
Testing, Screenies attached

Thanks for the effort. It's really appreciated. Here's what I feel after initial testing of one hour -

1. No force close till now.
2. Camera works with ICS (8mp pictures and 720p video recording, panorama FC).
3. Everything is fluid but not as snappy as CM10, as you've already mentioned it stutters mostly during animations when changing apps otherwise stable and smooth.
4. Battery usage much better than most custom ROMs, it's what I feel. Due to lack of formal testing, I may be totally wrong.

Thanks for this great ROM to Arc community.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-54-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-54-35.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 44,856
  • Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-55-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-55-17.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 42,594
  • Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-57-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-57-14.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 40,649
  • Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-57-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-57-51.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 40,129
  • Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-58-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-58-25.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 31,034
  • Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-58-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-58-38.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 37,948
  • Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-59-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-21-59-10.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 33,185
  • Screenshot_2013-02-14-22-00-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-22-00-03.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 28,316
Last edited:

shufuking

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for the effort. It's really appreciated. Here's what I feel after initial testing of one hour -

3. Everything is fluid but not as snappy as CM10, as you've already mentioned it stutters mostly during animations when changing apps otherwise stable and smooth.
4. Will test battery drain and report soon.

Thanks for your report and screenshot.
Can I add screenshots to this thread?

Last edited:

wmi543

Apr 13, 2011
feed back

tested on my arc-s, booting ok, takes around 3 minutes for 1st boot. Everything seems ok until I flashed the gapp.
After booted up, a error message popped up
"Unforunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."
and another error message keep popping up
"Unforunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"
it makes the phone unusable.

goce.nakov

May 27, 2010
Skopje
tested on my arc-s, booting ok, takes around 3 minutes for 1st boot. Everything seems ok until I flashed the gapp.
After booted up, a error message popped up
"Unforunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."
and another error message keep popping up
"Unforunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"
it makes the phone unusable.

You flashed wrong gapps

Devoct

Jun 23, 2012
Thanks guys for the report.
Did anyone test about the multi touch?
I don't have the arc. I can't test by myself.
If do have the multitouch problem. Need some changes in system file.

multi touch working just fine, everything else working, and i didn't face any screen freezes, only bluetooth didn't work as mentioned.
it's just not as fluid as CM10 yet, but looking forward to next updates.
thank you for the hard work! :good:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Testing, Screenies attached

4. Battery usage much better than most custom ROMs, it's what I feel. Due to lack of formal testing, I may be totally wrong.

I cannot understand what was the need behind upgrading to 3.x kernel for such legacy devices. This rom was just great with 2.6.x kernel series. Focusing on fixing remaining bugs (eg. VoIP is not working) was not excitinig enough? Well, test builds are welcome then! But please let our phones to be still usable! Quoting besttt I'm the 3001 person having continuous reboots and a ridiculous performance (opening the apps menu takes 6-8 seconds at times and other times is enough to trigger a reboot.

People who want to experiment dozens of customizations to make things work have many other ROMs out there to play with.
    The main feature of this one is simplicity: just CM, nothing else. Why making our life so much complicated for the sake of the latest kernel on a legacy device? At least, please, make it optional!

Besides this, thanks a lot for your hard work backporting CM 10.1 on our Arcs. :good:

First of all, without 3.x+ kernel: we will never have bluetooth, never have proper display & video encoder/decoders and a lot more bugs. Just because .32 was ""stable"" doesn't mean we have to stick to it. Instead of focusing on ancient 2.6.32 kernel we prefer to port the newer kernel to have the latest features and be able to upgrade to future android versions.

We are not sony, so don't expect a perfect kernel/rom in just 2-3 months. This will take a lot more time until it's stable.

Second, I'm sick of people complaining for the same things for 2 months and do almost nothing to help. Provide logs, add them in the bug tracker & create an issue if it's not already existing. Everything needed is in the first post. READ.

This is a DEVELOPMENT thread so the builds are not meant for everyday use even if we say so. Everyone has to personally test the rom to see if it suits his needs. READ the working/not working list & bugs in the bug tracker if you want info about the rom.

We know there are reboots, if it was easy we would have already fixed it. You have to understand most of the devs have left the 2011 devices, not so many skilled people are left.

Third, this is open source. If you want to run 4.2 on ancient .32 kernel, you can fork the LegacyXperia repos, make the appropriate changes for the old kernel and build. We won't switch to 2.6.32 kernel so stop asking for it.

Last of all, posts complaining for bugs, without logs and without report on bug tracker will be ignored from now on. Such posts makes the devs want to ignore the answers here in xda because of the mass spam that happens with repeating posts all the time. If you DON'T see something fixed in the changelog, it's broken, so no need to re-report the bug.

Let's see how many times I'm going to write this post again, I'm sick of posting it every few weeks.

If you haven't watched xda's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA, you should watch it and think before posting again.
    @utonto this is not personal, I'm writing this post for all users and for the posts I've read the past days.
    Step 2: Done

http://i.imgur.com/ezncJMi.jpg

Time for debugging

Working: nothing
    Not working: everything

ETA: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2328500

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

You can follow the working/not working progress here https://github.com/LegacyXperia/local_manifests/wiki/CM10.2-kernel-3.4-status
    New build coming (EOL)

## Nightly build 20131018 (EOL) - cm-10.1
    * Latest cm10.1 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.66
    * Fixed CWM backup/restore
    * Camera: Enabled video stabilization
    * Camera: Enable 864x480 video recording (will show as 720p in the app)
    * Camera: Enable image stabilization & disable scene detection in HDR mode
    * Camera: Metering mode support
    * Revert: all except urushi: update touchscreen initialization (kernel)

This will be the last build of cm-10.1. CM code is pretty much frozen now so I will release a build only if some major bugs are fixed.

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow.

Remember: bug reports which are not in the bug tracker, not using the latest version & without proper logs will be ignored. Please follow the instructions in the Q&A thread.

Any discussions about battery life, general questions, such as, "will this app work with this ROM", "thanks", "+1" and any other non-development related questions and topics should be done in the Q&A thread.

I am locking the development threads for 1 day so most people can read the new rules above.