[Q] cwm on broken emmc

Search This thread

eungholee2

Apr 9, 2011
The u-boot for nook colors with broken emmc's (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1511854)

has helped me save my nook. I now have cm7 working off my sd card.

However, since my nook still has no bootloader, I can't seem to access the CWM (although I did apply the alt_cwm files from B5 in leaplinar's threads). Any tips?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
The u-boot for nook colors with broken emmc's (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1511854)

has helped me save my nook. I now have cm7 working off my sd card.

However, since my nook still has no bootloader, I can't seem to access the CWM (although I did apply the alt_cwm files from B5 in leaplinar's threads). Any tips?
What makes you think your emmc is broken so you need that u-boot?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

eungholee2

Apr 9, 2011
I tried multiple cwm's, including all of your cwm fixes. The emmc repair zips wouldnt flash because the cwms wouldnt be able to load /sdcard. Ironically the cm7 sd allowed me to format the internal emmc so I can atleast use the 5.3 gigs or so.

Retried a cwm sd card but still wouldnt boot.

Sent from my SHV-E300K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I tried multiple cwm's, including all of your cwm fixes. The emmc repair zips wouldnt flash because the cwms wouldnt be able to load /sdcard. Ironically the cm7 sd allowed me to format the internal emmc so I can atleast use the 5.3 gigs or so.

Retried a cwm sd card but still wouldnt boot.

Sent from my SHV-E300K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you could format internal emmc, it is not bad.

Try making a bootable CWM and then replace the u-boot.bin. That should allow it to boot. Then run my repair zips.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

eungholee2

Apr 9, 2011
If you could format internal emmc, it is not bad.

Try making a bootable CWM and then replace the u-boot.bin. That should allow it to boot. Then run my repair zips.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

I get the following error after running "wipe data/factory reset" I get the following error: E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk1p8

does the official CM7 not include a bootloader? because after wiping everything it still doesn't boot. I also tried using repair 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 zips to no effect.

CWM version 6.0.1.2

edit: retried everything, it gives me an error mounting /boot

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I get the following error after running "wipe data/factory reset" I get the following error: E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk1p8

does the official CM7 not include a bootloader? because after wiping everything it still doesn't boot. I also tried using repair 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 zips to no effect.

CWM version 6.0.1.2

edit: retried everything, it gives me an error mounting /boot
What were you running when you did that factory reset? mmcblk1p8 is an SD partition.

After you ran the 1245678 zip did you run the format zip?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
First time around there was no improvement. Now I'm just getting Status 7 errors.
edit: redownloaded all the files again just to make sure.
When a status 7 occurs it has text saying what the error is. What was it?

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

And to answer your original question, the u-boot.bin that that user modified was a very early version and had no boot menu. That is why you cannot boot to the alternate CWM from my thread.

eungholee2

Apr 9, 2011
When a status 7 occurs it has text saying what the error is. What was it?

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

And to answer your original question, the u-boot.bin that that user modified was a very early version and had no boot menu. That is why you cannot boot to the alternate CWM from my thread.

Assert failed? A reboot fixed it (I ran the repair partitions zips and forgot to reboot).
just saw the second part, thanks.

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Assert failed? A reboot fixed it (I ran the repair partitions zips and forgot to reboot).
just saw the second part, thanks.
Which assert? The one about /factory? You need to be a little more specific so I can diagnose and maybe help repair your device.

Last edited:

eungholee2

Apr 9, 2011
Which assert? The one about /factory? You need to be a little more specific so I can diagnose and maybe help repair your device.

I haven't been able to replicate it. Maybe it was just a one time thing before the reboot applied the new partition table.